This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any other games like this?

#1Alien3434Posted 2/9/2010 4:09:40 PM
looking back through my video gaming career i have to admit that TOS is by far the best game i have ever played. do you know of any other games where the story is so beautifully written and interwoven into the game? preferably for either the wii or the pc
#2LifeadmiralPosted 2/9/2010 4:31:40 PM
How about 2 Gamecube games?

Go with the Baten Kaitos series. Fantastic games.
---
"It all started with a tae bo kojak class! People are shaving their heads and getting into the exercises... and THIS happened!" - Colin Mochrie
#3lastelixerPosted 2/9/2010 5:05:59 PM
Have you played the sequel on Wii? I don't know if it's any good, I haven't played it.
#4SocialNekuPosted 2/9/2010 5:47:30 PM
^

the sequel is good as a stand-alone JPRG, a lof of hate comes from ToS fanboys (ToS II was better for me than it was ToS, is pretty overrated, is just a average tales game compared to ToD,ToR,ToH or even ToI),

looking back through my video gaming career i have to admit that TOS is by far the best game i have ever played. do you know of any other games where the story is so beautifully written and interwoven into the game? preferably for either the wii or the pc

Symphonia story is beatifully written...?okaaay I respect the opinion, well for GC both Kaitos games will do, add Skies of Arcadia to that, for the Wii, Arc Rise Fantasia and Tales Of Graces (and ToG is way better than ToS, CC system is love, besides it has ASUBERUUU!,add to that better music, nothing "ohemmgeedisisawesomness" though, but better than what Sakuraba composed for ToS...,more replay value, ability of soloing without having to have everyone dead/hold position,blablabla tidal wave,etc., though most of the things I said where just my opinion)
#5lastelixerPosted 2/9/2010 9:42:32 PM
^I loved ToS. I tried ToP shortly before it, didn't love it. Thinking about playing ToD and/or ToD2 soon. What do you say about that?

The images I've seen of ToD look horrible, but if the game is good enough I can overcome that. ToD2 looks okay.

I'll probably give them all a try eventually, but I'm always finding ways to be inspired to play my next game, which includes what other people say.
#6ShmittlesThePoePosted 2/10/2010 12:38:37 AM
assuming you still have enough equipment to play Gamecube games on your wii:

Skies of Arcadia Legends

this game is an absolute masterpiece. The characters, the music, the very world itself is a thing of beauty that just about anyone who's played it will attest to.

As for ToS2... it's a rather hit and miss game with an even heavier miss rate for people who've played ToS1. For a tales game in general, I found it very disappointing, but being directly tied to ToS1 just made it that much more of a disappointment because they raised its bar for potential so high. Some people liked it, I most certainly did not.

---
That is merely logic. People are not moved by logic. ~Mithos
#7FeiBenaresPosted 2/10/2010 12:41:49 AM
Skies of Arcadia Legends
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Currently playing: Tales of Phantasia (GBA), Animal Crossing (DS)
#8SocialNekuPosted 2/10/2010 5:58:56 AM
^I loved ToS. I tried ToP shortly before it, didn't love it. Thinking about playing ToD and/or ToD2 soon. What do you say about that?

The images I've seen of ToD look horrible, but if the game is good enough I can overcome that. ToD2 looks okay.

I'll probably give them all a try eventually, but I'm always finding ways to be inspired to play my next game, which includes what other people say.

depends.. you´re playing original Destiny ? (aka psx), or the Director Cut Version ? if is ToD: DC then you´re going to get a blast with the game (especially if you have just played Team Symphonia games) ToD 2 wasn´t exactly one of my favourites but is worth to play, besides it has Judas....JUDAS!
#9AAHyrulePosted 2/10/2010 9:52:02 AM
I second the Baten Kaitos series (two GCN games). While I consider Symphonia a favorite of mine, I consider the Baten Kaitos games absolute masterpieces. It would be a shame for an RPG fan not to get the chance to try them.
---
"By Zeus! What kind of jackassery is this? - Professor Whitman, Community
#10Link484Posted 2/10/2010 10:23:48 AM
Well, I'd suggest the Final Fantasy series if you want well written RPG's but the main series isn't on either the Wii or the PC.

Also Golden Sun on the GBA is similar to the Tales game in many ways (graphics and music style, puzzles, story).