lets talk about the most horrible glitches to happen in this game

#31RajsBabysMamaPosted 3/3/2008 3:02:46 PM
Oh jeesh, I think I got a horrible glitch today. For some reason I CANNOT get the Mr. Whoope mobile's music to come on, therefore I can't sell it's "non dairy products" to the adults of Vice City! Therefore no doing that mission, no getting daily cash from that business, no hope of getting 100% completion, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars!!!!!!!
#32Super Sonic 5Posted 3/3/2008 5:24:33 PM
You're carefully pressing L3, yes?
---
No, the Kokiri were not lesbians! They were immortal. How is that even close? -kirbyvictorious
For my next miracle, Iím going to turn water intoÖ FUNK! - Jesus, Family Guy
#33domhnall4hPosted 3/3/2008 7:15:34 PM
I had that problem with my Mr Whoopie. It finally started hitting L3 repeatedly, and it came on after a few rapid hits.

I think this game doesn't always register L3 properly. I've crouched randomly before, without hitting the left analog at all, and then this. Or it might just be may battered old PS2. I still have the fat *****. Works like a charm though, and my ex wife (or more than likely, her mom) paid for it so it'll do until the PS3 gets enough games to make me want to buy it.

Though with GTA4, GT5, and Ghostbusters, I'm about to break my rule of when to buy a system.
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
#34RajsBabysMamaPosted 3/4/2008 4:00:05 PM
I thought it was R3?? No matter though because I tried both L3 and R3 and just about every other button. :( That damn thing! Grrrr!
#35domhnall4hPosted 3/4/2008 9:35:31 PM
I had to look it up in the controls. :P

Does your L3 work otherwise? Can you crouch?

I can, as long as I don't hit L3. :P I'll get out of a car, particularly in a fire fight, and Tommy will drop down; right in the line of fire. I think he's suicidally depressed.
---
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
#36RajsBabysMamaPosted 3/5/2008 3:43:07 PM
LOL, I've had Tommy crouch out of no where before to! I was trying to run away from a damn cop for a silly one star rating because there was no waaaay I was gonna get caught for one star offense. I mean a one star?! Huff! What do I look like? A newbie?!

But then.... Instead of dodging the cop... HE CROUCHS AND MAKES IT EASY FOR THE NICE MAN IN UNIFORM! WTF?!

Busted. For a lousy one star. The shame. *shakes head*

I don't know, all I can think of is maybe in my haste to quickly evade the cop that seemed to magically spawn next to Tommy outta nowhere, I *might* have smashed the L3 button... Maybe... But short of going back in time and seeing if actually I did or not... yeah.. GLITCH!!!!!! It's the games fault. Not mine. :p

I went ahead and started a new game and rushed through the minimun possible amount of missions until I could buy the Cherry Poppin' Daddy Factory and this time the music started up for me. I did need to press it a couple of times, but it worked. Just in case though, I did not want to risk having to try and do the mission again so I did the "hum cheatery" way through it and parked that bad boy in front of the Paint N Spray at the docks. Lots of customers, no freakin' gang members, and when a cop goes for the door I gas two feet it into the garage and Tada! The stupid cop walks away. Haha.

I like to fight my through it more and battle the law and gangs but damn, with that music acting up.... I just didn't want to risk it not working again if I couldn't do it in one go. :(