Weapon Shop Question

#1knightblazer85Posted 7/23/2013 10:44:33 AM
If I see a specific weapon in one shop (say a Ranger Edge +2 in the lowsector weapon shop) am I going to see that weapon for sale at any of the shops further down the path of the game?

in addition here's a fun fact. if you do a sol: reset the new weapon shop list is made when the save is made
#2Bag_SanPosted 7/23/2013 11:43:05 AM
I'd like to know that too. From what I've seen it's entirely random what you get. For example I started two new games recently (ditched one because I messed up a short way in) and both times the weapons girl had different stuff on sale at the two locations I visited.
---
---
I made a mistake in my sig, how do I get this Tippex off the screen...?
#3knightblazer85(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 12:43:37 PM
well the only way to be sure would be to make a record of some weapons from one weapon shop and see if they appear in later shops. I just figured I could ask if somebody else knew before I started into my cheated save file properly. I've got the save set up with maximum zenny and party exp, along with some skills that are hard to come by and specific to some weapons and shields

namely: fang, brainquake, crimson raid, violet death, great smash, keep at it, kyrie, death, and the shield skills for damage reduction physical, magic, universal, and willguard.

all that's left to do is use an armax code to max out ryu's d ratio
#4DavidK5Posted 7/23/2013 12:44:12 PM
Each shop has a set of lists that it can possibly have, and each shop's list is determined randomly for every playthrough. The FAQ by Lancet explains it more.
---
This is the combustion hotline. To explode, press one now.
...../ o...U \... Watch me play BoF3 at www.twitch.tv/davidk519
#5LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:49:38 PM
Note that the lists in my guide are only a few of the potential lists each shop can have. There are many more that exist, especially for later shops that sell some of the highest-level copies of certain items I've found (like some of Ryu's masers).

I'm not sure what governs which list is chosen for each shop, though. I feel it might have something to do with # of retries, though. My old file had hundreds, and I know I found a good diversity of shops (but even over 10+ replays on that file, only a couple lists for each shop). My new file is Retry=Clear, and my shop selection has been woefully narrow, especially for later shops.

Maybe certain variables in a playthrough affect the shop selection in the next. Maybe, even, what Regents you kill? That's actually an interesting theory, as I usually kill C, then V, as they are the most profitable (and simplest). I'll have to investigate that sometime.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#6knightblazer85(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:53:16 PM
yeah I figured that cause I did one last sol: restore to get one last skill I needed (made a mistake on the code entry) and when I loaded up the save to check the gear there was no change from the previous list. so that tells me that each shop has several set lists of gear so if I manipulate the equipment set of 1 shop, I manipulate all of them, and by my count there are 3 sets in the lowsector shop (I know this because the first weapon is always a +2 ranger edge, followed by either a mandu blade, strong sword or a buster sword) meaning there should be 3 sets in each shop outside the fairy colony.

does that sound right?
#7LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 7/23/2013 2:00:24 PM(edited)
knightblazer85 posted...
yeah I figured that cause I did one last sol: restore to get one last skill I needed (made a mistake on the code entry) and when I loaded up the save to check the gear there was no change from the previous list. so that tells me that each shop has several set lists of gear so if I manipulate the equipment set of 1 shop, I manipulate all of them, and by my count there are 3 sets in the lowsector shop (I know this because the first weapon is always a +2 ranger edge, followed by either a mandu blade, strong sword or a buster sword) meaning there should be 3 sets in each shop outside the fairy colony.

does that sound right?

I guess it does, though I dunno, each shop could be determined separately. And some shops share some (if not all) potential lists, such as the shops at the beginning and end of CorpLab.

Speaking of, if you ever get an item list in a shop that is not in my guide, PLEASE PLEASE post it, or email it to me. This goes for each specific shop, so even if the item list is in another shop, if the specific one in my guide doesn't have it listed, mention it anyways. I need the item list (in the order shown in the game) and the price of the item.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#8knightblazer85(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 3:17:13 PM
that shouldn't be a problem. I spend most of my time at my pc these days when i'm playing rpg's so it shouldn't be too hard to run up a list.

and i'll also try to determine over the next few playthrus if the shop lists are all predetermined from the same set with each sol restart. I'll do that by manipulating the starting shopset in lowsector at the start of my next playthru with a sol: reset if I start with the same list that I have now on my next run
#9knightblazer85(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 6:00:58 AM
ok folks. having checked out a few breath of fire 5 playthrus on youtube and compared them to my own notes. i can now confirm that the contents of each weapon shop is randomly determined individually. thus far i've counted 4 different equipment sets for the endsector borough weapon shop. however i think that may be an anomaly because there is 1 set that's purely armor and another that's purely weapons.

but that doesnt mean i'm gonna stop gathering the data on the weapon shops.
#10Bag_SanPosted 7/27/2013 8:58:19 AM
@ LancetJades: I found the following in the Midsector shop. Don't know whether you have these - they're all shields:

Solid Guard (Ryu) 2400z
Astral Guard (Ryu) 2400z
Bari Shell (Ryu) 5000z
Solid Loop (Nina) 2400z
Astral Loop (Nina) 2400z
Bari Ring (Nina) 5000z
Gold Arc (Nina) 3200z
Solid Bangle (Lin) 2400z
Astra Bangle (Lin) 2400z
Bari Ribbon (Lin) 5000z

I couldn't see a similar list in your FAQ but if you know this already just ignore.
---
---
I made a mistake in my sig, how do I get this Tippex off the screen...?