funny thing

#31mario_potPosted 8/29/2010 1:58:53 PM
I have a 2 year old laptop that is not so great either....because dell sucks my charge adapter died within a year of buying it and now i must have it plugged up at all times for it to work. the best part is that theoretically the 3rd party adapter could charge it but the programming of the stupid laptop prevents it form doing so....grrrr. aside from school work though I don't use it for much, when i downloaded the unreal developement kit though I ran into problems...I should have figured though lol.
---
Are you living or just breathing to death? GT:mariopot psn: mario_pot
#32aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2010 5:49:29 PM
DANG IT!!! I posted a reply to your previous message but my Internet is still acting like a butt munch.
Machines I tell ya, they'll be the end of us.

Anyways as I had PREVIOUSLY written once before. . . *shakes fist at computer screen*. . .I wanted to say that with my laptop, it has the battery in it. . .just like any other ordinary laptop. It has just the one adapter to it, which not only runs it but also recharges the battery at the same time. So I don't need a separate charger for it.

Next laptop/gaming computer I get is gonna be at least $1,000 or more. I want a really good one that will last me for a good 4-5 years or so. Toshiba's are alright (which is the company-name one I have right now), but I wouldn't get one again. Not sure exactly which is the best brand to go with. . .

Well, this will officially be my last message for today. Internet at home is running so craptacularly slow today I actually had to *borrow* a hot-spot connection from McDonalds. But hey, at leasts it free!
---
Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
#33mario_potPosted 8/29/2010 7:59:56 PM
free is my favorite price!
---
#34aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2010 1:06:52 PM
My farts are also free too!
---
Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
#35mario_potPosted 8/30/2010 2:53:56 PM
.....I-I think i'll pass on those if you don't mind.....
---
#36aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2010 7:36:19 PM
You absolutely sure about that? I can do it into an aersol can and mail it to you over-night through UPS!
---
#37aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2010 8:39:59 PM
Ok, this post is gonna be totally about the first Splinter Cell game! It has nothing to do with the social messages as previously posted by me. Anyways I wanna go over all the individual gizmos and gadgets Sam can use in game and if they could exist (and do) in real life.

1. Frag grenade. Hmmmm. . .this little firecracker really does exist in the real world. Of course I highly doubt anyone in real life could survive TWO direct attacks with one if it exploded two feet from them, but somehow Sam does. Wierd. . .

2. Medkit. Heals 20% of Sam's health. Nah you couldn't heal yourself instantly with these in real life, unless you had a dermal regenerator or something like that. . .

3. Wallmines. I *guess* these do exist is the real world. All it is. . .is a basic bomb hooked up to a motion-detector of death. I HIGHLY doubt anyone could just walk up to it like a vending machine and deactivate it with the push of a button.

4. Chem flares. Yes these things do exist but in reality they would last a lot longer than 10 seconds.

5. Road flares. Again. . . in the Splinter Cell universe, they seem to have this magic idea where REAL flares would burn for only 10 measly seconds. I mean, WHAT KIND OF FLARE ONLY LASTS 10 SECONDS?! The ones I've bought and used have lasted at least for 10 continuous minutes!

6. Five Seven pistol. Yes it does exist in the real world and can be owned by most citizens in the U.S., BUT. . .the recoil in-game is WAY too much for a gun in this caliber. I mean, statistically speaking, it's basically on par with a .22 Magnum, but it recoils like a .45. TOTALLY unrealistic if ya ask me!

7. Standard lock pick. Yes. . .even these simple tools do exist.

8. Disposable lock picks. I guess in a way these do exist, but the real world ones catch the door on fire and would almost definitely alert anyone nearby who happened to hear them go off.

9. Laser mic. From what I've heard, this little gadget does actually exist somewhere. It can actually read sound waves through a window, something I'd love to have in my personal collection, but not for around five grand.

10. Camera jammer. Hmmm. . . except short of a nuclear bomb, as far as I know there aren't any devices currently capable of sending out electromagnetic pulses that can disable cameras and electronic equipment. Maybe the military has these devices for all we know. . .

11. Optic cord with camera on the end of it. I believe the Navy SEAL teams these, and yes they do exist in real life. Extremely useful when wanting to know what is around or under something without exposing yourself too much.

12. F2000 rifle (AKA the "SC20K" rifle). Yeah this one does exist too, complete with silencer. Semi-automatic-only ones are available on the civilian market, but short of it's small profile, I hate the way it looks. And 2 lousy 30-round mags is all you get?! GEE-WIZZZ!!! I can poop more than that! You would be surprised at just how much sniping I do in this game. About 95% of the time when the opportunity presents itself, I just aim for their heads and pop em' with one shot. Clean and simple. Now when there's 2 or more bad guys, then it REALLY gets interesting! Headshots also save ammo!

13. Sticky shocker. Nope, doesn't exist yet.

14. Ring airfoil round. Basically a glorified bean-bag round. It *could* knock someone out in real life, but you would have to use at least half a dozen of them to do it.
#38aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2010 8:41:36 PM
. . .CONTINUED. . .
15. Stickycamera/diversion camera. Hmmm. . .yeah these could exist, I mean with todays modern technology and sutff they could be used for remote surveillance. Heck the camera's they make these days are craptacularly small compared to everything else. The only thing that gets me is how the heck do these camera actually *ALWAYS* land right-side up on walls and stuff? Unless of course they land directly on the ground they always land right side up! Another thing that gets me is you would have to be a complete dingus to walk up to one to the whistling sound of knock-out-time due to the gases given off by the diversion cams. I mean, COME ON, they are COMPLETE idiots to simply walk up to a whistling sound and 2 seconds later they get gassed out!

16. Smoke grenades. Basically tear gas if ya ask me.
---
#39mario_potPosted 8/30/2010 10:03:57 PM
...*sigh* how I loved this game.....spending a minimum of an hour on missions, trying to make sure to know when " fifth freedom" applied or didn't apply to the situation, visiting all sorts of exotic locales.....good times.

this is one of the few games that made committing a massacre feel fun...in other games you mow down tons of enemies by the boat load, in splintercell there were times o fight and times to sneak...good itmes goooooodddd times.
---
#40aolhater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2010 10:59:09 AM
For the first SC game, what was your favorite gadget? And "no," the guns do not count. Mine was the diversion camera. Hee hee hee! I LOVED being able to knock out the idiotic AI that ventured too close to that trap! Not to mention gassing them out was fun to watch!
---