this game makes no sense!!

#1guiness42Posted 8/6/2010 8:19:05 PM
So i put on a disguise and it seems to do no good! tell me what is the point of even wearing a disguise if when i run or do ANYTHING I am found out?
---
I said no camels, those are fives camels! Can't you count? -Indiana Jones
#2R i c kPosted 8/9/2010 9:19:09 AM
The effectiveness of disguises relies on a few factors: Who you are, where you are, how you're armed and whether you're running or not. This game is rather over sensitive about running so walk whenever you think you're too close to a guard. As for the other things I'll use the first level as an example: You can disguise yourself as the mailman, delivery boy or a guard. This is a mafia family, though, so if you dress as a guard they'll know you don't belong if you get too close. Note that dressing as a soldier in the missions to come will let you get much closer without blowing your cover. Where you are also matters. The delivery boy isn't allowed anywhere but the kitchen and the mailman isn't allowed anywhere but the foyer. If you stray from these rooms people get real upset with you. And of course how you're armed matters. The mafia doesn't like their mailmen to come packing heat so be prepared to ditch your guns if you want to pass a checkpoint dressed as one (fiber wire and such won't be found).

So for the most part it's all pretty logical. Stay where you belong regarding your disguise, keep weapons hidden if you aren't allowed to carry them, keep your distance if you think they can see through your disguise and above all don't run near people. The only missions that really throw logic to the curb are the Japan missions. Guards will spot you a mile away in a snowstorm in those ones even when you're wearing full body ninja garb. There are also some weird AI hitches here and there. It can be frustrating if you're trying to be stealthy.

---
"We won. We must have been right." - Aeon Flux
#3guiness42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2010 2:14:19 PM
yeah i guess that makes sense, see i made the mistake of playing Blood Money first and in that game it's a lot more lenient, like as long as you don't shoot someone in the face while others are around your disguise is pretty much ok. :)

It just gets annoying when you assume dressing as a ninja for instance would be a safe disguise and instead it turns out you just have to avoid people altogether. Oh well! Does anyone know if Contracts is better? like more like Blood Money?

---
I said no camels, those are fives camels! Can't you count? -Indiana Jones
#4R i c kPosted 8/9/2010 2:42:14 PM
I've played all of them and BM is the weakest of the 3 latest ones, IMO. The controls in HM2 were perfect and the few issues HM2 had were ironed out in Contracts. In Contracts you're free to run around a lot more, like in BM, and it also has the syringe style anesthetic which is a bit better than HM2's but in Contracts you get one knock out syringe and there are no poison ones. Everything else in Contracts is like HM2 only better.

Also, just for fun, note that it's possible to beat HM2 with all zeroes for stats except for 2 shots fired (one into a computer and one into a window) and one kill. You can avoid the kill with a little glitch but it's kind of a pain. And for Contracts you can beat it perfectly with all zeroes. So if you're going to try to be stealthy on your own, it's certainly possible.

---
"We won. We must have been right." - Aeon Flux