Twinkling sound

#1spincrPosted 5/7/2012 1:37:31 PM
It might be an obvious question for most people but those twinkles, what exactly do they (pin)-point to? (scarabs or everything that's of interest?)

Thanks in advance.
---
PSN - papapaprika
#2RazorX3Posted 5/11/2012 2:33:30 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/201/508/221435NothingtodoHereGifMadethiscuzIwas2479d82822723.gif

But in all seriousness, what are you even saying? I would like to help answer your question but as is it makes no coherent sense, lol.
---
"Ninja Gaiden is quite possibly the greatest game ever to be brought back"
# of people who agree: 15
#3spincr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 10:55:11 AM
RazorX3 posted...
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/201/508/221435NothingtodoHereGifMadethiscuzIwas2479d82822723.gif

But in all seriousness, what are you even saying? I would like to help answer your question but as is it makes no coherent sense, lol.

When playing the game (any level) there is a specific sound (of bells twinkling) which should or would indicate to something - perhaps that's not the case but that wouldn't make any sense.

So my question is: if it does indicate to something, then what is it?
---
PSN - papapaprika
#4RazorX3Posted 5/17/2012 1:00:10 PM
spincr posted...
RazorX3 posted...

When playing the game (any level) there is a specific sound (of bells twinkling) which should or would indicate to something - perhaps that's not the case but that wouldn't make any sense.

So my question is: if it does indicate to something, then what is it?

hmm, it's definitely been too long since I've played the original NG on xbox admittedly, but I don't recall such a sound. Are you perhaps referring to the Kunai scrolls that Ayane sends you throughout the game? Or perhaps the noise made during the opening chapter screen (that kinda sword slashing sound?)

I dunno what bells and whistles could signify in this game... if you can somehow further elaborate or provide evidence then that should surely help. Also sorry for kinda being an ass in that last post, I just find way too many people on forums not making sense and it drives me mad sometimes, lol.
---
"Ninja Gaiden is quite possibly the greatest game ever to be brought back"
# of people who agree: 17
#5MassacaPosted 5/17/2012 4:44:15 PM
I can't remember anything like you've described.Maybe an item that pops up after a fight or trigger?
Next time you find a scarab, just try moving closer and away from it. See if that's it.
---
"In a world without rules, danmaku is nonsense."
~ Marisa Kirisame
#6GoukiAkujikiPosted 5/18/2012 11:09:00 AM
It's probably just the music.
#7spincr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 6:28:10 AM
In reply to everyone.

I don't think its just the music, but perhaps its the kunai darts and/or golden scarabs. I don't recall finding all scarabs thanks to the sound but atleast 1:) I'll check it out next time.
---
PSN - papapaprika
#8smeech8000Posted 5/31/2012 5:34:11 AM(edited)
You are likely referring to the clink that is made when Ryu takes up the "ready" stance with the Dragon Sword (DS) in hand. This sound is created by the two armlets he wears upon his wrists striking each other. After executing any move, if you let Ryu stand still (without holding L to block), you will hear the singular sound precisely as he moves into the position.

If you use the DS a lot then you will hear this constantly, not just at points where there is loot to be found. At least I don't think there is any sound cue to alert the player to any hidden goodies... it's been a long while since I played me some NGO so I may be mistaken here.