The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skilling up Magic

#1StickertorianPosted 5/3/2012 10:28:13 PM
So, I'm currently in the process of making an awesome BLM, loving the job, and it's a nice change for being asked to WHM in parties constantly lol. I was wondering what the best places were at around 280-300+ skill to cap Elemental, Dark and Enfeebling skills. I've been using Worms in Abyssea (La Theine) and using Seafood and BEW pitaru food. I'm sure this is probably the best place, but I was wondering what spells to use...

It seems casting some spells tend to raise the cap quicker, e.g. Dia1/2 was great for eff, than say posion/bind. I didn't realise until later on though >.>. Bio is working well for dark, not sure on elemental, but spamming Bliz V/IV has worked OKish.

My main question was do some spells work better than others? And if so, what are they? I think it's mainly elemental from my standpoint as Enfeebling is raising quickly with Dia.

FYI my elemental skill is 358, Dark 285, Effeb 289. (Elemental had a significant raise from doing those STUPID staff elemental trials.
---
Kweh.
#2Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 5/4/2012 12:04:28 AM
just go to besiged or just leech a abby pt cassting tire 1 spells thats how ppl get it done now :/
---
Animal Crossing City Folk FC: 4943-1040-9249 Character name:Oscar Town: Elmhurst
PM me your info too so I can add you as well.
#3ShadygrovePosted 5/4/2012 7:08:30 AM
Its hard to say what spells work the best. I have gotten skillups even on partially resisted spells. While the Elemental wheel shows Worms as weak to Wind, I never have seen an elemental related skillup differential.

T1s and the elemental enfeebles for Elemental because the targets last longer.

Bio works best for Dark simply because it is spamable, but use Drain and Aspir whenever they are up.

As to enfeebling magic, just use it all. I mean... its useless to Bind worms, but you can get skillups from doing it. Watch for any spell wearing and reapply.

And yes, you can spam Dia.
---
"Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." - Benito Mussolini
#4bungiefanPosted 5/4/2012 7:13:04 AM
Bio and Dia work so well because they can't miss. If a spell is resisted or doesn't cause an additional effect to land, it doesn't skill up. If a spell like Stone or Aero (not II, III+) does damage, you want to use it, weaker spells because they cast and recast faster and the mob doesn't die.
---
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.31.
#5rutsahl_Posted 5/4/2012 7:41:03 AM
easiest way is to just spam t1 nukes in an aby merit pt
#6Stickertorian(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 9:25:58 AM
bungiefan posted...
Bio and Dia work so well because they can't miss. If a spell is resisted or doesn't cause an additional effect to land, it doesn't skill up. If a spell like Stone or Aero (not II, III+) does damage, you want to use it, weaker spells because they cast and recast faster and the mob doesn't die.

Yeah that's what I thought. Lower tier spells work better obviously because of spam, been totally abusing this >.> lol.

It was just elemental really... some guy said that spammiong choke, drown etc was a good way. But I don't know if it's just the fact that the recast timers of these spells are shorter, and therefore seem like they skill up quicker. I don't know. Guess I'll carry on with staff trials then, should be capped after/before I finish >.>
---
Kweh.