This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Original?

#1yankeefan03Posted 5/3/2009 2:58:40 PM
Why hasnt this turned into an Xbox Original yet? I was jw is this backwards compatible?
---
Number of times people complained on gamefaqs---334
X-Box Live Gamertag--GageIsLegend
#2Just_a_loserPosted 5/3/2009 3:00:07 PM
Yes, it is BC, but I don't recommend trying it. The 360 does a horrible job of playing this. Get a regular xbox for the full game experience.
---
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.
#3JamesJimmothyPosted 5/4/2009 2:19:38 AM
Why hasnt this turned into an Xbox Original yet?

In no way does that sentence make sense. At all.
Any game that was first made for the (first) black Xbox is an Xbox Original.....and this game was made for it, so it's an X.O.
#4mark632Posted 5/4/2009 6:20:50 AM
The question makes perfect sense, James.

XBox Originals is the brand name that Microsoft has given to last generation XBox games that it has made available for download on XBox Live Marketplace for the XBox360. See the official Microsoft webpages here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xboxoriginals/issues.htm.

Anyway, KOTOR is unlikely to become a XBox Original for two reasons:

(1) The Odyssey engine (used to make both KOTOR games) is rather unstable on the XBox360 and no one has a reasonable incentive to spend the money necessary to improve its performance.

(2) No LucasArts' owned properties have been released as XBox Originals to date.
#5OemeniaPosted 5/10/2009 5:32:57 AM
Shame really, Jade Empire runs like a charm an looks incredible on 360
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#6JamesJimmothyPosted 5/10/2009 12:20:18 PM
Technically Mark, Xbox originals is a term for a game because they're for the original xbox
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Arcacia Strain. Open to: Halo 3, L4D(pending)
Send a message with your tag so I know who to accept if you want to play.
#7gamelord2000Posted 5/10/2009 1:32:30 PM
I wouldn't say this ran HORRIBLE on 360. Just a few small problems along the way. There are parts of KOTOR II on 360 however, that are close to unplayable.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/ValkyrieMissle
XBL Gamertag- Valkyrie Missle
#8gokugohangotenPosted 5/12/2009 8:02:11 PM
James don't be ignorant. Mark politely corrected you and now you're just talking back. Xbox Originals are the proper name for Xbox games available for download on the Xbox 360 LIVE Marketplace. If he implied a standard xbox game, he would have said such. Instead, he used the proper name for a completely different product. You were wrong, don't argue >_>
---
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullcrap!
"If he gets us killed in here I'm going to kill him." - Wrex from ME.
#9JamesJimmothyPosted 5/13/2009 3:21:33 AM
I said technically, they can both be Xbox Originals, just I didn't know the difference at first.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Arcacia Strain. Open to: Halo 3, L4D(pending)
Send a message with your tag so I know who to accept if you want to play.
#10SihlenrocPosted 5/15/2009 11:16:00 AM
No. An Xbox Original, with a capitalized "O," is the official name for downloadable games.

An Xbox original, with a lowercase "o," however, is a game that is either unique and only for Xbox, or a game originally released on the Xbox.
---
This sig is not a sig; it is a warp in the time-space continuum that cannot be closed until the people of the world stop being such idiots. So, never.