This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why is Leonard... *spoilers*

#1xXMythieXxPosted 9/17/2012 6:49:39 PM
...a monster? Was he warped by the town or what?
---
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
#2biohazard1775Posted 9/17/2012 10:15:14 PM
I say yes but there are some others that interpret it as Heather perceiving him as a hideous monster.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/biohazard1775.png
http://i.imgur.com/n1gbo.gif
#3miserable247365Posted 9/25/2012 11:07:08 AM
Good Ending - He is evil and must turn into a monster to be killed. Heather doesn't kill people.

Bad Ending - Every monster Heather sees is actually a human.
#4biohazard1775Posted 9/25/2012 10:41:56 PM

Not really. All that's implied in the bad ending is that Heather is possessed after killing the god then kills Douglas.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/biohazard1775.png
http://i.imgur.com/n1gbo.gif
#5miserable247365Posted 9/26/2012 5:31:41 AM
BIOHAZZARD1 posted...

Not really. All that's implied in the bad ending is that Heather is possessed after killing the god then kills Douglas.

I'm not going to say you're definitely wrong because much of every Silent Hill game is open to interpretation. But Vincent says to Heather "They look like monsters to you?". Implying she's actually killing people. He says this with either ending, and recants by saying "I'm just joking". Also, part of the prophecy states "leading believers to paradise with bloodstained hands". The Bad ending has Heather standing over a stabbed Douglas with a knife and her hand dripping with blood. Finally, to get the bad ending you have to score a certain number of points. Points are mainly acquired through killing monsters. So if you kill lots of monsters (that are actually people), you become possessed. Which leads me to believe that all of the monsters were actually people, and Heather killed so many that she is now possessed. It also continues the first game because maybe Harry took the baby home, thinking it was only the pure side of Alessa, when actually it wasn't. Like I said, all of the games stories are open to interpretation.
#6DagorhaPosted 10/10/2012 3:46:28 PM
miserable247365 posted...
BIOHAZZARD1 posted...

I'm not going to say you're definitely wrong because much of every Silent Hill game is open to interpretation. But Vincent says to Heather "They look like monsters to you?". Implying she's actually killing people. He says this with either ending, and recants by saying "I'm just joking". Also, part of the prophecy states "leading believers to paradise with bloodstained hands". The Bad ending has Heather standing over a stabbed Douglas with a knife and her hand dripping with blood. Finally, to get the bad ending you have to score a certain number of points. Points are mainly acquired through killing monsters. So if you kill lots of monsters (that are actually people), you become possessed. Which leads me to believe that all of the monsters were actually people, and Heather killed so many that she is now possessed. It also continues the first game because maybe Harry took the baby home, thinking it was only the pure side of Alessa, when actually it wasn't. Like I said, all of the games stories are open to interpretation.

Actually all it implies is they look different to Vincent and since he has a very angelic esque thoughts about the Order on the whole, they could look like angels or something entirely different which is more likely because of how SH2 sets up the monsters.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#7BareknuckleRooPosted 10/26/2012 7:31:14 PM
I'm not going to say you're definitely wrong because much of every Silent Hill game is open to interpretation. But Vincent says to Heather "They look like monsters to you?". Implying she's actually killing people.

Implying something doesn't make it true. Vincent's actions in game pretty much make him a troll with respect to the order, so chances are he's just messing with Heather in that scene too. Doesn't come as a surprise.

Ultimately, Heather sees them as monsters, and they clearly don't behave like humans, so she treats them as monsters. And even if they were humans, they're clearly out to wound/kill her, so any fighting Heather does is still self-defense, so I fail to see what difference it'd make ethically.
#8EvilMonkeyPosted 10/28/2012 4:06:18 PM
Actually all it implies is they look different to Vincent

It seems like he was just joking, because when he confronts Claudia he says, "Although, I do admit this atrocious scenery is all yours." Which is pretty accurate to what it looked like from Heather's perspective.
---
"Our history now descends from a kingdom of gold to one of iron and rust." -Cassius Dio
#9weskers errand boyPosted 11/10/2012 6:55:30 AM
My question about Leonard is how did he roar and keep talking at the same time? I'm not even joking, I thought it was a monster Leonard was using to kill Heather, because how could he do both of those things simultaneously.
---
RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#10BareknuckleRooPosted 11/11/2012 6:18:45 AM
My question about Leonard is how did he roar and keep talking at the same time?

Heather could have thought he was speaking but in actuality he was using telepathy or something? It's Silent Hill, I wouldn't think too much of it.