what is the preferred weapon tree for all the weapons?

#1finaltaru2Posted 4/30/2009 6:25:24 PM
assume im just trying to level up the original weapons given to you.
at what point should i begin to use a new weapon?

i love this game, but the weapon system is really unforgiving.
#2AebleskiverPosted 5/1/2009 9:45:59 PM
The weapon system is not unforgiving. There is no way you can actually screw up a weapon.
---
How's the weather up there ON YOUR THRONE OF LIES!
#3lossoldiersPosted 5/2/2009 11:34:30 AM
yeah, mostly because they have the same attack stats ( and some of them don't)
#4dragons879Posted 5/2/2009 8:24:27 PM
"The weapon system is not unforgiving. There is no way you can actually screw up a weapon."

OBJECTION! *prepares for courtroom battle*

*slams desk* *points finger*

You say that you can't actually screw up a weapon!? TRY LEVELING UP A SERPENT SLICER TO A 7 BRANCH SWORD!!! It has strict requirements that take 3 chapters to fufil using many gems, and you end with a sword that can't be built up, and has a strength cap at 170!

Your honor, this sword is clearly guilty of perjury!!!!

TAKE THAT!
---
" "I made Objection respond to Erection, Election, Subjection, and Rejection"
*slams desk* *points finger* ERECTION!"
#5AndvareelPosted 5/2/2009 11:41:18 PM
Hmm? The 7 Branch Sword is MASSIVELY more powerful than any other tier 6 weapon... and actually, it's more powerful than tier 7 weapons. In fact, due to the enemy kill requirements, it's not a bad idea to make it on purpose. It's extremely powerful for when it becomes available, and by the time you actually hit the cap, you should be at the point where making a new weapon from scratch is relatively painless.
#6dragons879Posted 5/3/2009 12:13:05 AM
OBJECTION!

....Screw it...No phoenix wright fans in the room? Normal arguements? No courtroom battles? Fine. Have it your way.

I disagree. The 7 branch sword is undeniably a kickass weapon, but leveling up the serpent slicer is absolutely grueling. By...Actually not even close to the end, the slicer sucks against all enemies.

Don't get me wrong, the 7 branch sword is my favorite weapon in all of dark cloud 2 (also because of phoenix wright), but it would be a lot better if it could be built up, and it's horrible at zelmite mines. Therefore...

If you build up to it, it is a dead end weapon path, and the prosecution even stated that you would have to build up another sword all over again!

TAKE THAT!

(oops, got carried away)
---
" "I made Objection respond to Erection, Election, Subjection, and Rejection"
*slams desk* *points finger* ERECTION!"
#7Moe_LesterPosted 5/3/2009 1:17:17 AM
I amit that building the Serpent Slicer you get from Lin into the 7 Branch Sword is the worst idea but a 7Brancher from a Tier 1 weapon kicks ass. But i have to go with Muramasa. Its speed OWNS anything.
---
vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=4008383 - 106k -
For extreme laughs watch this, no nudity but ALOT of swearing and laughter.
#8AebleskiverPosted 5/3/2009 8:43:47 AM
Well once you hit the 7 branch sword wall you can just fuse the 7 branch sword with your new sword and try again. It's not really that unforgiving.
---
How's the weather up there ON YOUR THRONE OF LIES!