This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Asura monk stat build

#1noble bananaPosted 7/26/2011 5:31:34 AM
What stat build should I use? What I basically know is to get 99 DEX, I don't know about the others like should I put no INT high STR or high INT low STR, STR/DEX/VIT?
---
GRANFALOON ROCKS!!!!
#2ignasia7Posted 7/26/2011 3:18:37 PM
As a monk...99 Dex? I'd say no, go for 120-130 Dex total with boosts/cards/gear, 70 Str, 60 Int is a good start. Or switch the str and int around. The problem with 99 Dex is you gimp completely your damage. You're no good. You have to remember one thing about Asura Monks. They don't do anywhere near as well on the real servers, mostly due to the lack of accessible and cheap SP healing items (like specialized item sellers that sell Grape Juice or Bherbs on the cheap). That and due to drop rates, you won't be getting anywhere near the supply necessary for continual Asura spamming, which is the only effective way to MVP as an Asura Monk. You'll be spamming like no other.

Then you have to take into account the weapon. While the Eden weapon is ok, you really want a Stunner 2s to start with, and down the road, +10 or higher Mace 4s. With recent MVP boosts, you're even more gimped.

I highly, HIGHLY suggest forgoing this for a combo monk instead, get the gear and items needed, then when you can trans, make your Champion an Asura or Spiritual build (another name for Asura + Sphere Throw focus, where you Sphere throw everything save when you need to Asura, and you Occult Impact the high defense things...though OI is nowhere near as useful as it once was....sob, I miss one-shotting turtles).

Really though, pick a class, stick with it, max out gears, then move to another class. The only other exception should be when you need support builds on another account, like a buff slave priest, a slave bard, a slave soul linker, or a slave sage.
---
Campaign for XB/TLS/PT in US: http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/
PSO2 = Sexy Awesome Beast of a Game!
#3noble banana(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 5:22:27 AM(edited)
I'm currently only a knight on an official server, but I can easily play multi characters in a private server, I play on a normal stat/skill ruled game so I can test characters.

I tried a 80STR/50VIT/99DEX monk on Ghast Heim, and they %*$# him thoroughly, he just dissolves.

So, is a no VIT build okay on PvP since I need to exchange it for INT?

I'd like to keep it a no cards/food talk since I know cards only drop at 0.02%, it's %&*#(@!& low. I'd to forget about rares at this point.

I know it's 120 that's needed assuming the character got rares. My 99 is just the base DEX.

How about stat distribution? I think I should get DEX first for casting speed then INT, then STR last since I can rely on weapon early on.
---
GRANFALOON ROCKS!!!!
#4ignasia7Posted 7/27/2011 7:46:56 AM
PVP builds, all depends, some people like getting in 20-30 vit and sacrificing some int. As an asura monk, I don't, as a champ I still don't, as I never build asura for PVP, as you're looking at a more purist spirit build, where you're focusing more on OI and ST as your main attacks.

Shame they added in that forced timer after snap, but then it was a bit unfair to snap + asura on the spot, even though the cost to recharge and keep it going is pretty huge.

I know what you meant by 99 as the base dex. However, those last 9 points going to 99 equate to about 40 points starting from 1, in another stat. So if you can manage to squeeze out anywhere from 9 to 6 points, and get 90 to 93 base dex, you have room for more int or str to boost damage. Especially useful when Int now counts towards cast time reduction.

Stat distribution? I usually go 30 dex, 20 int, 20 str, 50 dex, 30 int, 60 dex, 40 int, 30 str, 90 dex, then from there it doesn't matter so long as the end stats fit the final build.
---
#5noble banana(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 8:08:33 PM
I tested STR/INT/DEX. Looks like it don't work nicely on high level dungeons, the server I tested it one can cancel ST. I used STR66/AGI80/90DEX, and it was an AGI type that utilizes normal attacks crud... It does 16000 Asura cardless.
---
GRANFALOON ROCKS!!!!
#6ignasia7Posted 7/27/2011 9:03:31 PM
Asura builds are not effective in dungeons. What you're going for with that is either pure MVPing, or using OI and Sphere Throw as your damage output. OI is probably the only really effective method. And using your Int to help you heal. It's a hard go if you want to be a real asura monk/champ. Really, the build is meant to be done with gears already in place, unless you have competition for MVPs, or you have a guild that will let you MVP with them on your new Monk, or you can party with at all times.

