Petition to Stop Microsoft from deactivating Original Xbox live and games!

#1bobbyh15Posted 2/7/2010 1:48:40 AM
Just recently around February 5th, 2010, Microsoft announced they would be deactivating Xbox Live on the original xbox, included that original xbox live games also can NOT be played on the Xbox 360. The shut down is ready for April 15th 2010.

This is extremely corrupt and terrible to others around the world who only have enough money for just an original Xbox, with that they may not have the money to afford an Xbox 360. Something must be done.

Petition:
We, the people who sign this petition, will request Microsoft NOT to shut down Original Xbox live and keep it up and running for ages to come.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-microsoft-from-deactivating-original-xbox-live-and-games.html
#2Obsessed117Posted 2/8/2010 6:19:40 PM
Silly silly console gamers

This is why PC gamers use player controlled dedicated servers. The community decides when the game goes down, not the company. Console gamers can't do anything about microsoft shutting down the service that they, the company, runs.
---
I am the only person to have ever played "shockwave assault" for the PC :(
#3OaklandRaiderzPosted 2/8/2010 8:07:07 PM
its a nice thought, but im already prepared to make the switch to the pc version. after so many years, its coming to an end. RIP CS
---
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V///
#4Obsessed117Posted 2/9/2010 11:17:25 AM
I just don't understand why people bought this xbox version in the first place. CS 1.6 can be run by nearly every computer made in the late 90s

By 2003 then every computer could run this game on high.

I mean really guys, heres the recommended system reqs:

System: PII 333 or equivalent
RAM: 64 MB RAM
Video Memory: 4 MB VRAM
3D Sound Card: Yes

While these specs were somewhat impressive in 1998, they were crap in 2003 and everyone had at least a pentium 3 or pentium 4 by then (or an AMD athlon 64, even better).

And please, please no one say anything to do with "big tv" or "controller" because you can use both of those with your PC if you really want to(which most people won't because a small monitor and m&k are better for an fps game)
---
I am the only person to have ever played "shockwave assault" for the PC :(