This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do two handed weapons (Like Ordo's Repeating Blaster) count as two weapons?

#1ZyeHatosuPosted 2/1/2009 5:57:11 AM
I'm wondering if I should bother giving Canderous two-weapon fighting or not. And if this is not the case then I just already wasted two two-weapon fighting feats on Bastila. D:
---
Evolution isn't perfect. If it were, we might have wings instead of wisdom teeth.
#2DelvisFreshleyPosted 2/1/2009 7:20:45 AM
well, double bladed lightsabers count for two weapon fighting, but i'm almost positive it doesn't affect rifles. don't take my word on that though
---
You don't make jokes about Disturbed. Disturbed IS the joke.
#3MagisterMagicaPosted 2/1/2009 8:02:16 AM
well, double bladed lightsabers count for two weapon fighting, but i'm almost positive it doesn't affect rifles. don't take my word on that though

Incorrect. In this game, the Double-Bladed Lightsaber is glitched so that it does not apply two handed penalties. You can use it without investing in the Two-Weapon Fighting Feat.

Rifles and Heavy Weapons do not count as two-handed weapons, either.
#4mark632Posted 2/1/2009 9:14:47 AM
To answer your direct question, no Two Weapon Fighting does not apply to rifles and heavy weapons. Two Weapon Fighting eliminates the attack penalty imposed when you have an off hand attack. Since rifles and heavy weapons do not have an off hand attack, there is no effect from Two Weapon Fighting.

However, you should give Canderous Two Weapon Fighting, because he is far more effective with two melee weapons than any rifle or heavy weapon in the game. The only reason to ever use heavy weapons is if you have the downloadable content (Yavin Station). Even then, Canderous is better served dual wielding the swords available at Yavin Station. If you don't have the dowloadable content, dual wielding Bacca's Ceremonial Blade (fully upgraded) and the Genoharadan Poison Blade is far more effective for Canderous than any ranged weapon.
#5DelvisFreshleyPosted 2/1/2009 5:07:13 PM
haven't played the original in a long while, i figured the double saber thing carried over into the sequel. my bad
---
#6fudrickPosted 2/1/2009 7:03:39 PM
Like mark said, Canderous is by far a better melee fighter than range fighter.
---
GH3 FCs: 29 Best: Rock You Like A Hurricane
Scorehero: fudrick XBL GT: fudrick43
More topics from this board...
Star Wars KOTOR Board FAQWill_12315002/28/2009