This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats the earliest point in the story you can get all the hidden packages?

#1PeteisfatPosted 8/19/2014 2:17:24 PM
Anyone?
---
GT: Dash Crapdar
3DS: 2105-8720-9130
#2LancetJadesPosted 8/19/2014 7:16:27 PM
As soon as you have control of Tommy in free roam, which is after the opening cutscenes. You don't even need to exploit glitches.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#3Peteisfat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 4:10:04 AM
if thats true would somebody be able to upload a save for the ps2 classics download version of all the packages collected at the earliest point?
---
#4Peteisfat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 1:12:03 PM
I did it. 100 packages before ever even calling sonny in the beginning. Im going to try and upload it
---
#5GNS1310Posted 9/13/2014 7:05:57 AM
I just started a new game (picked it up on the PSStore for $2.50) and I'm looking for an early Sea Sparrow so I can grab all the packages. Is it available or do I have to do some crazy jumps and whatnot to get all 100?
---
http://media3.giphy.com/media/qwYALpESkAk7u/giphy.gif
#6Norns_FanClubPosted 9/13/2014 7:49:21 AM
Hi GNS1310! The Sea Sparrow spawns behind Ricardo's Mansion as a reward for collecting 80 packages (figures^^). In my personal current package-route I use a PCJ to grab the first 80 and from there the Sea Sparrow to snag the remaining 20 from the rooftops and such. Unfortunately my time got beaten and I'm working on a faster route.

But basically you can take any helicopter to get all packages, you just need to get to them somehow. There are plenty of youTube-clips that show you different ways. The easiest way I think is to use the glitch through the bridge from Prawn Island - from the grass on the left jump through the wall on the side of the bridge where you land on an invisible platform (radar-wise you jump from south to north). Walk a bit underneath the bridge to the west and repeatedly jump until Tommy glitches through the road and you're on the bridge. From there you can take the VCN-chopper, the Police-Helicopter or the Maverick from the Hyman-Condo, if you have the cash to buy it.

My favourite way to skip over is to use a PCJ and the Packer inside the Film-Studio to jump over the wall and onto the bridge. Have fun and I would like to know how it turned out.^^

---
Welcome to our wonderful bakery!
#7GNS1310Posted 9/13/2014 2:00:26 PM
Piece of cake. Jumped from the studios over to the bridge and grabbed a chopper from there.
Had some issues landing in tight spots and had to fly back to grab a new one a couple times.
---
http://media3.giphy.com/media/qwYALpESkAk7u/giphy.gif
#8TheVillageIdiotPosted 9/18/2014 12:50:02 PM
I used the PCJ to jump out of the film studio way back when, and made a 'prep' save to use whenever I wanted to just speed run the story again. Basically did anything I could do before a single mission - taxi, firefighter, paramedic, stunt jumps, packages, etc. Have never used that save, and I don't know if I still have the card i was on. Don't even have my PS2 hooked up anymore. Now I want to dig it out and see...