corrupt file?

• Topic Archived
5 years ago#1
is there any possible way to get my corrupt file back???i really dont ant to start all over again and do cowboys irritating missions....ive tried copying it onto a different memory card.it dont work
---
Steam: Elentier. Xfire:PepsiPwnsCoke
MW2: ^4AC130 ABOVE
5 years ago#2
is there any possible way to get my corrupt file back???
None that I know of

i really dont ant to start all over again and do cowboys irritating missions
One, 'cowboys irritating missions'? That's Avery Carrington you're talking about and he's awesome, and what's wrong with his missions anyway (apart from causing the Little Havana Outfit Glitch)
Two, unless you're going for 100% completion you don't need to complete his missions. You can complete the storyline without them.

....ive tried copying it onto a different memory card.it dont work
I can't imagine that ever working. It's a corrupt file. Copying it will simply duplicate the corruption. Did you save at Cherry Poppers by any chance?
5 years ago#3
yup....other games that have corrupt files,copy to other memory card and it worked.but man that was a fast response!!!anyone got msn?(mainly u)and i was like 60% through the game and i hate averys missons but they were the only missions i could do at times(the only option)
---
5 years ago#4
yup....other games that have corrupt files,copy to other memory card and it worked.but man that was a fast response!!!anyone got msn?(mainly u)and i was like 60% through the game and i hate averys missons but they were the only missions i could do at times(the only option)

Don't have MSN, sorry, and about the memory card thing, I can only say that I clearly don't really understand the mechanics about copying properly.
I don't want to depress you further, but if you had 60% and had only Avery's missions as an option, then you'd either already beaten the storyline, or you hadn't figured out how to develop the Assets (meaning you'd completed an awful lot of the peripheral stuff), so I can understand your pain. On the other hand, starting over shouldn't be too bad. Once you've done most of the missions once, they're a breeze the next time round.
5 years ago#5
except the fact theres no inf health D: im so used to gta sa graphics and gameplay....i recently beat gta sa so im hopng to do the same with vc
---
5 years ago#6
except the fact theres no inf health D: im so used to gta sa graphics and gameplay....i recently beat gta sa so im hopng to do the same with vc

You won't get infinite health for beating the storyline. You won't even get it for getting 100% (you'll get a boost though). In fact, although there's a fair few rewards for 100%, I can't think of any just for beating the storyline, other than any rewards you get for completing the missions involved
5 years ago#7
ye i read the cheat section before.but theres no inf health cheat D: or no cops cheat D: oh well,i can try.time to go start a "riot"
---
5 years ago#8
I think I might have misunderstood your earlier post about infinite health. In all seriousness, you don't need it (for the missions at least). Most of the missions have 'exploits' or 'tricks' to make them absurdly easy without even using cheats (true of all GTAs, with the possible exception of GTA III, though even that's got plenty of missions that meet those criteria). That's part of the charm of the series, in my opinion, and one which, again in my opinion, makes GTA: IV in some ways a step backwards - the massive amount of scripting in missions takes away the fun (and skill, and creativity) involved in devising clever or sneaky ways around troublesome missions.
Anyway, enjoy your riot
5 years ago#9
lol flyyin through these missions.i really want gta III and gta IV.ive never once played in liberty city
---
5 years ago#10
Ah, I see. You're actually playing through it again right now, hence the 'riot'. I told you the missions were easier second time round

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived