Best Weapon & Favorite Multiplayer Maps - 4

#201cornerback3Posted 6/25/2011 11:52:11 AM
uh uh uh.......

I'm not sure. I really want to get BF3 w/ BF1943...but I'm not sure how I'll ever pay $60 for a video game. I'd have to convince my parents....somehow...to make it an early Christmas present or something...
#202RedHawk4Posted 6/25/2011 9:04:00 PM
Yeah, that could be an issue. But what's better for Christmas than a virtual experience of two eras of warfare? Seriously...it sells itself.
#203cornerback3Posted 6/25/2011 10:16:00 PM
Yes yes, you have quite the point there. Somehow the game will end up within my possession...even if I have to steal money from my parents. Seriously. But not really. But I WILL get it...maybe...idk...ehhhhhhhhhhhhh
#204RedHawk4Posted 6/26/2011 4:53:12 PM
Semper Fi, my friend...or as they say in CoD:MW2, "Tango Sucka". ;)
#205cornerback3Posted 6/30/2011 1:47:34 PM
---4 day trip to Grandparent's house out of state over---
so are YOU planning on getting Battlefield 3?
#206RedHawk4Posted 6/30/2011 4:18:56 PM
Yes, I hope so. It depends on my future, eh...financial state. I have a lot up upcoming games that I want, and most of them I would like to pre-order to receive certain bonuses.

Batman: Arkham City
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3
Journey (download only)
Sly 4: Thieves in Time (still on the fence about it though)
#207cornerback3Posted 7/1/2011 12:13:39 AM
finances would have to be pretty decent to get all those games.
#208RedHawk4Posted 7/1/2011 10:36:44 PM
Yeah...I am aware of that. Luckily I've been hoarding my money for probably over a year now, in the event that something like this would happen. I figured it would.

If it comes down to it, I'm going to settle for getting at least these games, in this order:

1 - Batman: Arkham City (this is the priority, I've been waiting for this one for a long time)
2 - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (multiplayer beta has been great, and the single-player seems awesome as usual)
3 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (I actually want this slightly more than BF3)

The other games can all wait if I don't have the, ahem...appropriate financial resources. Perhaps I can get a raise from the GPD. Who knows.
#209cornerback3Posted 7/2/2011 1:02:48 PM
I'm not going to lie but I threw up a little in my mouth after reading number 3. ;)

I've determined that I must have been greatly disillusioned when I was enjoying Black Ops. I've returned to disliking the post-cod4 COD franchise. A game a year is simply over the top. Battlefield releases a major game around every 2 years, which is almost too much as is. COD is just ridiculous.
#210RedHawk4Posted 7/4/2011 12:29:36 PM
While I admit that Black Ops has its flaws...it's many flaws...actually quite a lot of flaws...

Where was I going with this? Oh yes...despite the flaws, I actually have been enjoying it quite a lot. I haven't played online in ages, mostly because it still frustrates me to death when I try (whether it be campers, quick-scopers, or disconnects). But offline is a different story. Playing against bots is admittedly a lot of fun, especially in split-screen, and since you automatically have access to all weapons, attachments and equipment right away, you can tinker around with as many combinations as you like without having to put in hours of playtime to earn enough points to unlock the stuff.

Modern Warfare 3, I hope, can be the compromise between MW2 and BO that I desire. I want the feel of MW2 online multiplayer back, minus the overpowered weapons and attachments and perks, and I also want the offline experience of BO to return, in the form of either offline multiplayer against bots (hopefully with split-screen included) and some sort of co-op mode like Zombies (the new SpecOps mode looks to be fitting that description so far).