This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC or Xbox?

#1Resisting94Posted 12/9/2010 8:08:11 PM
Which is better i have it for xbox and am deceiding weather or not to get it for PC is it worth it?
---
Death to the selkath race!
#2connzeePosted 12/10/2010 6:58:48 PM
Xbox runs smoother and has better graphics.
#3Carribean_CoolPosted 12/11/2010 6:41:30 PM
Get both. It's cool the see the differences, and they're both cheap now. Xbox does look and run better. PC has mods which are cool as well
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#4bennzymePosted 12/17/2010 9:58:22 AM
What are you two talking about? The Xbox version looks and plays like crap compared to the PC version.
---
Sir, it's not necessary or wise to be naked. Pfft. You sound just like my tennis instructor.
http://oi51.tinypic.com/315y446.jpg
#5Captain_SorzoPosted 12/17/2010 9:16:45 PM
"The Xbox version looks and plays like crap compared to the PC version."

Stop playing it on a 360.
---
Hallelujah! We're redeemed and made free; by the blood of the Lamb we have won. Hallelujah! We will sing victory: Jesus conquered the grave. God be praised!
#6cifer520Posted 12/17/2010 9:25:41 PM
What difference does that make? I'm not arguing, just curious as I've been playing it on my 360. Though I never really saw it play on an OG box, just a glimpse of it at my friend's how so many years ago.
#7cifer520Posted 12/17/2010 9:26:05 PM
how = house*
#8bennzymePosted 12/17/2010 11:11:47 PM

"The Xbox version looks and plays like crap compared to the PC version."

Stop playing it on a 360.

I never have. Are you playing on a crap comp? Hell, it's not like It's hard to max kotor these days. Play kotor with all settings on high, on a decent PC, and you will notice that the PC version looks and runs much better.
---
Sir, it's not necessary or wise to be naked. Pfft. You sound just like my tennis instructor.
http://oi51.tinypic.com/315y446.jpg
#9Emeraldas_FanPosted 12/18/2010 1:20:25 AM
Well, first of all, this game does indeed stink on the XBOX 360. In fact, that's why I actually tracked down an original XBOX a few months back.

I'd hung onto KOTOR all this time, and when I got the itch to play it again this past year? Well, my frustration with glitchy cutscenes, stuttering dialogue, and game freezes caused me to give up on playing the game on the 360. (Shame on Microsoft for not making the 360 truly backward compatible.)

Anyway, I've also played this on PC. However...

If you're using Vista or Windows 7, you might as well track down an original XBOX.

I mean, maybe there are game fixes. But without them, the PC version will crash repeatedly, and there doesn't seem to be a way to fit the KOTOR screen to 4:3. Instead, it stretches the screen out to 16:9, which makes everyone look like they're staring into a funhouse mirror.
#10mindoftwomoronsPosted 12/19/2010 12:37:52 PM
Well, mods and cheats make the PC version superior in a way, but as far as gameplay goes their pretty much the same. I've played the game dozens of times both PC and xbox and the only real difference was

-The mouse made navigating menus easier
-PC version comes with Yavin Station included where as Xbox had it as free DLC(though with original Xbox live servers shut down it's impossible to get if you didn't have it already. I'm not even sure if it can be properly validated any more.)

So both versions are fine, and in the end it's just a matter of preference, unless you want to use mods in which case your choice is already made.
---
||DS||PSP||PC||360(Kinect)||NES||Wii||PS3(Move)||GBA||N64||XBOX||PS2||GEN||~||Live||PSN||WFC||OnLive||
More topics from this board...
Star Wars KOTOR Board FAQWill_12315002/28/2009