This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scout/Guardian Build

#1Uzamaki117Posted 11/13/2009 9:01:56 AM
I've decided to do a solo game on Normal, I probably never will on Difficult because that requires sneak attacks or using a lot of items and such which kind of makes the game less fun in my opinion. But there is a certain Build I am planning on making and I want to see if you guys think it's good or not.

Class: Scout/Guardian
Light or Dark: Dark
Attributes
Strength - 18
Dexterity - 10
Constitution - 12/14
Intelligence - 8
Wisdom - 12/14
Charisma - 10

I'm not really sure if Wisdom should be 14 or Constitution should.

For increasing my Attributes in levels this is my plan

Lv.4 - Strength
Lv.8 - Strength
Lv.12 - Strength
Lv.16 - Strength
Lv.20 - ???

Feats I plan to use are basicly Flurry, Lightsaber Specialization, Implants, Two Weapon Fighting, Conditioning and if enough feats are left over Toughness.

Force Powers will most likely just be anything that is not restricted by Armour.

Main equipment is basicly CNS Strength Enhacer Belt, the gloves that give +5 Strength, Cassus Fetts Armour Fuly Upgraded (14 Def, +1 Strength), Two Red Lightsabers.

Unsure about the Crystals, probably just use the ones I find along the way that give the most damage.
#2Uzamaki117(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2009 9:38:45 AM
Sorry for the double post but I was thinking and I considerd doing this for my build.

Attributes
Strength - 18
Dexterity - 10
Constitution - 15
Intelligence - 8
Wisdom - 10
Charisma - 10

I'm not really sure if Wisdom should be 14 or Constitution should.

For increasing my Attributes in levels this is my plan

Lv.4 - Strength
Lv.8 - Strength
Lv.12 - Strength
Lv.16 - Strength
Lv.20 - Constitution
#3dronemcPosted 11/13/2009 9:58:38 AM
You'll want your strength to finish off on an odd number, as the Dominator Gauntlets provide a +5 bonus, which will round it off without wasting the additional point.

You scenario above would, for example, result in a final natural strength score of 22. Add the Dominator G's and that's 27, for a +8 bonus. However, if you only sink 3 level up points into Strength, you'll get a final natural 21, raised to 26 with the DG's, still for the same +8 bonus. You can then use that 1 point from levelling somewhere else with no ill effect your strengh bonus.

If you plan on using both the DG's and Knight or Master Valor, however, you'll need an even natural strength score to get the most value out of the boost to strength, since both the DG's and those two levels of Valor add odd numbers to your attributes.

---
And now we meet in an abandoned studio. We hear the playback and it seems so long ago.
And you remember jingles used to go....
#4dronemcPosted 11/13/2009 10:09:06 AM
Oops, didn't see Cassus Fett's armor in your plan there. It just functions to round off the Dominator Gauntlets, so yeah, a natural 22 is fine for your Strength. Unless you use valor....

Anyway, I'm sure you get the concept of ensuring that your final "battle active" strength score is an even number.

Might I ask why you're set on Cassus Fett's armor? I generally prefer Calo Nord's, as I find the immunities to crits and mind affecting powers far more useful than an additional point of defense and strength. With your setup, you can still get those effects (From the Retinal Combat Implant and the Sith Mask), I think there are probably better ways to use those equipment slots (Cardio Power System and...probably the Verpine Headand will be more useful than the Combat Sensor, given your non-focus on Dexterity).

Also be advised that, starting as a scout, you'll have to spend a feat on Heavy Armor proficiency to do all this.

---
And now we meet in an abandoned studio. We hear the playback and it seems so long ago.
#5Uzamaki117(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2009 10:26:55 AM
I prefer Cassus's Armour because it gives more Def and Strength.

I can find Calo Nords armour effects elsewhere, but I had forgot about buying heavy feat for scout, I was doing scout because I would of goten one extra feat but when I also want heavy armour it would make it so at level 8 I get the same amount from scout and soldier so I'll probably switch to soldier.

