^^The GT4 FAQ to all your questions^^

#1Nemesis_LionPosted 7/10/2006 10:34:51 AMmessage detail
Don’t post until I’m done

The GT4 FAQ

Don’t know about something in this game? Then this thread is directed to you! Here we cover the most common questions that are asked on the GT4 Board.

We are going to separate this by categories. The categories will be: A-Spec, B-Spec, licenses, starting the game, records, races, cars, drifting, common terms, glitches and miscellaneous.

______________A-Spec Questions______________

Q. What is the meaning of A-Spec points?
A. A-Spec points tell you how difficult a race is going to be. The points range in races from 1 point (easiest), to 200 points (hardest); and the missions have a fixed amount of 250 points, no matter how easy or difficult the mission is. An A-Spec race for 60 points is a race where all the cars have equal mechanical characteristics.

Q. Can you trade A-Spec points?
A. No. Basically A-Spec points can only be used as “bragging rights”.

Q. What are the things that affect A-Spec points?
A. There are 4 things that affect A-Spec points: Power, Weight, Tires and Downforce.

---
GT 4: 80.6% complete, 27047 A-Spec. Licenses: 77 Gold, 3 Silver. Completed every GT.
Real GT fans don't cheat - Me
#2Nemesis_Lion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2006 10:35:20 AMmessage detail
______________B-Spec Questions______________

Q. What is the meaning of B-Spec points and what are those categories below the B-Spec Overall?
A. B-Spec points tell you how good your B-Spec driver is. The categories below tell you how well your B-Spec knows your machines (Machine Skill), how well does your B-Spec knows the layout of the courses (Course Skill), and how well does your B-Spec overtakes opponents (Battle Skill).

The maximum points you can have here is: 10000 Overall, and 100 in each of the categories.

Q. What are those symbols on top of my screen when I’m playing on B-Spec?
A. The symbols from 1 to 5 tell you how fast you are pushing your B-Spec Driver. The higher the number, the harder you are pushing your driver, the faster he drives, BUT there is the risk of your B-Spec doing more mistakes on high numbers. I would advise on having B-Spec between 3 and 4. The symbol next to the 5 is the “overtake” symbol. With this enabled, you are telling your B-Spec driver to overtake an opponent whenever he meets one. Then there’s the “P” symbol, which enables you to make a pit stop.

Q. Does my B-Spec automatically pits when he needs?
A. Yes. And if you leave B-Spec on the pits, don’t worry about the pit menu; this will automatically disappear after some seconds.

Q. Can I switch between A-Spec and B-Spec?
A. Yes, you can. It’s the last option of the pit menu.

Q. I heard that you can make all the races shorter. How can you do it?
A. Yes, you can. If you go to the menu where you have the laps of every car, and their position in the track by pressing R1, an then press and hold L1 and tap 3 times “Right”, you can make the B-Spec game speed triplicate, making the races 3 times shorter in duration.

Q. I tried to read the B-spec FAQ, but I'm still confused. Where can I find better reference for B-spec?
A. The local B-spec FAQ is incomplete, inaccurate, and out of date. Check the links below for the best B-spec information available in English.

Reference Thread
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69405

Active Thread
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61033

---
GT 4: 80.6% complete, 27047 A-Spec. Licenses: 77 Gold, 3 Silver. Completed every GT.
#3Nemesis_Lion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2006 10:36:34 AMmessage detail
______________Licenses______________

Q. I have some trouble with a license. Can you help me?
A. There is an excellent guide on licenses right here in GameFAQs:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/gran_turismo_4_license_test.txt

Q. Do Coffee Breaks count to get the license?
A. No

Q. I’ve heard that you can transfer licenses from GT3. How can you do this?
A. Simple: access your game status screen in your “Home”, and press Start.

---
#4Nemesis_Lion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2006 10:37:06 AMmessage detail
______________Starting the game______________

Q. What is the best way to start this game?
A.If you have GT3, you can transfer 100.000 credits, and buy the HPA motorsports R32, or a Buick Special. To transfer these credits, see in the “Licenses” section how to do it.

