This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one that thinks they shouldn't have raised the level cap?

#1hotpiercedguyPosted 4/11/2012 7:00:13 AM
In my opinion if SE would have spent the time to make the game "better" IE more content/areas/choices for items/etc. instead of just raising the level cap and making most of my progress feel worthless they could have retained a better userbase.
---
well good for u i didnt come to ur precious server im not gonna tell u where i am but im not on urs thank you - Sxmfc
#2ShadygrovePosted 4/11/2012 8:13:30 AM
How long would it have taken you to upgrade all your relics anyway?

Did you know that there is a +2 upgrade path for AFv2 now?

And no, I had several friends drop out over the level cap raise.
---
"Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." - Benito Mussolini
#3Keeper OrlandPosted 4/11/2012 5:44:16 PM
I enjoyed the game much more before the level cap was raised. But I haven't played in 6 months, it could be awesome now. I'd like to play but I have no internet here, lol.
---
Suck Squeeze Bang Blow Suck Squeeze Bang Blow Suck Squeeze Bang Blow Suck Squeeze Bang Blow Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
#4TaintedSeraphimPosted 4/11/2012 9:05:39 PM(edited)
Personally, I have to wonder exactly how many people left the game because of the level cap increase. Did it hurt their subscription numbers by any noticeable amount? Or were there enough new and returning people who liked the changes enough to outweigh those who left? It would be very interesting if there was any available information on this.
---
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/27500_b8f8f77c0f3cdec5.png
League of Legends: Maphesdus
#5ShadygrovePosted 4/11/2012 11:29:24 PM(edited)
I personally know three TS.

I liked my LSs better before XIV came out.

IMHO: LC 75 FFXI <> LC 99 FFXI but different. However, LC 99 has even MORE endgame activities.

Also IMHO: FFXI > FFXIV > anything else. Have a couple of beta requests pending though.

Edit: Then again I know three who came back from before the first LC raise and love it.

---
"Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." - Benito Mussolini
#6Albel_FreakPosted 4/14/2012 10:47:18 AM
I left before the level increase because it pissed me off.....I came back and got up to 90 and got my Masamune.....then left......came back and got my jobs up to around 93, then left because it was super boring and didn't want to take the time to even think about how long it would take upgrade relics and empyrean weapons....and now I have no desire to even think about coming back.

Everytime I do, its in hopes that the game would be like how it used to be, but I know that isn't possible anymore.

The only way I would possibly come back is if I started a whole new character and soloed everything and only got my jobs to 75 and did sky and sea only to try and enjoy the game in my own way.
---
Cliff - Star Ocean
"Whoa, I'm not getting TOO strong, am I?
#7vegetakenPosted 4/14/2012 3:53:50 PM
I'm kinda for the raising because it allowed you to lowman more things and still kept enough group activities. Never really loot whored.

In my opinion if SE would have spent the time to make the game "better" IE more content/areas/choices for items/etc. instead of just raising the level cap and making most of my progress feel worthless they could have retained a better userbase.

Meh its one of the few games where higher level items aren't always a better thing. They did add quite a lot of items, areas and content. They basically changed how FFXI was played really with the adding of abbysea...if anything you should be mad at the adding of abbysea since it killed a lot of other events for more instant gratification...which is def what ffxi was missing.

Oh and for friend count, myself and 6 others came back, 3 were new to the game when the level cap was raised.
---
axe<great axe<greater axe<greatest axe. no need to thank me. ~_Emissary_
PSN: Sadboosh
#8Maxo996Posted 4/14/2012 6:10:26 PM
I'm one of the people who came back because the level cap was increased and abyssea. Why? It was fun, and fun in low numbers to accomplish things for seemingly good rewards. Granted after so long it was less of a skill-related ability to successfully low-man empy's and what-not and more of being way over-powered/atma'd but it still was a great injection into the life of the game for a little over a year for me. Call me a bandwagon player or whatever. That and my +400 days of playtime. Ironically not a week after I basically shouted my kannagi from 85 to 90 I quit. Why? Because the grind to 95 kannagi, then 99 looked terribly boring. And having 13 jobs 99 all with af3 +2 etc I was running out of fun things to do fast and VW def. was not bringing back the old-fire inside IMO. Neither will re-vamp of nyzul or beseiged or salvage. The best thing they did was when they added a big chunk of purely new content (abyssea) as well as the extra incentive to level higher and cap skills, etc
---
Hi. How ya' doin'?
#9cruxPosted 4/14/2012 6:18:40 PM
Everytime I do, its in hopes that the game would be like how it used to be, but I know that isn't possible anymore.

They renewed Dynamis. They renewed Nyzul. They renewed Einherjar. They're renewing Limbus. We're likely getting a Divnine Might 2.0. All signs point to new equipment being side-grades, just like it was for years at 75. How in the world do you see it as impossible that the game will be what it was? Because leveling up jobs is trivial? Anyone who thinks that the magic of FFXI lies in endless exp. grinding are monkeys, plain and simple.
#10Albel_FreakPosted 4/14/2012 6:47:20 PM
crux posted...

They renewed Dynamis. They renewed Nyzul. They renewed Einherjar. They're renewing Limbus. We're likely getting a Divnine Might 2.0. All signs point to new equipment being side-grades, just like it was for years at 75. How in the world do you see it as impossible that the game will be what it was? Because leveling up jobs is trivial? Anyone who thinks that the magic of FFXI lies in endless exp. grinding are monkeys, plain and simple.

You are a monkey, plain and simple.
---
Cliff - Star Ocean
"Whoa, I'm not getting TOO strong, am I?