It's Going To Happen

#1shodown19Posted 3/3/2011 7:53:44 PM
Yu Suzuki has effectively forced his hand against Sega. I think the underlying truth in all of this, is that talks of Shenmue III are already underway or they will be very soon. At this point, Sega has absolutely no reason to deny Shenmue III at this point. The only compromise is Yu Suzuki's vision and Sega's budget. Don't be surprised if they reach a resolution before E3. After 10 years it's going to happen people....

SHENMUE III IS COMING!!!!!!
---
You mad?
#2Tim_Lince_kunPosted 3/4/2011 1:46:21 AM
Dear god I hope so...
---
Shenmue II Fan? Let's talk about how much we hate Sega: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/561258-shenmue-ii
#3jennafaith1Posted 3/4/2011 2:50:40 PM
I think this is too dramatic. SEGA is simply doing well now with theyr partnerships and is pulling on it's past franchises to create a new market for itself. Sonic Colors and Sega Racing were both largely succesful games simply because of the characters featured and a moderate amount of programing effort.

I magine if they actually put their hearts into it. I also expect Shenmue 3, probably in 2012.
---
It all started with a twenty-sided dice.
#4ChrisHanson24Posted 3/5/2011 8:47:57 AM(edited)
lol no there will never be a shenmue 3, they're still trying to figure out how to bring shenmue city to the iphone
#5Scorpion ZeroPosted 3/7/2011 6:19:16 PM
SEGA is broke.
---
Bibles for America. Math and science for everyone else. PSN ID: BaronVonWeiss
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn115/osirisfour/GEScard2-1.jpg?t=1297820776
#6Beatperson14Posted 3/9/2011 10:22:18 PM
^Sonic would like a word with you
---
YOUR NUMBER'S BEEN DISCONNECTEEEED~
YOUR NUMBER'S BEEN DISCONNECTEEEED~
#7NikkyPosted 3/11/2011 5:37:23 AM
Sega... you better make this happen.
---
Where's the reset button?
#8shodown19(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2011 12:20:28 PM
I think this is too dramatic. SEGA is simply doing well now with theyr partnerships and is pulling on it's past franchises to create a new market for itself. Sonic Colors and Sega Racing were both largely succesful games simply because of the characters featured and a moderate amount of programing effort.

I imagine if they actually put their hearts into it. I also expect Shenmue 3, probably in 2012.

When it comes to Shenmue III, there's not thing such as too dramatic. lol.

On the surface it might look like blind optimism, but the facts are too hard to ignore. If you add up the tidbits of detail, the possibilty for Shenmue III looks very good. Which is why I'm confident we'll finally get our game.

-Sega offers console exclusivity for Shenmue III

-Ryo appears in the Sonic Racing Game

-Growing popularity of the Yakuza series has generated interest and curiosity about Shenmue

-Ryo Hazuki DLC appears on Xbox Live

-Sega announcing they have turned profit this past year

-Yu Suzuki explaining Shenmue III gameplay details*

-Suzuki stating that he think Sega will allow him to make the game*

-Shenmue Gai

The ones in asteriks are most important because Yu Suzuki is the catalyst for bringing back this franchise. We're far removed from the days of "no comment", "no plans", and "maybe one day in the future" when asked about Shenmue III. Yu Suzuki has been in hibernation for several years now and for a good reason. If he walked outside and someone identified him, I'm sure what question he would get asked EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm sure Suzuki is aware of this and I think he wouldn't make a reappearance like this unless he had a solid gameplan to bring Shenmue back.

These tidbits of info leads me to believe that Sega is seriously discussing how to make Shenmue III a reality. I think the only thing that's holding it back is the compromise between Yu Suzuki's vision and Sega's budget. From the way it sounds, Yu has every intention of making Shenmue III just as special as the first two games. So him and Sega need to find a happy medium to get this game developed.

It's very possible that this could see release exclusively on PS3 for those reasons. Blu-Ray would be a huge factor in delivering the kind of Shenmue we want and expect.
---
You mad?
#9Lazay727Posted 3/30/2011 7:13:48 PM
I will buy as many copies as i can afford and hang them on my wall unopened.
#10Lazay727Posted 3/30/2011 7:14:39 PM
This is the most hopeful time for shenmue 3. As we speak they are trying to find out how possible it really is.