If you don’t have GT 3, you can go to the used car lot, and buy a used RX-7, or a Skyline, or even a Lancer or a Impreza. Acquiring some cars from the Licenses is also a good idea, since there are great cars you can win from the licenses.

You can also consult this blog: http://gt4newbtips.blogspot.com

---
#5Nemesis_Lion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2006 10:37:56 AMmessage detail
______________Records______________

Q. What is the fastest speed anyone has ever done?
A. The fastest speed ever achieved is 390.70 Mph, and it was achieved by Rac3rX.

However, by exploiting the Côte D’Azur glitch (explained below), Latino1ny has achieved a speed of 419 Mph. Both of these speeds were achieved with a Toyota GT-One Race Car.

Q. Where can I find the setup for those speeds?
A. It can be found here:
http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::4597/Toyota-GT-One-Race-Car-(TS020)/

Q. What is the fastest 0-400m Time with a production and a non-production car?
A. The record for production car in the 0-400m (Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec C ....'04) with a record of 7.645 seconds and was set by latino1ny.

And SporkofProbz holds the record for non-production car (Suzuki Escudo) with a record of 7.258 seconds.

---
#6Nemesis_Lion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2006 10:38:25 AMmessage detail
______________Races______________

Q. What is the best car for the Supercar Festival?
A. There are some good cars for this race: Viper SRT-10, BMW M5, Ford GT, Saleen S7 or SL 65 AMG.

Q. What is the best car for the Lightweight K-Car Cup?
A. Honda Beat, Suzuki Cappucino, Daihatsu Copen, Autobianchi A112 Abarth (win from Sunday Cup) or S800 RSC Race Car (win from World Compact Car Cup).

Q. What is the best car for the GT World Championship?
A. MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race car (win from El Capitan 200 miles), R92 CP (win from Fuji 1000 km) or Formula GT (win from Nür 24 Hours).

Q. What is the best car for the Spider and Roadster?
A. AC Cars 427 S/C, TVR Griffith, Shelby Cobra, Opel Speedster or 350Z Roadster.

Q. What is the best rally car for the Special Conditions?
A. Lancia Delta S4, Peugeot 205 Turbo16 (or 205 Turbo 16 Evo 2), Ford RS 200, Subaru Impreza Rally car (any of them), Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car, or a fully upgraded Mine’s Skyline GT-R N1 V-Spec.

---
#7Nemesis_Lion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2006 10:38:57 AMmessage detail
______________Cars______________

Q. Do cars lose power when you have lots of miles in them?
A. Yes they do. Some Hp can be restored with an oil change, but from a certain point, cars will lose Hp permanently, and you cannot regain that lost Hp even with an oil change. I believe that the maximum Hp lost permanently is 5% of your total Hp.

But cars with lots of miles also have problems with handling. If you have several hundred miles on your car, you have to buy a Body Rigidity Refresher Plan at your manufacturer for 50.000 credits. If you don’t buy this, your car will behave a lot differently than it would normally.

Q. What are the Black Race Cars?
A. The Black Race Cars are special race cars that instead of having race car paint, are painted in black. They don’t have the same power as their “normal” counterparts since they have worn oil, but they are cooler. They appear on week 100 (694-700) on a 100 week cycle. And yes, they appear again (on days 1394-1400, 2094-2100, etc.).

Q. So who exactly are these Black Race Cars and how much do they cost?
A. The Black Race Cars are consisted of 4 race cars: Toyota GT-One Race Car, Mazda 787B Race Car, Nissan R390 Race Car and Nissan R92CP Race Car, and if you want to buy all of them, you need to spend roughly about 9.000.000 credits.

Q. What are the Special used cars?
A. They are used cars with only 10 Km (6.2 miles) that are almost brand new, since they don’t have worn oil like the other used cars, making them more powerful. They are easily seen in the used car lots, because their mileage is highlighted in yellow.

Q. When does the <insert used car name here> appear on the used car list?
A. You can use these car lists found on GT Planet:

For NTSC: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71405

For PAL: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69146

Q. Where can you win the <insert car name here>?
A. You can check the GT 4 Prize list that’s in GameFAQs here:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/gran_turismo_4_na_prize.txt

Q. Is there a Formula 1 in this game?
A. Yes. It’s called Formula Gran Turismo (FGT) and you can obtain it by winning the Nür 24 Hours.

