80gb Ps3

#1StrawHatLustigPosted 4/2/2010 5:58:20 AM
This game looks fantastic but sadly I don't have a PS2 anymore. I do have one of those semi backwards compatible 80gb PS3s though and while most PS2 games I have work on it I do have a few that don't :/ so I was wondering if anybody is playing this on an 80GB PS3 and how well it runs! Thanks in advance!
---
PSN: QuincyHatesYou
#2AkaimizuPosted 4/2/2010 8:07:28 AM
A few people, in topics below, already posted their playing of the game on a PS3. So if you have a BC PS3, you should be good. I don't have a BC PS3, I missed out on the last run of the MGS4 PS3s, that had it. I still have my PS2 to play it on.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#3StrawHatLustig(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2010 8:17:57 AM
yeah I saw that but I wasn't sure if they were playing on a fully backwards compatible 60gb ps3 or the semi 80gb one. Thank you for your response though!
---
PSN: Quincyhatesyou
#4MetalimanPosted 4/2/2010 9:03:26 AM
I'll let you know I have an 80GB PS3 and a PS2 in storage, I won't be updating to firmware 3.21 because I object to them removing a major feature. I'll let you know if it works with the latest firmware before 3.21
#5StrawHatLustig(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2010 9:07:06 AM
thank you very much! I tried asking the same question on the ps3 boards and all they did was tell me the game sucked and then told me other games to play :/ but i appreciate your responses and help!
---
PSN: Quincyhatesyou
#6MetalimanPosted 4/2/2010 9:26:35 AM
I'm stuck at work for 6 more hours before I can go buy it.
#7MetalimanPosted 4/5/2010 6:35:45 AM
Frys did not have the game so I might order it from Amazon. Have any 80GB PS3 users tried playing this yet?
#8SpideyknightPosted 4/5/2010 9:25:12 AM
I have a 60 gig and it works fine. However, I tried it on my friend Matt's 80gig MGS4 ps3 and it works mostly, but during cutscene the bgm skips for a second and then is constantly off beat. It works fine roaming around New York and in regular scenes, but just during cutscenes the BGM gets messed up. Up to you to decide if you can live with that. My boy couldn't, so I lent him my ps2 and honestly, as long as you TV upscales, there's no difference between them.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.