Greatest hockey game of all time.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 2K3
  3. Greatest hockey game of all time.
8 years ago#1
I'll never forget the first time I played this game. I had had my PS2 for a few months before this game came out and was still playing my old PS1 copy of NHL 2001. This came out and I decided to give it a try. I was absolutely blown away by this game in every way. After playing the way too arcadey NHL series since I was just a kid on the SNES, this game came out of nowhere and actually felt like a real hockey game. Not only the gameplay, but the amazing production values and presentation just pulled me in. I played about until 6 AM the nigh I bought this game, and it took up an almost permanent residence in my PS2 for about 3 months, and even after that I came back to it at least 3 or 4 times a week. For almost a year I played this game relentlessly, and then then the 04 sports games came out. For some reason, I decided I would give my old series another try after hearing it was pretty good. I bought NHL 04, played it for a week or so and than 2K3 went right back in my PS2. It was my game for another year and than in 04 I did the smart thing and bought 05. I've been a loyal 2K supporter ever since, although I still give NHL a chance every now and than. Both series are top quality right now, and I look at this game as the launching pad for years of competition, innovation and great hockey games.

Truly the greatest hockey game of all time.
Where do we begin?
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 2K3
  3. Greatest hockey game of all time.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived