This and Shenmue 1 have the best ever overworld music.

#1Wangtang001Posted 4/26/2011 12:31:34 PM
Every relaxed bit of music that plays when you're just walking about is so damn good. No other game has done music like this so well. Music that isn't trying to be too fast paced, it's just setting the atmosphere.
---
Campbell: Raiden, the sea lice are getting fat on your rations.
ss7: I did like him, like I did like becks, until he beckham crap.
#2nimseyPosted 4/26/2011 6:17:53 PM
Absolutely, 100% agree. I feel that the musical achievement in the series is as great, if not more so, as the graphical achievement.
---
www.delicious6.com
#3VaultTecBoy1986Posted 5/2/2011 11:32:18 AM
I couldn't agree more - the music in these games is outstanding and I believe Shenmue was the first game to use an orchestral score in a video game.
---
"Welcome to the real world son, where bullets hurt and people die"
~An excerpt from the fanfiction; Fallout Retribution~
#4ChrisHanson24Posted 5/2/2011 6:25:03 PM(edited)
VaultTecBoy1986 posted...
I couldn't agree more - the music in these games is outstanding and I believe Shenmue was the first game to use an orchestral score in a video game.

lol no how about resident evil or tomb raider
#5VaultTecBoy1986Posted 5/3/2011 12:53:12 AM
ChrisHanson24 posted...
VaultTecBoy1986 posted...

lol no how about resident evil or tomb raider

Really? I thought I read an article how it was the first orchestral score? I stand corrected.
---
"Welcome to the real world son, where bullets hurt and people die"
~An excerpt from the fanfiction; Fallout Retribution~
#6nimseyPosted 5/3/2011 2:43:53 PM
I'm pretty sure that neither Resident Evil nor Tomb Raider had used any live, orchestral performances up to that point, just synth strings and such (which Shenmue mostly does as well, except for a few key, and hefty, pieces).

But yeah, I'm sure some games had used actual orchestral recordings for various tracks. I know that Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Saga had.
---
www.delicious6.com