Metal Gear Ray Extreme help!

#1sethbouldinPosted 9/24/2010 1:40:47 AM

Are there any obscure tips that helped you guys out? I know to throw chaffs and the leg/mouth combo but that's it (I also have the Brown Wig.)

So yeah, any off-the-wall strategies that helped?

#2joe042293Posted 9/24/2010 5:16:48 PM
Not really. I never even used chaffs. Sometimes it can help to fire another rocket at one of them before the targetting reticules reappear on them. As long as they reappear in the time between the rocket being fired and it hitting its target, it still counts as a hit. Also, attacking several at once instead of one at a time can mean that you have fewer attacks hitting you, since they're busy recoiling and such.

---
One of the Dedicated 500 - #215, #347
-- 10th person to sign up --
#3SnakePosted 9/26/2010 5:14:07 AM
Keep running around the perimeter getting shots in. That's how I did it.
---
"Without competition the world does not turn around. It just stands still and gets stale."
#4joe042293Posted 9/26/2010 8:33:59 AM
Damn, nice username.

---
One of the Dedicated 500 - #215, #347
-- 10th person to sign up --
#5Mr_Big_BossPosted 9/26/2010 2:57:35 PM
A good strategy is to get up really close to the Ray on the stage. This will prevent the other Ray's from firing missiles at you.

Then you run away from the Ray in front of you as it fires it's laser from it's mouth. This part will take some practice.

Then you quickly fire a stinger into it's open mouth and quickly aim to a nearby Ray and hit it's knee cap and mouth before the Ray in front of you fires again.

Repeat until all are gone.

watch some vids on youtube by AnonymityHope to see the strategy in action.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...