This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360 Backward Compatibility Issues?

#1Darth_HavokPosted 6/14/2010 4:57:36 PM
So i bought KOTOR 1 & 2 & tried putting them in my 360 & I got the error saying that it's not compatible, to go to xbox.com/games version 1.0 as an update may be available. Sure enough I check the backwards compatibility list & both games are there. So I downloaded the (most recent?) update, put it on a flash drive, put it in the USB, it automatically updated, prompting me to "select yes" & i did. So, it installs, resets the console & still won't play either game. The xbox no longer reads the files on the USB or even DVD (I tried it again) so what am I supposed to do now? I don't have XBOX live, nor do I intend to get it. Any suggestions? This did work on the same console once, prior to a format of the system & HDD. Should I be downloading an older update or something? If so, where could I find that?
---
The Raging Demon: It is not my Fists but your Past Sins that will kill you!!
PSN: Darth-Griever
#2hardemanPosted 6/15/2010 1:17:53 PM
my suggestion is you get xbox live, im playing kotor right now on my 360, you need the xbox live updates to be able to play the game
---
current gen failure rate: playstation 3: 10.6 nintendo wii: 6.8 xbox 360: 54.2!!!!!!!
#3A_Super_ElitePosted 6/15/2010 2:48:04 PM
Personally when I played both Kotor games on the 360, it lagged terribly. I don't know if it's been fixed, but it was almost unplayable. Good luck.
---
Nothing to say. Seriously. Really, you can stop reading. Please?
#4FraustPosted 6/16/2010 4:15:47 AM
I only really played KOTOR on my 360 but I never noticed any problems. The game had plenty of lag and stuff on my normal XBOX so maybe I just never noticed if it was worse.
#5blutoblutarskyXPosted 6/17/2010 8:26:51 AM
had the same issue with morrowind-

there is an update that you need to download to play backwards compatible games.

- although i have a real problem plaing this game because of the quailty when compared to 360/ps3 games, i would REALLY like to see them revamp it for the 360.

i'm not big on jedis, but bieng able to make your char a scoundrel/blaster fighter for the part i did play at least let me mimick the bad assery of han solo that i would want to play this game if it was updated.

im not a graphics whore- but the whole feel of the game just seems lackluster for what it is-

i never had a problem going back to justice league heroes for the xbox or other 2p games. just for 1p games i would rather play something completely "retro" (i'm acutally playing phantasy star 2 now too) or something current gen than something that might very well be a classic, but its just kind of "in between".

hey give it a few years, maybe when kotor collects some dust and becomes further outdated it'll have that retro feel to it for me.
#6sayhowPosted 6/18/2010 3:07:41 PM
For me no matter which update I downloaded, it only worked for a game-specific patch which I was prompted to install when the game was put in.
---
Whee O_o
#7Iceburg116Posted 6/27/2010 6:45:04 PM
I just bought KotOR off eBay and it plays.
Granted, it lags like a monster sometimes and teleports me hundreds of yards away if I try to do anything too horrid (Plasma Grenade target in front of me, have multiple Force Powers going at once, etc.)
But, y'know, I can play it.
Don't know what your problem is, OP. Maybe the disc is damaged?
---
Give me a minute to change your mind. Give me a bullet to change your life.
More topics from this board...
Star Wars KOTOR Board FAQWill_12315002/28/2009