However my Dex is at 10 because Cassus Armour has a max dex bonus of 0 so dexterity higher than 10 would not help def, it would not help skill with a lightsaber either because my strength would be much higher so it would be handleing the sabers accuracy and not Dexterity.

However I am still deciding what to do with Con and Wis, should I leave one at 12 and the other at 14 or should I do one at 15 and the other at 10?

But also either way I'm still wondering which should be higher.

I'm thinking 15 Con, 10 Wis since in armour I won't use the force so much and being solo I will take a lot of damage and the odd number con will allow me to round it up to 16 with my level 20 attribute.
#6dronemcPosted 11/13/2009 12:25:10 PM
With the "Hulk smash!" build you're doing, you're basically using the force to solely heal. Given that, Con. 15/Wis 10.

I know you like Cassus Fett's armor, but allow me to make the case for Calo Nord's.

With this build, you're looking at the following setup with Cassus Fett's Armor:

Str 22 (30 w/ gear)
Con 16
Defense: 30 (10 + 14 armor + 6 jedi defense)
VP 260 (200 Sol/Guar levels + 60 Con bonus) you'll get more from toughness, but those apply equally to either iteration I'm going to put forward.
Immunity Critical Hits - Retinal Combat Implant
Immunity Mind Affecting - Sith Mask

Here's how things look w/ Calo Nord's Armor
Str 21 (28 w/ gear)
Con 16 (20 w/gear)
Defense 29 (10 + 13 armor + 1 dex from the Combat Sensor + 6 jedi defense)
VP 300 (200 levels + 100 from Con bonus)
Immunity to Crits and Mind affecting from Armor.
+4 Con from Cardio Power system
+1 Dex from Combat Sensor

You're essentially trading 1 point each from your defense and strength bonus for 40 points of vitality, a +2 bonus to your Fortitude saves and a free attribute point to play with somewhere. Your build's battle plan is to be able to absorb as many hits as possible while dealing out weapon damage. You won't miss the marginal difference in your defense or strength bonus, and you'll get a substantial increase in vitality and ability to resist the Life Drain powers that dark Jedi love to use on you in this game.

The Sith Mask is a useful piece for the right setup, but it isn't even saving you a feat with your build, as you have to actually take Weapon Focus: Lightsaber as a prerequisite to take Weapon Specialization: Lightsaber. The FP regeneration bonus it provides is even less useful to you than it normally is, as you're effectively forsaking the force as a useful combat tool as an armored Jedi with Wis and Cha that low.

You might even consider leaving one of Wisdom or Charisma at 8, starting your Con. at 16, and getting it up to 18 natural (22 w/ Cardio Power Implant) to even further boost your vitality.

If you want to use Cassus Fett's armor, though, knock yourself out. Those are just my thoughts on the matter.

---
#7dronemcPosted 11/13/2009 12:26:14 PM
That's a "+2 Dex" from the combat sensor, btw, resulting in a +1 dex bonus. Stupid fingers hitting wrong keys...

---
#8UnforseenactionPosted 11/14/2009 8:32:43 PM
I would have put the 18 on dex vs str. Sure it is less damage but it is the same attack but you also get more AC.

But that is me, to each their own.
#9dronemcPosted 11/15/2009 1:53:56 PM
Except that if he's using either of the armors we discussed, he'll never be able to add more than +1 of his dex bonus to defense. In a heavy armor build, the value of dexterity is severely compromised.

---
#10UnforseenactionPosted 11/15/2009 7:40:34 PM
Using heavy armor is a waste of a feat. The robes at the end game are better anyway. Sure, if you use heavy armor getting a low dex is best. BUT the pluses the smaller armor give I think are better. Plus a lot of the good powers can't be used with armor on anyway. So what is he going to do? Cast the force, put on his armor, take it back off to cast again? Eh Dex > Str in this game. Or at least I think so.
More topics from this board...
Star Wars KOTOR Board FAQWill_12315002/28/2009