This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which server should I choose?

#1Dragunov_4_everPosted 4/4/2009 2:29:26 PM
I'm the guy who lost my Sepheroth account that I'd been using for years. I was on the Bahamut server which I notice is no longer selectable (full?). I'm going to make a new character (*cries*), but seeing as I've never been on any server other than Bahamut I just needed some advice on which currectly selectable server is the most populated?

I tried Gilgamesh already. It seems pretty empty to be honest, with only 1000-1500 people in the world. I remember Bahamut having way more than that.

If I end up on the same server as any of you, maybe you would like to help me get to a steady lvl and help me get started properly + help me with the sub-job quest at lvl 20.
#2bungiefanPosted 4/4/2009 2:36:05 PM
We're not going to tell you which is most populated. Answering that question is why Odin and Bahamut got closed. Pick one at random unless you have a specific person you want to play with. We're not going to help you contribute to overcrowding of another server.

Server population of people logged in varies on day and time, as well as what percentage of the server population is in which time zones. Remember, the servers are globally shared.
---
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.31.
#3Dragunov_4_ever(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2009 2:45:12 PM
Is Bahamut full or shutdown?

Well you might aswell tell me, because even if you don't I will just try each one out individually until I find whichever one is currectly most populated at this time. Does it matter if another server fills up? I mean there's plenty of other servers to choose from so it doesn't exactly matter and the more people on a server the better, muchmore people to Party-up with.
#4bungiefanPosted 4/4/2009 4:02:00 PM
It got full, so they opened world migration on it, and closed it to creation of new characters until the population drops low enough, which hasn't happened on Odin in almost a year since they locked that server.

Current logged in population is not an accurate indicator of total server population. We have no way of seeing total server population. Just pick one at random.

If a server fills up, we can't invite friends we may want to play with, because they'll close it to character creation. We also won't be able to make mules anymore. More population isn't better. Too much population and you have lines for Nyzul, BCNMs, and all sorts of other things, plus camps being overcrowded, and zones reaching their population limit so you can't enter them.
---
My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.31.
#5KainnK19Posted 4/4/2009 4:45:25 PM
Will you say which is LEAST populated? =)

---

Kane: 2921 7508 4980
#6soloscarPosted 4/4/2009 4:55:21 PM
Arrr, I be recommendin' that ye' be choosing Pandemonium or Asura. Bahamut and Odin be closed t' character creation. Tis' up t' you. If ye' have mates, play with them. Assumin' they play o' course. Gar.
#7bungiefanPosted 4/4/2009 4:56:16 PM
We have no way to tell, SE doesn't post server populations. All you can see is how many are logged in right that minute when you are logged in on the same server. That's why we just say pick at random. Just organizing a lot of random people to go to one server is what caused this problem. Pick one. Otherwise you will constantly be doubting yourself and rerolling on a different server and losing your progress.
---
#8ShadygrovePosted 4/4/2009 5:33:19 PM
The server with the most GameFAQs posters is Asrua. Garuda has 5 or 6. Some others have more.

There is a census that is about a year old on the PoL site.

---
Kitty is a polite way to address any Mithra. If you use kitten, either you are my BF or wearing scars
#9Dragunov_4_ever(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2009 6:10:07 PM
Nevermind, I chose Alexander
#10AuraBlaze1Posted 4/4/2009 8:15:02 PM
I chose Diabolos cause that's how I roll.
---
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/AuraBlaze/cool.jpg
There is no Truth. You are born, reproduce, get out of the way, and die.