This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Missing unique jumps

#1ChristopheePosted 4/22/2013 6:10:20 AM
I've recently gone back to a really old save file which was on 85%, and decided to try and get to 100%. Before I returned to the game, I was on 17 unique jumps, and I am now up to 32, and I cannot work out which ones I am missing. I have gone through them all several times, and I cannot work out whether I have already done them or whether I'm doing them wrong.

What I could really do with is a guide that details exactly how each jump is passed or failed, as most guides seem to be quite vague which makes it difficult to tell whether I'm doing it right or not.

I know this is a really bad way to go for 100%, but I don't really feel like doing everything again from scratch.
---
Christophee Cougars: 313 Fantasy NFL Second Place (2010) & Third Place (2008 & 2011)
#2Christophee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:15:20 AM
I watched some videos of how to do the jumps, and found three that I was doing wrong, which I have now done to take me up to 35 out of 36. I really have no idea which one I'm missing though. Does anybody know of any jumps that people find particularly hard to trigger? Maybe ones where you need to land in a really exact location to make it count.
---
Christophee Cougars: 313 Fantasy NFL Second Place (2010) & Third Place (2008 & 2011)
#3Christophee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:47:53 PM
Having looked through a few forums and comments, it seems that the jump people have most trouble with is #24 on the Brady Guide, which requires you to drive up the staircase from which you have to protect Diaz in 'Guardian Angels'. I focused all my efforts on that jump and, after at least 20 attempts, I finally managed to get enough distance off the jump to trigger the bonus. So I finally have all 36 jumps completed and I'm on 98%. I think I only have the store robberies left now for 100%, unless I've overlooked something.
---
#4Nukey_ShayPosted 4/24/2013 7:12:09 AM
You've overlooked something. My guess would be the replay of the Ammu-Nation challenge (must be done outside of "The Shootist" to earn rapid-reload).
#5Christophee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:40:39 AM
Nukey_Shay posted...
You've overlooked something. My guess would be the replay of the Ammu-Nation challenge (must be done outside of "The Shootist" to earn rapid-reload).

I'm pretty sure you're right. I was watching a 100% Let's Play of Vice City recently, and that was first I heard of getting the rapid reload ability, so I very much doubt I've done it. I'm just about to do all the robberies now, and then I'll try the shooting range. Hopefully that'll be enough to secure my first 100% on this game.
---
#6Christophee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 9:12:48 AM
You were absolutely right about the shooting range. I've done it and now I have 100% on GTA III, Vice City and LCS. Thanks for the advice.

Is it just me or are the bodyguards you get next to useless? I had a massive shootout with the Haitians and the cops, and the bodyguards probably killed about three people in 10 minutes or so.
---