funny thing

#11mario_potPosted 8/26/2010 3:05:06 PM
XD, nice I do love a good revenge tale lol.
---
Are you living or just breathing to death? GT:mariopot psn: mario_pot
#12aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2010 3:15:19 PM
Hee hee hee, glad I could entertain you. Know any good other revenge tales?
---
Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
#13aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2010 8:46:55 AM
Hey Mario! Oh Mario?! Hey I need you to do me a big favor for me. I'm gonna be gone for a solid month (or at least) and I would like you to keep this topic "bumped" until I get back. So once a week or so could you leave a little message here to keep it alive for me? Thanks.
---
Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
#14mario_potPosted 8/27/2010 11:34:19 AM
VACATION! sure my friend i can keep this topic bumped..., I am a master of talking to myself.......since nobody likes me... ;_;......
---
#15aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2010 12:49:11 PM
First of all my "vacation" as you put it is officially off. Apparently the job I applied for said they didn't need me after all. . . It was for a fishing job up in Alaska but apparently after a mere hour, one of the guy's working on the boat up there decided to stay after all. . .so now I'm still stuck living at home!!!

Second, so you ARE a master of talking to yourself then? lolz
And whats this BS about nobody liking you? I like you! (so far anyways) You provide an occasional anecdote to my day every once in a while.
---
#16mario_potPosted 8/27/2010 1:58:05 PM
lol, a fishing job eh? that's awesome , are you a big fan of fishing or fish & game type things ?
---
#17aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2010 2:19:34 PM
Not unless you count "fishing gold outta a toilet bowl". . .then no, I'm not a big fan of fishing. Well I guess you could count "Action Bass" for Playstation 1. . .but even then it got pretty darn dull after the 20th fish.

Actually to me it's just a job, plus a huge chance to experience the one state I've always wanted to visit. Not to mention the pay-rate is fairly huge. One can expect to make anywhere between $40,000-$50,000 a year off of it if they did it full-time, but then again thats working your ass off 16-18 hours a day too. So it's mostly hazard pay actually. You're out on the ocean for up to 7-10 days at a time and the nearest source of help can be literally up to 200 miles away.

It ain't over just yet, there's always the possibility of them hiring me later.
---
#18mario_potPosted 8/27/2010 4:32:05 PM
that's awesome i considered doing crab fishing when i got out of highschool, it pretty much sounds exactly the same and i live in cali so it would probably be easy to find a boat going out to sea to higher me, but i started college immediately after graduation and that dream fizzled up and died....lol
---
#19aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2010 5:58:40 PM
Don't you mean "fizzled out" instead of "up"? Hmmm. . .
Yeah I know watcha mean, I also considered doing crab fishing too. They supposedly can make up to 80-grand a year or even more, but THAT kind of work you're really busting your hump out there 24/7. Ever seen that show called "Deadliest Catch"? Thats about the best way to sum it up. If one of those waves knocked you overboard you're pretty much a goner.

I did consider going to college one time, but I'm just not the academic type either.
---
#20mario_potPosted 8/28/2010 1:38:44 AM
It's good you realizes that, i know far too many people enrolled in college who really have...no reason to be there. of course everyone wants to study to get a good job, but for some people ( far more than our society admits) that isn't the best choice. Mike rowe of dirty jobs had a great speech about how america essentially has a " war on labor" and basically he sums it up as we need the field-worker as much as we need the neuro surgeon" so many people refuse to do the hard labor but really without the laborers we are just as bad as not having any academics.

plus you can always change your mind later, better not to go now then to go and not finish .

I should start watching deadliest catch too.
---