Sad to say, but that is the reality. Even just having all the right shield cards isn't enough anymore.
---
#7noble banana(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 6:40:08 AM
Oh, I see, even with shield cards? Holy #&%*!. Even if we got it with a Raydric card, a common lv90+ enemy gives 1000 dmg and 500 for those who flock at you quickly. I guess I'll just stick to PvM. But the hope is, getting a lv140+ character, that way I can be STR/AGI/DEX and later add VIT/INT.
---
GRANFALOON ROCKS!!!!
#8ignasia7Posted 7/28/2011 10:23:52 AM
With Shield + Ray + at least +7 gear, and around 240 or higher natural defense, you should be ok. It's just knowing which enemies have psuedo-high defense, having the right carded chain for it (or stunner if you can afford it), making sure the map is relatively safe and lacking in low defense, high atk, fast attacking, aggros (or at least has slow moving aggros and again, few). I mean, turtle island is still a decent leveling spot for a spirit build. The thing is, almost everyone I've spoken to has said you have to start your monk as a combo build first, get gears in prep, especially weapons, plan out where you'll level, and use Trifecta until you can get OI, then use OI as your leveling tool, and if you have a guild that can MVP, use that for excess exp.

Or, if you're lucky and you're already fully geared (if you have an priest at 3rd, you should already have all the defensive gear you'll ever require), then you can likely solo.

Of course you can also reset stats and skills, and just go balls into Champ as a combo build, still getting gears.

It's still a fun build to play.
---
#9noble banana(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 12:26:39 PM
What is natural defense? Is it VIT DEF? I know VIT DEF is only 180 at 120 VIT. I'm about to start getting slotted equips and cards. What would I do? Hunt for them? Buy them(they cost *&%#@&$ millions)? I don't mind buying the cards or slotted equips with real money but I've checked that there's no slotted buckler and muffler for monks.

I currently got a lv83 knight.
---
GRANFALOON ROCKS!!!!
#10ignasia7Posted 7/28/2011 8:01:54 PM
Sorry, wrong term, I meant armour defense. Natural would definitely refer to status or vit/agi defense.

Just keep up with the Knight then. Ignore getting anything for your future Sura for awhile yet.

I would just work on getting Knight cards and gear. What I usually do is I spend time here and there, between levels, going after cards. In particular shield cards. When you hit 90 Lord Knight you can consider going after Raydric, but for now Harpy is the best card to use in that slot. Down the road as an RK, you can work on universal gear, like Vallk Shields, Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb, accessories like slotted Rosaries (best cheap accessory in the game with a slot given the Mdef though if you can get an Orlean's Glove, you'll find that one useful for all classes). Then you can consider certain armours, and when it comes to armour cards, it really depends on your character and build anyway. Like Lifeline + PecoPeco would be best for Knights/Sader types. Or you can get universal armours with elemental cards, like Glittering Jackets.

Don't worry too much about buying. What you should save up for are your main skill weapons as an LK/RK. So for clashing as a spear, Hunting or Cardo (I prefer Hunting to gear up with a shield, but Cardo adds a butt-ton of damage that is highly useful early on in RK training). Or if you want 2h, Kris or an Atlus, though overall spear is best when using Clashing Spiral.

The reason I say this is, many of the specialized gears will be different for both, so until you can afford to get more general gears with cards (the ones mentioned above), it's foolish to spread the love around. YOu'll just slow yourself down considerably in your killing potential and future buying potential. I suggest you make a merchant to just sell stuff and vend for you. Then run him in the background when you're not playing normally, and can come back to some vended merchanise and increased zenny.

Everything costs, but in the end, due to the prices you can sell it, it eventually evens out. Just keep at it, but focus on one first. When you can mvp or take out mobs with good drops easily, then you can start farming and selling to make money, or farming for your own gear needs.
---