Blurry issues

#1CarnaliaBarcusPosted 12/6/2010 10:23:26 AM
I'm just replaying this for the first time in maybe four years. I wanted to replay it prior to playing Red Dead Redemption (and for some reason it's taken me 6 months or whatever to get around to it, lol--actually the zombie Redemption offshoot prodded me to finally get to work on it, as I'm anxious to play that, but I want to do them all in order).

The first time I played it on an old "phat" PS2 and a older-style, non-HD TV. I'm replaying it now on a year-old slim PS2 (my old PS2 died, which is why I got a PS3, and then some PS2 games weren't working well on it, so I got a new PS2 finally last January) on an HDTV via a component cable.

I know this game was made to look like you're watching an old western film. There are intentional lines made to look like film scratches, etc.

However, I sure as heck do not remember the game being this blurry before, and when I look at PS2 screenshots from the game online, they're not nearly as blurry as the image I've got on my TV. The image I have makes the game look like you're watching a 3D film without 3D glasses on. It's hard to play it, as it's hard to see the enemies well.

Anyone have any ideas for solving this problem?
#2CarnaliaBarcus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2010 10:27:58 AM
I forgot to mention that so far (although out of only maybe 15 PS2 games I've tried so far on my slim), this is the ONLY game that I'm having blurriness issues with.
#3NemyarPosted 12/6/2010 5:42:24 PM
These distortions are intentional as there are in-game cheat for removing these blurriness.

Complete the "End of the Line" level bounty hunter mission in order to unlock No Distortion cheat.
#4CarnaliaBarcus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2010 11:10:54 AM
Nemyar, thanks for answering, but it doesn't really seem like you read my first post.
#5ender2009Posted 12/17/2010 1:47:38 PM
CarnaliaBarcus posted...
Nemyar, thanks for answering, but it doesn't really seem like you read my first post.

There is no reason to play this before RDR. Just skip to that.
#6-Dark_Palladin-Posted 12/18/2010 7:29:29 PM

ender2009 posted...
CarnaliaBarcus posted...

There is no reason to play this before RDR. Just skip to that.

Calm down.