This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got this. How long will it take to beat?

#1LochtielPosted 2/11/2008 7:05:15 PM
I never played a GTA game before so I'm not exactly sure how it works, if there's a last boss or anything, but how long would it take to go through and beat the game and see the credits? I don't play games for 100% completion, just to beat the last boss, so no need to say like 150 hours or something because I certainly won't go that long >_>
---
#2Syko_darksidePosted 2/11/2008 7:12:16 PM
It takes me 11 hours to beat the main missions but I've beaten this game so many times. I'm guessing about 30 + hour if it's your first time playing thru.
---
Proud Leader of the PAC (People Against Cena)
"Let's put a smile on that face" - The Joker
#3CarnaliaBarcusPosted 2/12/2008 4:48:58 AM
Right, it's going to take you awhile if it's your first time through a GTA game. Expect to use the FAQ here a lot . . . and maybe some of the cheat codes.

The GTA games get a bit easier as you play more, and replay them. Not easy. But easier than your first time.
#4Fig455Posted 2/26/2008 5:18:47 AM
gta III is the toughest game by far..
#5c_w15Posted 2/26/2008 4:44:46 PM
There really isnt a boss battle, just a final mission, and dont use cheat codes and save, they'll mess up your game, and since it is your first one you will probably need to use the guides on here, and finally, you will definitly want to keep playing after you beat it.
---
Chuck Norris jokes arent funny.
#6Lochtiel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2008 3:35:58 AM
I started it tonight and it is awesome O_O
---
Atheism is flawless! You can see things evolving all the time!
When a chicken lays an egg, it evolves into a chicken! EVOLUTION! ~ Atheist Antonio
#7CstevenJPosted 2/28/2008 8:22:39 PM
and dont use cheat codes and save, they'll mess up your game

</false statement>
I've never had a problem with cheats and neither have a lot of people here.
#8AzyiuPosted 2/28/2008 11:17:40 PM
^ his statement is not entirely incorrect... it depends on what cheat(s) you use. Say, cheats like aggressive peds would definitely mess up your game. You can STILL reach a 100%, but it would be needlessly difficult to do.
#9Lochtiel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2008 4:48:56 AM
Sweet. Finished the story last night, did the rest of the missions tonight :)

Not going to do all that pizza and ambulance business (well most likely not, we'll see how easy it is), but I did do the vigilante ones. Dunno if I'll find all packages either. I got 32 so far IIRC. Might as well, I like exploring the city, but according to the FAQ the Haitian gang is going to maul me everytime they see me so we'll see :/
---
Atheism is flawless! You can see things evolving all the time!
When a chicken lays an egg, it evolves into a chicken! EVOLUTION! ~ Atheist Antonio