This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is better:GTA Vice City or GTA III?

#1GothamsSaviorPosted 4/18/2014 9:01:25 PM
I think Vice City is better.You can buy houses,get new outfits,AND FLY A FREAKIN' CHOPPER!Which do you think is better? Nintendo 64 4 Life!~GothamsSavior.
#2ChristopheePosted 4/20/2014 11:41:59 AM
Objectively I'd say that Vice City is better, but I've always had a soft spot for III. There's something about the atmosphere of Liberty City which I think fits the genre so well.
---
Christophee Cougars: The 313ers Second Place (2010) & Third Place (2008 & 2011)
Christophee Coyotes: The 313ers Legacy Third Place (2013)
#3GothamsSavior(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 11:46:47 AM
GTA III Would've been WAY cooler if you can fly a chopper...By the way,how do you get on that island with a lighthouse in GTA III?I've always wanted to explore that one spot.
---
Nintendo 64 4 Life!~GothamsSavior.
#4ChristopheePosted 4/21/2014 4:39:18 AM(edited)
It's not accessible in GTA III (you just slide off if you attempt to access it), but it is in LCS. They set a rather important mission on that island.
---
#5GothamsSavior(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 7:25:44 AM
I allways thought that a hidden package was on there so I never stopped trying to access that lighthouse...
---
#6ChristopheePosted 4/21/2014 7:29:34 AM
There is one there in LCS, but not III.
---
#7GothamsSavior(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 7:36:19 AM
I need to get Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories...heard they're really good...
---
#8Nukey_ShayPosted 4/28/2014 4:36:16 AM
The lighthouse in III can be reached via Dodo or Speeder...I don't know of any other vehicle to work (at least, without involving cheating in any way).

The Dodo can simply be crash-landed there. The potential problem here is that you have no control of it as this is occurring (so you have a high chance of flipping into the water instead of being able to step out onto the rock). You can take advantage of the "Taxi Driver" glitch to soft-land the Dodo instead:

- Use a nearby taxi to trigger the mission, and switch with the Dodo as the mission key is still held down.
- Pick up your initial fare that is reasonably close to the lighthouse and has a good area to use as a runway...the long cement Northern border of Portland or under the loading cranes at the shipyard work well.
- Before your fares' timer expires, fly over the flat portion of the lighthouse rock and cancel the mission. This stops all movement and the Dodo will float directly down onto the rock to let the passenger out (allowing you to do the same if your wheels are level).

Using a Speeder is even more trial/error. Look for the small triangular texture piece of rock right at the water surface on the rock. This is visible on the Northern face...directly in the center of where the flat surface exists above (i.e. your intended destination). Go a fair distance away and ram this spot at top speed when the water is calm. If all goes well, it'll push you right up on top of the rock itself.

In any case, staying there is not an option. The game engine will slowly push you off into the water. Obviously, using a Speeder is the only way to both land there as well as escape unharmed.