This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBox 360 Controller on PC help......

#1Triumph83Posted 2/15/2010 9:24:52 AM
hey everyone. i was wondering if anyone knew how i can get this working. i mainly play on xbox 360 because i find it easier to do stuff on console. but sometimes i want to play on PC as well for when i have endgame days and i can be on vent. i dont have an xbox 360 controller wired......i have a wirelss controller with a play and charge kit.......i manually downloaded the dirvers i needed from microsoft, installed them..... then went to device manager and it said "device is working properly".

but when i go into the pc ffxi config menus, "enable keypad" it does not work....i cannot assign buttons etc or anything. i am also running windows vista 32-bit btw. xbcd i also downloaded and couldnt assign keys either.......does anyone know what i have to do to get this working properly? do i need an actual wired xbox controller instead of the wireless with play and charge kit?

thx in advanced
---
XBOX Live Gamertag : DeadlySwordz83
#2deathguise125Posted 2/15/2010 11:44:51 AM
i would like to know this aswell
---
xbox live gamertag: ajkiller125, psn: vincent125
#3cycoPosted 2/15/2010 1:24:43 PM
I have never gotten a play and charge to work on a PC. When people talk about using an Xbox 360 controller on their PC usually they are talking about a wired one.
#4Killa PPosted 2/15/2010 2:42:49 PM
You need a 360 controller wireless receiver or a wired controller.
---
Looks like it's going to be a fun night.
Looks like it's going to be a long night.
#5DaremoPosted 2/15/2010 3:13:41 PM
Yeah, the charging cord doesn't transmit any data. You need a receiver for PC.
---
Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
#6DaremoPosted 2/15/2010 3:15:14 PM
Also, better drivers the the standard MS ones, if you want to use the triggers for anything.
---
Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary