This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GRADE Shop questions

#1JustThrowMoneyPosted 6/21/2010 8:53:05 PM
I'll be starting a New Game+ soon, but I want to know more about the stuff I can buy. I have about 3,100 GRADE to play with.

30 Items (500 GRADE)
The price seems really high, but does it end up being worth it? The ability to carry more food items seems like a definite plus for buying this.

Battle Info (10 GRADE)
Other than keeping your kill count for the Devil's Arms, does it do anything else useful?

Combos (50 GRADE)
This is one of those EXP bonuses. I really have no idea how it works or how it could be useful. Can someone walk me though it? >_>

Grade (100 GRADE)
I always buy this, but I'm just wondering how much it multiplies your GRADE earnings.

Increase Tension (100 GRADE)
The main thing I'm wondering: Does this make Sheena some kind of killing machine with her summons, or does it make more problems than it solves since bosses can go into Overlimit easier?

Help for any of these would be great, and help for all of them would be awesome :D
#2sonics_reignPosted 6/21/2010 9:00:36 PM
30 Items is alright. It's more of a convenience thing though.

Other than keeping your kill count for the Devil's Arms, does it do anything else useful?

I believe that's the one that keeps your tech usage so yes, it's very useful.

This is one of those EXP bonuses. I really have no idea how it works or how it could be useful. Can someone walk me though it? >_>

In each battle the exp of the battle is multiplied for every 10 hits in your highest combo. It works like this.
10 hit combo= normal exp
20 hit combo= 2x exp
30 hit combo= 3x exp
and so on. Personally I feel it's quite overpowered since later on you'll get 50 hit combos no problem but if you want to be at a high level it's quite cheap.

I always buy this, but I'm just wondering how much it multiplies your GRADE earnings.

Multiplies your grade and the grade cap in each battle by 2. The cap in Normal mode is 20, 40 in hard, and 60 in mania with this.

The main thing I'm wondering: Does this make Sheena some kind of killing machine with her summons, or does it make more problems than it solves since bosses can go into Overlimit easier?

I'm not sure how much it helps but in my experience it helps bosses way more than it helps you. Fighting Abyssion when he goes into overlimit 12 times is quite irritating.
---
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2369/happinessgz8.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9241/285991zoom.gif
#3Element-17Posted 6/21/2010 9:17:01 PM
Battle Info is primarily for the Devil's Arms and if you want to know how many encounters or what your highest combo was. Tech Usage is the Tech Usage option for 25 Grade.

Combo Experience is if you want a challenge. If you are good at combos, you'll gain more experience than even with 10x Experience IIRC. Otherwise, you'll be seriously underleveled and should just stick with 1/2x Experience if you find it too difficult.

In my opinion, enemies already have an unfair advantage with Overlimit, so I find increasing Tension helps us more than them. You're smart enough to stay away from an enemy during the Overlimit regardless. Plus Sheena's a lot more useful with her summons and Indignation Judgment is really uncommon.
---
Why bother making a signature?
#4JustThrowMoney(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 9:20:01 PM
I believe that's the one that keeps your tech usage so yes, it's very useful.

Actually, the one that keeps your tech usage is called Tech Usage (it's late, though, so I understand) >_>

In each battle the exp of the battle is multiplied for every 10 hits in your highest combo.

Dear goodness, that can get really broken really fast! I'll probably pass on it this playthough, but thanks for the info!

Fighting Abyssion when he goes into overlimit 12 times is quite irritating.

I'll avoid it like the plague, then!

Thanks for the super fast response, sonic! :D
#5JustThrowMoney(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 9:29:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6JustThrowMoney(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 9:30:12 PM
If you are good at combos, you'll gain more experience than even with 10x Experience IIRC.

Yeah. I read something about leveling up Collete from Lv. 6 to Lv. 250 in one battle >_>;
#7CyllyaPosted 6/21/2010 10:25:58 PM
Increase Tension (might be better understood as Decrease Tension requirements for OL) cuts you tension requirement for Over Limit to roughly 2/3 of its original value.

Sheena's tension requirement changes from 56 to 38. So you just need to get hit 38 times without dying to Over Limit. Food works by percentage, so it will still take the same 10 rice balls.

---
Tales Website: http://aselia.cjb.net(Update: Nov 03)
Other Cool Site: http://www.apostolicrestorationmission.4t.com/
#8JustThrowMoney(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2010 1:14:53 PM
Food works by percentage, so it will still take the same 10 rice balls.

Didn't know that before, so thanks for the tip.

Also, I was leafing through kratos15354's FAQ not too long ago, and it stated the following:

When you load the save you made after the credits, you will be taken to the Grade Shop before starting a new game. The grade you have to spend in the Grade Shop looks something like this:

Total grade at the end of the playthrough
+ 1000 grade for beating the game
+ Any grade you spent in the Grade Shop (only applies if you went to the Grade Shop before you started the game you just now beat)

The part that I put in bold...is that true?! If so, then I'm totally going to buy 10x EXP.
#9supergodinezPosted 6/22/2010 2:05:30 PM
Comboing to 10 at the beggining of the game is almost impossible. (This means, when the party is only formed by Lloyd and Genis)

And if you want to get the most EXP out of this, put everyone's attack strategy to 'Attack same'.
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: 3910-5719-4571
Rock Band 2 FC: 1532 6278 0195
#10Kureejii LeaPosted 6/22/2010 3:07:04 PM
The part that I put in bold...is that true?! If so, then I'm totally going to buy 10x EXP.

Yeah, everything you've spent there is refunded.
---
Summoning of Spirits - The Tales Music Remix Project
http://tales.ocremix.org/ Over fifty free tracks from ToS and ToP!