How do i get the space port?

#1iwasapoetoncePosted 1/19/2009 4:22:15 AM
I didnt look at hte FAQs yet, but i have a city size of 800,000. my population for high tech industry is enormous. I have four hydrogen plants and plenty of high wealth population. i fill the criteria for a space port, but its not coming to me.

Also, in my other city i have an EQ of 160. i didnt build the university earlier because i couldnt afford it. Now i do, but its not available to me. my mayor approval is hovering above 60 and has been constant there. i have very well funded schools, libraries, and museums. But it wont let me build the univeristy. it was available to me earlier, but now that i want to build it i cant.

---
I need a bit of help lads with some rushes ya know like helix rush n tech spam, do you lot know anymore?
#2iwasapoetonce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2009 8:34:51 PM
:( i've fulfilled each criteria but still cannot build the space port. does anyone know?
---
I need a bit of help lads with some rushes ya know like helix rush n tech spam, do you lot know anymore?
#3ZeusthagodPosted 2/1/2009 1:29:11 PM
For the University,

If you meet the criteria for it at one point it becomes available. If you don't build it then it will become unavailable again if you no longer meet the criteria.

Don't know about the space port. I've been wondering about that one myself since my city has over 1 million people with plenty of high tech industry. Maybe it's a glitch.
---
A wise man told me "don't argue with fools"
#4iwasapoetonce(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2009 3:54:49 PM
hm... thanks.

must be a glitch. thanks for the info though. i appreciate it.
---
#5flameknight2099Posted 2/19/2009 3:00:18 AM
I think you have to set the difficulty to hard or whatever was the highest difficulty- if I remember correctly, you can't get the space port on easy or medium, even if you've satisfied the prerequisites. But if your city is already at that difficulty, it could be a glitch; I think I read that the big deluxe train station or whatever is somewhat glitched and can only be earned through the U-Drive It missions?

Oh man, that space port... I got this game, worked hard to try and get this reward in the first month that I had this game, and then left it for a year or two until I finally decided to come back and finish it to get the freakin' shuttle launch pad. Watching the shuttle launch is pretty cool, though.
#6iwasapoetonce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2009 1:48:55 PM
haha.... i tink the only way to get it is through U-Drive it missions. they're a pain in the ass, and i cant believe i spend that much money for hte expansion. :( oh well.