This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any games like this?

#1AresWarriorPosted 2/12/2010 7:53:09 AM
i have a 4 day weekend and i'm looking for a good new rpg to play.

Here's some good rpgs I've already played:

-Tales of symphonia
-Final fantasy 10
-Star Ocean 3
-Pokemon / Digimon
-Paper Mario / MarioLuigi super star saga

here's a list of some rpgs i dont want:

-TOS2
-Star Ocean 4
-Other tales games (i can't really get into other tales games for some reason)
-Xenosaga (i think it was an rpg, i havent played much of it)
-Pokemon games (the new games suck)

and theres probably some other games i'm forgetting. oh and i like strategy games too, but can any of you give me some good rpgs to play?
---
--
-
#2JackelofAHPosted 2/12/2010 10:37:04 AM
If you haven't, try some of the Shin Megami Tensei games, they tend to be good if not a bit hard. Persona 4 is usually considered to be the easiest one available to the U.S. market, and it's only like 30 bucks on amazon right now.
---
Currently playing: Persona 3:FES The Journey Hard Max Social Link, Devil Survivor: Kaido's Path, Tales of the Abyss Hard
#3Flare_Dragon123Posted 2/12/2010 11:16:22 AM
The Shin Megami Tensei games are some of the greatest RPGs ever made, they are really unique and offer some not so typical placement and storylines.

Plus there's so many of them!

Other than that, also for the PS2 is the .hack series, specifically speaking the G.U. branch. If you've never seen the animes or played the games you'll still be able to follow the storyline as the game branches off into a seperate storyline. They are very good, and there are three of them to boot, and then four more if you want to get into Quarantine which is the series that came before... and lets not even get into the animes and mangas.

But those are just RPGs, if you're looking for games like this, there's the tales series. And you've said you haven't been able to get into any, but that raises the questions of which other ones have you tried?

I tried playing Phantasia, and I could NOT get into that game at all. Then I played Tales of Vesperia and it was enjoyable as well, though not as great as symphonia is.
---
"Religion is the opiate of the masses."
~ Karl Marx
#4snake_5036Posted 2/12/2010 12:32:22 PM
Tales of Vesperia

Golden Sun series

Can't think of much else that I've played and is good besides Phantasia. But I don't know what the hell to do at the port city so I can't give it an accurate rating.
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:24....500th posts: 2
#5Flare_Dragon123Posted 2/12/2010 1:10:49 PM
Completely forgot about Golden Sun, that was a good couple of games, though the difficulty curve coming from the first one to the second smacks you in the face like a frozen tuna.

If you haven't, and this reccomendation was inevitable, you should check out the overblown FF series, as they're actually good games.
---
"Religion is the opiate of the masses."
~ Karl Marx
#6Freakwave003Posted 2/12/2010 3:32:42 PM
Suikoden V
---
Your arrogance offends me.
PSN and Gamertag: Xenosnake
#7BrightShield786Posted 2/13/2010 9:09:23 PM
I recommend the Lunar series. Lunar 2 in particular is my favorite game.

---
"Cell from Dragonball Z is an extremely deep character" - Vegeta1000
#8ShmittlesThePoePosted 2/13/2010 9:54:40 PM
Skies of Arcadia
---
That is merely logic. People are not moved by logic. ~Mithos
#9helldewPosted 2/16/2010 5:35:36 PM
Completely forgot about Golden Sun, that was a good couple of games, though the difficulty curve coming from the first one to the second smacks you in the face like a frozen tuna.

what on earth are you talking about nothing about either GS game is that hard.
#10Zero_Saber_XPosted 2/16/2010 6:32:22 PM
Star Ocean 3.

Skies of Arcadia

In what way? That it's a slow-as-hell turn-based RPG with a high random encounter rate, the exact opposite of Tales?
---
~Durango~
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/rascalous/PhoenixWrightPS3Sales.gif