This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360 Backward Compatibility Issues?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  3. 360 Backward Compatibility Issues?
5 years ago#1
So i bought KOTOR 1 & 2 & tried putting them in my 360 & I got the error saying that it's not compatible, to go to version 1.0 as an update may be available. Sure enough I check the backwards compatibility list & both games are there. So I downloaded the (most recent?) update, put it on a flash drive, put it in the USB, it automatically updated, prompting me to "select yes" & i did. So, it installs, resets the console & still won't play either game. The xbox no longer reads the files on the USB or even DVD (I tried it again) so what am I supposed to do now? I don't have XBOX live, nor do I intend to get it. Any suggestions? This did work on the same console once, prior to a format of the system & HDD. Should I be downloading an older update or something? If so, where could I find that?
The Raging Demon: It is not my Fists but your Past Sins that will kill you!!
PSN: Darth-Griever
5 years ago#2
my suggestion is you get xbox live, im playing kotor right now on my 360, you need the xbox live updates to be able to play the game
current gen failure rate: playstation 3: 10.6 nintendo wii: 6.8 xbox 360: 54.2!!!!!!!
5 years ago#3
Personally when I played both Kotor games on the 360, it lagged terribly. I don't know if it's been fixed, but it was almost unplayable. Good luck.
Nothing to say. Seriously. Really, you can stop reading. Please?
5 years ago#4
I only really played KOTOR on my 360 but I never noticed any problems. The game had plenty of lag and stuff on my normal XBOX so maybe I just never noticed if it was worse.
5 years ago#5
had the same issue with morrowind-

there is an update that you need to download to play backwards compatible games.

- although i have a real problem plaing this game because of the quailty when compared to 360/ps3 games, i would REALLY like to see them revamp it for the 360.

i'm not big on jedis, but bieng able to make your char a scoundrel/blaster fighter for the part i did play at least let me mimick the bad assery of han solo that i would want to play this game if it was updated.

im not a graphics whore- but the whole feel of the game just seems lackluster for what it is-

i never had a problem going back to justice league heroes for the xbox or other 2p games. just for 1p games i would rather play something completely "retro" (i'm acutally playing phantasy star 2 now too) or something current gen than something that might very well be a classic, but its just kind of "in between".

hey give it a few years, maybe when kotor collects some dust and becomes further outdated it'll have that retro feel to it for me.
5 years ago#6
For me no matter which update I downloaded, it only worked for a game-specific patch which I was prompted to install when the game was put in.
Whee O_o
5 years ago#7
I just bought KotOR off eBay and it plays.
Granted, it lags like a monster sometimes and teleports me hundreds of yards away if I try to do anything too horrid (Plasma Grenade target in front of me, have multiple Force Powers going at once, etc.)
But, y'know, I can play it.
Don't know what your problem is, OP. Maybe the disc is damaged?
Give me a minute to change your mind. Give me a bullet to change your life.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  3. 360 Backward Compatibility Issues?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived