Finally got 100% and all platinums

#1red_latias77Posted 2/4/2012 3:08:57 AM
Story mode on hard was difficult, but not too bad. The hardest level was probably Atom Smasher - so much harder than Robot Factory because of the time limit.

Some of the platinums were near impossible, though. Top Shot (the first elimination match on Hangar, Platinum = 1 min 10 secs) and Dam Bursters (shooting the monkeys from the dam, Plat = 9000 points) were probably the hardest. Silent but Deadly was pretty hard too (the stealth mission on Siberia... a platinum is completing it without being seen in 40 seconds). Finally, Fight Off the Living Dead's (the first zombie challenge on Compound) plat requirement is 140,000!
---
~red_latias77 // NP:
Saki Amamiya for SSB4! -- www.last.fm/user/GizmoLico
#2ShadowMario3Posted 2/9/2012 11:22:23 AM
Top Shot was definitely the hardest Platinum for me. I found Robot Factory harder than Atom Smasher on Hard due to the the Sentrybots at the end. It has been ages since I have played the game. Pretty much stopped ever since I got 100% with all Platinums and all 58 Arcade Awards.
#3KrudmuffinsPosted 3/10/2012 8:30:50 PM
Man, this game on Hard mode.
I remember when games were difficult, those were the days....

But anyway, yeah, I hold beating TS2 Hard Mode Story as one of my notable gaming accomplishments. I only tried hard enough to get all gold in those arcade events, but even that was pretty tough from what I remember.

Its been awhile, but I remember the Robot Factory level being way more difficult than Atom Smasher. There's just such little room for error... and it gets capped off with that boss fight where things can go so wrong for no predictable reason.
---
I dislike my username.
#4Vara_samaPosted 3/28/2012 5:05:54 PM
All I have pending on this game is finishing it on Hard (so I can unlock Site) but my disk seems to be damaged because I get error disc a lot of times, so I guess I'll get another copy...

I have at least a Gold Medal in all leagues and challenges, except 2 challenges (Dam Bursters and Monkey Mayhem), where I only have a Silver Medal.
---
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
#5SinisterSandmanPosted 4/27/2012 11:48:39 AM
Literally did the Monkey Mayhem today, and finally unlocked Lola Varuska!

The R-109 Rocket Launcher one is killing me though. It's the only Silver I have left.
---
Gum-Gum Gummi Ship: Blueprint Active!
"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Let's have some fun!"
#6OliviaTremorPosted 5/2/2012 7:41:18 PM
Got all gold and 100%d the game, if I still had a copy of the game I'd go for plat. Congrats man!

And as for the hardest story mode level on hard mode, it's gotta be Siberia. Atom Smasher didn't take me too long, and Robot Factor wasn't so much difficult as it was time consuming. I probably spent 5 hours straight playing it to beat it, and that includes maybe 1 death. I was meticulous. But Siberia on hard? That's probably the best example of a brick wall of difficulty in gaming ever.

Also, Notre Dame took me about 3 months to beat (on and off playing naturally) because I kept dying on the golem. The level is super easy but for whatever reason I never made the connection that shooting the golem in the head does more damage (embarassing to admit).
---
Notyou
#7red_latias77(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 2:18:45 PM
ShadowMario3 posted...
Top Shot was definitely the hardest Platinum for me. I found Robot Factory harder than Atom Smasher on Hard due to the the Sentrybots at the end. It has been ages since I have played the game. Pretty much stopped ever since I got 100% with all Platinums and all 58 Arcade Awards.

I've only got about 39 of the Arcade Awards, I think. I gave up on getting them after seeing how difficult some of them are to get.

SinisterSandman posted...
Literally did the Monkey Mayhem today, and finally unlocked Lola Varuska!

The R-109 Rocket Launcher one is killing me though. It's the only Silver I have left.

Yeah, I remember the first time I played through the game, that was my last gold too. Definitely the hardest gold there is.

OliviaTremor posted...
And as for the hardest story mode level on hard mode, it's gotta be Siberia. Atom Smasher didn't take me too long, and Robot Factor wasn't so much difficult as it was time consuming. I probably spent 5 hours straight playing it to beat it, and that includes maybe 1 death. I was meticulous. But Siberia on hard? That's probably the best example of a brick wall of difficulty in gaming ever.

Come to think of it, actually, I think I agree. It never occurred to me, though, because Siberia's also my favourite level - Atom Smasher's definitely more frustrating to beat, though, because of the time limit. Still, I forgot how many times I died to that first sniper on Siberia before I finally beat it...
---
~red_latias77 // NP: Phoenix Wright: T&T (DS), Crash Bandicoot (PS), Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS)