This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Anybody Play Pazaak

#1PERSON_OF_DOOMPosted 1/30/2008 7:50:26 PM
I find it really boring and it doesn't pay out enough.

Swoop racing's where it's at.
---
Sig is in my quote.
#2Matt_E_PhillipsPosted 1/30/2008 8:46:13 PM
Sop hating on Pazaak. It's fun, damn it!

Swoop racing is frustrating, though.
---
You awaken, knowing it was but a dream.
#3IlluminaZer0Posted 1/30/2008 10:47:11 PM
Pazaak in KoToR 2 is much better. ;)
#4RabidMidget00Posted 1/30/2008 11:18:40 PM
I am convinced that the AI cheats at pazaak. There have been too many times that I have stood on a 19, only to have the computer get a 20, for it to be a coincidence.

And the rewards really aren't worth it. You have to spend a lot of credits just to build a good deck before you can start winning, so you have to win a ton of games just to break even.
#5IlluminaZer0Posted 1/30/2008 11:33:15 PM
IMO the rewards in KoToR 1 are worth it, however I also feel the computer cheats.

Regardless if the cards are "fixed" (too many "natural" 20s for it to be a coincidence), you are at a disadvantage by default as you always go first in KoToR 1.

~~

In KotoR 2 the game goes faster, the computer goes first every once in a while, and there is a larger variety in cards. ;)

Strangely enough, there also seem far less opportunities to play Pazaak in KoToR 2...
#6IlluminaZer0Posted 1/30/2008 11:33:56 PM
^^

Well... By "worth it" I mean the money you get out of it is good. If I meant "worth it" relative to real life time spent then HELL NO.

;)
#7PERSON_OF_DOOM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2008 5:11:39 AM
Yeah every other place I walk into has a guy wanting to play Pazaak in KOTOR.
---
Sig is in my quote.
#8RadjekPosted 1/31/2008 8:17:54 AM
I really like Pazaack. Granted, there are some glitches with some of the players, and the rewards aren't amazing (Suvam's discount is nice though...), but I find it to be a nice distraction during gameplay.

I do agree however, the game in not entirely fair in KotOR 1. Too many times I lost because the computer constantly gets twenty w/o using a hand card. KotOR 2 did seem to address these issues however.
#9Matt_E_PhillipsPosted 1/31/2008 12:35:52 PM
What the hell is up with that dude in the Lower City Cantina on Taris?

He ****ing cheats.
---
You awaken, knowing it was but a dream.
#10RabidMidget00Posted 1/31/2008 2:36:45 PM
It's too bad you can't get Zaalbar to play pazaak for you. Maybe the AI would not cheat then.

Han: Let him have it. It's not wise to upset a Wookiee.
C-3PO: But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid.
Han: That's cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees have been known to do that.
C-3PO: I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.