This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Taxi Mission - Destination "The Marina"

#1j00MamasFacialPosted 2/15/2009 2:33:28 PM
I just started today on VC and I'm going to beat it 100%. So I'm using some guide and I'm trying to do the taxi missions, except I want to get all 100 fares at once. Anyway, the problem is that it seems they give you an impossible amount of time to make it to the marina. I almost always get a speed bonus and I was one my 11th fare and they give me 38 seconds to make it to the marina when I am at the pizza place in Vice Point. I thought you kept your time on the taxi missions but I had 1:42 when I picked the guy up and then it just lowered to 38 seconds. I mean I floor it all the time and I almost never wreck but yet it still seems impossible. Any thoughts?
---
PSN: j00_Mamas_Facial
GTA III - 100%, GTA: Vice City - 98%, GTA: San Andreas - 100%, GTA IV - 87%.
#2bfriezePosted 2/15/2009 10:33:36 PM
It should keep adding to your time, instead of resetting for each passenger regardless. Sometimes it doesn't give you more time, but I haven't seen it reset for a new passenger.
#3JBear427Posted 2/16/2009 5:05:17 AM
Yeah, that's new for me too. I usually do them on the West Side, everything is easy to get to there.
---
M.o.F.a.T. Inc.
#4Nukey_ShayPosted 2/18/2009 8:10:57 PM
Yup...West side. It's easy to get to even in a new game (there are game glitches to exploit), and traffic turning onto the highway will be limited due to the blocked-off bridges.

Regardless, the taxi mission does not need to be completed all at once, so just restart for the next fare. Once you have the mission completed, there's an even easier glitch to get to the West island (use it's hydraulics to jump -through- the Northern pier gate and land on the dock).

Never heard of that glitch before, tho. Fares always add time for me.
#5j00MamasFacial(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2009 11:39:46 AM
I'm not a fan of glitches. I play the game as it is intended to be played (sort of). I never get busted, wasted, fail a mission, do a mission twice, cheat or use glitches. And I do NEED to do all the taxi missions at once because I won't continue to play until I do. I was just asking if anyone had heard about that before because it's done it to me like 3 times now.
---
#6JBear427Posted 2/19/2009 3:29:04 PM
I've completed this game 100% no less than twenty times, and the last ten at least I did all the taxi in one go. I've never had this happen that I'm aware of; but then, I really don't spend much time looking at how much time I have left. There's always plenty. It's my understanding that it should be cumulative though, time should never be taken away from you.
---
M.o.F.a.T. Inc.
#7j00MamasFacial(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2009 7:46:53 AM
I don't know if this makes a difference but I have the newest version of the game that was released. I got mad because my save wouldn't work so I deleted it and bought the new version. I don't the latest version would have bugs that the earlier ones did not, but I could be wrong. As a matter of fact, maybe I'm wrong altogether and I just imagined losing time. I will post here if it happens again.
---