Q. I can’t change the FGT’s Oil! Help!
A. This car doesn’t need its oil changed. Don’t worry: it will never lose power.

Q. Where do you tune the FGT?
A. You don’t. There is no Polyphony manufacturer in GT mode

Q. Why is there no Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche or Maserati in this game?
A. Because these manufacturers didn’t want to talk to Polyphony Digital about licensing their cars.

Q. Is there any site that has good setups for my car?
A. www.gtvault.com

---
#8Nemesis_Lion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2006 10:39:44 AMmessage detail
______________Drifting______________

Q. How do I drift?
A. To drift, all you need to do is to turn off all driving aids, and buy N1 or N2 Tires. If you think that’s not enough, buy a Racing Suspension, and play around with it.

Q. Are there any pre-made drift cars?
A. Yes. Anything that has in its name the designation “D1GP” is a pre-made car. These are the pre-made drift cars: Mazda BP Falken RX-7 (D1GP), HKS Genki Hyper Silvia RS2 (D1GP) and Blitz ER34 D1 Spec 2004 (D1GP).

---
#9Nemesis_Lion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2006 10:40:13 AMmessage detail
______________Common Terms______________

Q. What do JGTC, DTCM, LMP, Group C, D1GP, GT1/GT2,“The Ring” and “Unmodified” means?
A.(Thanks to Wikipedia)
JGTC: Japanese Grand Touring Championship, a grand touring car series created in Japan. Every car with the “JGTC” acronym in it belongs to this category

DTCM: Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft, now know as Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM), a touring car series based in Germany, but also with some rounds in Europe. Cars that belong in the DTCM: Mercedes CLK Touring Car, Mercedes 190E 2.5 - 16 Evo 2 Touring Car, Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car, Audi A4 Touring Car, Opel Astra Touring Car, Opel Calibra Touring Car and Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI.

LMP: Le Mans Prototype, a class of sports car racing vehicles especially designed for endurance events. Cars that belong here: Both Pescarollo, Audi R8, Bentley Speed 8 and BMW V12 LMR

Group C: An extinct category of Le Mans, consisting of very powerful and fast cars. Cars that belong here: Mazda 787B, Peugeot 905, Nissan R89C, Nissan R92CP, Sauber Mercedes C9, Jaguar XJR-9, MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V.

D1GP: A production car drifting series in Japan. All cars that have “D1GP” belong here.

GT1/GT2 Car classes of Le Mans. GT1: Toyota GT-One Race Car, Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car, Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car, Panoz Esperante GTR-1.
GT2: Chevrolet Corvette C5R, Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca, Ford GT 40 and every LM Race Car (correct me if I’m wrong)

”The Ring”: A short term whenever somebody wants to refer to Nürburgring Nordschleife.

”Unmodified”: The term "Unmodified" means that your car must be a Production Car, this means: no Tuning cars, no Race Cars, no Rally Cars, no Concept or Prototype cars. There is ONLY ONE EXCEPTION: the Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car. You CAN upgrade your car as much as you like.

---
#10Nemesis_Lion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2006 10:40:45 AMmessage detail
______________Glitches______________

Q. What is the Côte d’Azur glitch?
A. It’s a glitch that enables you to ride your car outside the track. To do this glitch, grab a car that does at least 160 mph (250 Kph), go to the Tunnel straight of this track; then accelerate away and hug the outer wall; and then clip the following chicane on the place where the tires join the outer wall. If you did it correctly, you will come out on the outside of the wall, and you are free to go where you want.

This video made by Latino1ny is a great explanation on how to do this glitch:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/26d5399a-c741-4206-9313-3c43135a06b3.htm

Q. Are there any cars that give more A-Spec points than they should give?
A. Yes there are. I only remember the Dodge RAM, and the Chaparral 2J. These can surely guarantee 200 point A-spec races (the Dodge RAM with every power upgrade, and the Chaparral 2J stock) and they literally smoke the competition.

---