XBox 360 Controller on PC help......

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XI
  3. XBox 360 Controller on PC help......

User Info: Triumph83

Triumph83
6 years ago#1
hey everyone. i was wondering if anyone knew how i can get this working. i mainly play on xbox 360 because i find it easier to do stuff on console. but sometimes i want to play on PC as well for when i have endgame days and i can be on vent. i dont have an xbox 360 controller wired......i have a wirelss controller with a play and charge kit.......i manually downloaded the dirvers i needed from microsoft, installed them..... then went to device manager and it said "device is working properly".

but when i go into the pc ffxi config menus, "enable keypad" it does not work....i cannot assign buttons etc or anything. i am also running windows vista 32-bit btw. xbcd i also downloaded and couldnt assign keys either.......does anyone know what i have to do to get this working properly? do i need an actual wired xbox controller instead of the wireless with play and charge kit?

thx in advanced
XBOX Live Gamertag : DeadlySwordz83

User Info: deathguise125

deathguise125
6 years ago#2
i would like to know this aswell
xbox live gamertag: ajkiller125, psn: vincent125

User Info: cyco

cyco
6 years ago#3
I have never gotten a play and charge to work on a PC. When people talk about using an Xbox 360 controller on their PC usually they are talking about a wired one.

User Info: Killa P

Killa P
6 years ago#4
You need a 360 controller wireless receiver or a wired controller.
Looks like it's going to be a fun night.
Looks like it's going to be a long night.

User Info: Daremo

Daremo
6 years ago#5
Yeah, the charging cord doesn't transmit any data. You need a receiver for PC.
Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

User Info: Daremo

Daremo
6 years ago#6
Also, better drivers the the standard MS ones, if you want to use the triggers for anything.
Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XI
  3. XBox 360 Controller on PC help......

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived