funny thing

#1aolhaterPosted 8/17/2010 2:23:06 PM
Probably one of my all-time conversations with SC is when Fisher was riding an elevator (last level) of PT and all of a sudden, it stopped. . .of which Lambert said "the elevator stopped!" and then Fisher quickly said "thanks Lambert." Funny!
---
Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
#2aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2010 10:45:19 PM
Anyone good at answering movie questions? I've got one about ID'ing one I saw a long time ago.
---
Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
#3mario_potPosted 8/23/2010 1:59:07 PM
I come from the future, and it is good.....
---
Are you living or just breathing to death? GT:mariopot psn: mario_pot
#4aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2010 2:40:47 PM
Uh oh. . .I'm afraid already!
---
#5mario_potPosted 8/25/2010 10:05:44 AM
have no fear, MARIO IS HERE !
---
#6aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2010 12:44:47 PM
Where the blitz did you come up with that title for your login? "Mario_Pot" I mean. Every time I hear/read that name I always think of Mario with a pot on his head or just stoned as hell.
---
#7mario_potPosted 8/25/2010 3:42:13 PM
once upon a time long long ago in 2003 there was a boy. this boy was just beginning to learn the intricacies of the internet and was enamored with it. well one day this boys older sister showed him a website much like pokemon but taking place online . she called this magical website....Neopets . considering this boys parents were not in a financial position to get him a gameboy this boy decided he would join this site since it was the closest he could get to pokemon. as he excitedly typed away at his keyboard and filled out false registration info he came to a point where he needed something called an "e-mail"...to be continued

continued .......the boy distraught by this sudden turn of events tried to figure out what an e-mail was. after many hours of searching and failure he asked his sister and she said " go to yahoo young one, and you will find the answers you seek!"

the boy climber back to the computer with his new-found knowledge and went to yahoo. after once again filling the form with the falsest of the false information the boy came to the final question " what would you like your screen name to be ?" .excited and daunted by this extremely difficult question the answer came rather simply...he would use the name of his favorite and very first video game series. he excitedly entered "mario"...... the boy waited for his extremely slow 56k dial up connection to send the information to yahoo....and waited...and waited...and then he recieved a simple yet horrifying message " screen name/ handle already taken !".......to be continued

The boy, shocked and angry couldn't believe this name was taken, so he next typed "mario1"....waited...waited...and waited and once again his desired screen name was apparently " already in use. well the boy tried to think up all sorts of random variations / combination of mario and small tidbits of info form the boys life to no avail........after an infuriating long 10 minutes the boy gave up......and all at once it came ot him.......how about mario and another word added onto it ? the young naive boy instantly thought to the large cooking pots his mother used to cook meals.

later in life he would realize maybe including the words mario and pot may have been bad because every stoner immediately assumes you are a 420-happy friend and whenever it comes time to make fun of the stupid " XxxWeedbody69killyourfaceoffxxX" gamertags he would not be able to join in because he would be labeled a hypocrite.

but during that point in the childs life he was happy to see yahoo accept this screen name, and considering the random combination of the words, the boy would go on to use the screen name in multiple websites,.....

and the boy lived happily ever after...........until it was time to get a job and he realized having pot in your e-mail name was as close to job-interview suicide as you could commit without even meeting your employer........the end.
---
#8aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2010 5:12:47 PM
All I can is. . .WOW!!! That is one of the best reads in a LONG time I've had the opportunity to be encompassed by. I was expecting a much simpler and. . .well shorter story, but you really went into detail on this one. You sure took a lot of time writing that up. I take it you don't use "mario_pot" as your emaill address on job apps right?
---
#9mario_potPosted 8/25/2010 7:18:15 PM
....yeahhhh...noooooooo lol . The fact pot isn't looked upon very well plus the fact that i am applying for a job ensures that.....even though it would make things far easier, I NEVER check my professional e-mail address.....

I notice however my friend your screen name isn't too normal its self. ho did you become the aol hater ?
---
#10aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2010 10:09:12 PM
Hmmmm. . .now THAT is a good story itself! Well, where should I begin? Well I'm guessing the beginning is where most people would start, right? So. . .here goes my tale!

Once upon a time, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, there was this guy who started the quest for the perfect email/screen name account and as you probably have guessed it, it started with America Online.

The story actually begins when this young lad (and his family) first started out with. . .no, wait for it. . .YOU GUESSED IT AGAIN!!! AOL!!! So the boy was blessed with the giant corporation with an antiquated service known as *shudders. . .* "dial-up" which at the time was the only way for the modern-day people to use the just-newly-discovered-thing known as the mighty Internet. He still remembers the faint heart-attacking/starting sounds of that old dial-up modem starting up to this day. During his quest with his many adventerous adventures while rebel-rousing around on AOL and the 'Net at the time, the boy grew fond of this new-found service. . .but like most things in his life, he soon discovered AOL also was short for "America Off-line" because he was often disconnected to "off-line" mode quite often.

In the time period of around 2000-2004 and at the height of the mighty AOL Evil Galactic Internet Empire, this boy soon came to start hating this company in its infinite wisdom with complete stupidity. Besides getting disconnected all the ****ing time. . .and the slow-arse load-up times with loading even a single web page, it just became way too much of a pain in the ass to utilize this mega-ultra-totaltarian service. So this individual soon came upon GameFaq's, of where he thought it would be a funny idea to have a screen-name rightly entitled "aolhater." And thus, he was born! To keep up with its so-called "free" services, the hellish company started pulverizing it's web-browser with craploads upon craploads of ad's, thus adding to the boy's hate towards this company.

Aolhater's account (his GameFaq's one) was at one time, linked to an AOL account. . .but that soon changed!!!

. . . . .CONTINUED. . . . . . .
After a year or so of being enslaved to (ironically) an AOL screenname, the Almighty Aolhater eventually switched on over to a much more superior entity known as Hotmail and has never looked back to the plight at which he suffered from.

The funny thing was the Galactic Empire of AOL eventually fell to the point that even now barely has a fanbase still following it, it is almost merely a bare-bones email service.

. . . . .CONTINUED. . . . . .
Another funny fact is I tried deleting my old account with them several times over, but the bastards would not let it die off so easily. So I said to them (proverbially speaking that is) "screw you little piss ants!!! I'm going someplace else!!!" And alas the birth of my Hotmail account hummed to life!

To be honest, I do not miss Aol one little bit. It is without a doubt THE WORST email system I've ever used!!! Hotmail is SO much damn simpler and easier to use! And if I wanna text-chat with someone I know, I'll use Facebook instead, not nearly as many ad's either.. Bunch of communists azz wipes. . . (aol I mean)

I have yet to meet one person on here to challenge me on the finer points of that cursed company, nor do I intend to encounter them, but suffice it to say, their just plain dark evil.

Also, the *ONE-TIME* someone did comment on my GF's name, all he said was "that name is so 90's." I believe his (or her?) name is/was "I Like Toast," I guess he's considered a sort of god on the Guild Wars boards.

To sum it up short-story-wise, I've just never had that good of luck with AOL. I guess this is my way of. . .well rebelling back. . .albeit a very small way of rebelling.

Well, there's my rant. Hope you enjoyed the good read.