This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about making a blaster Jedi

#1SgtFoleyPosted 2/27/2010 8:19:40 AM
I haven't played through this in a while and I feel like making a blaster Jedi. I did it a while back with pistols (before I got the DLC), and that was fun. I seem to remember reading that the best blaster weapon is a repeater that you can get on Yavin station. Is that right? If that's the case, then I'd playthrough with heavy weapons until I got that. Oh wait I meant Canderous's Repeater until I got the good crap from Yavin.
#2mark632Posted 2/27/2010 10:06:55 AM
*** Minor Spoilers ***

Yes, that is correct. The weapon with the highest damage range in the entire game is the Baragwin Heavy Repeater (available at Yavin Station after you have collected all of the Star Maps). The next best ranged weapon is the Baragwin Assault Gun (also a Heavy Weapon), which is available at Yavin Station after collecting two Star Maps (after Dantooine). The "hard part" is slogging through your first two Star Map planets with Ordo's Heavy Repeater (because it is a pretty mediocre weapon). When I followed the Heavy Weapons Jedi build, I completed Kashyyyk and Manaan first because they are slightly easier than Tatooine and Korriban.

If you are really interested in going all out with Heavy Weapons, go lightside and build Juhani as a Heavy Weapons user as well. If you buy the Baragwin Assault Gun as soon as it is available, then a second Baragwin Assault Gun will be available when you return to buy the Baragwin Heavy Repeater (the Yavin Station inventory restocks prior items every time that it updates). Accordingly, buy the Baragwin Heavy Repeater and a second Baragwin Assault Gun. Now give Juhani and Canderous the two Baragwin Assault Guns and use the Baragwin Heavy Repeater yourself. (Note this is the only time I recommend using Canderous as a ranged fighter. However, you can still use him as a melee fighter until you are ready to create the all Heavy Weapons party (since Canderous starts with the statistics necessary to use Heavy Weapons effectively).) Jolee would be a great choice for this party if he received more feats over the course of the game.

This was the easiest run I've ever had through the Star Forge. The Sith ambushes are massacred before any of them can reach melee range. This also stops the party member AI from rushing toward the oncoming Sith, which is what triggers the flanking ambushes that actually make the Star Forge a little difficult.
#3it_r_over9000Posted 2/27/2010 12:19:21 PM
I was thinking of using Canderous as a melee fighter and using like HK-47 as my ranged fighter just because I always used to go through with Jolee and Juhani in my group. Also, if I go this route, what would be the best starter class? My guess would be scoundrel for the sneak attack bonus but I'm
not sure.

I also just realized that I created this topic with my alt account lol.
---
"Sorry is you don't my jokes funny"- grammar fail from some random GFAQS user
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKUkwh8TmM0
#4SihlenrocPosted 2/27/2010 12:59:06 PM
Scoundrel gets very few feats, though, so you'll likely have to abandon getting any Heavy Weapons training beyond the basics.
---
This sig is not a sig; it is a warp in the time-space continuum that cannot be closed until the people of the world stop being such idiots. So, never.
#5SgtFoley(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2010 1:58:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6it_r_over9000Posted 2/27/2010 2:00:04 PM
So I guess soldier would be the best then. What would be a recommended level to be when I obtain Jedi status? I think I went with 7 levels of scoundrel and 13 levels of Consular on my pistol Jedi play through.
---
#7SihlenrocPosted 2/27/2010 2:58:39 PM
What Jedi are you planning on? If Consular, I suggest never going above level 7, because you'll miss out on an extra two powers, but if it's Guardian or Sentinel, level 8 would probably work just fine with a Soldier.
---
This sig is not a sig; it is a warp in the time-space continuum that cannot be closed until the people of the world stop being such idiots. So, never.
#8it_r_over9000Posted 2/27/2010 3:02:47 PM
I would most likely be going Consular. The only other thing I would consider is Guardian just for the extra feats, but Consular would let me use the Insanity tree or Stasis Field tree effectively and would let me gun people down without having to worry about them getting close. And of course I could use the other powers as well.
---
#9SihlenrocPosted 2/27/2010 8:43:57 PM
Well then, to get the best of both worlds from a Soldier/Consular character, switch at level 7.
---
#10it_r_over9000Posted 2/27/2010 10:22:14 PM
OK so 7/13 Soldier/Consular. I guess all I need to do now is start and pick my starting stats. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.
---
More topics from this board...
Star Wars KOTOR Board FAQWill_12315002/28/2009