The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Fan Translation for Sakura Wars 1 PC

#1ezeliynPosted 2/11/2012 6:42:16 PM
Hello! I don't know how many of you have played the older games in the Sakura Taisen series or how many of you want to, but I figured this might be of interest to some of you. :) This week a friend and I began a fan translation of the PC port of the first game in the Sakura Taisen series. We're still in the early stages of the project (current progress is limited to a complete script for the first episode and a chunk of translated movie files), but we have the game accepting our English text, and we're currently working at cracking the game's image format with the help of a very kind volunteer who's good with such things.

You can see some early images of our test translation of the first episode here: http://imageshack.us/g/24/saku12.jpg/. My goal as translator is to get through an episode every week or two, so if all goes to plan we'll hopefully have something to release during the summer. I'll keep you posted!
#2ridalnae_drachePosted 2/13/2012 3:26:08 AM
Got the DC versions. Read the translations on GFAQs already...

The project still interests me though, and it's awesome that you're doing it.
---
I'm gonna go butter up my pooper with it real good! ~ choice line courtesy of Corpse Party's Seiko.
http://backloggery.com/drachenmeister
#3skywalker777gfPosted 2/13/2012 5:32:21 PM
Pretty good news. I appreciate on your effort.

BTW, I want to ask how did you even run it. I have the game but it always crash after I start the game.
#4ezeliyn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2012 7:33:30 PM
skywalker777 gf posted...

BTW, I want to ask how did you even run it. I have the game but it always crash after I start the game.

Uh... I just do? :'D I don't know. Don't have any particularly special settings. Just installed on a computer with Windows XP and Japanese code page settings. I wonder why it's not working for you? :(
#5BurntLasagnaPosted 2/16/2012 8:15:56 AM
Hold on a second! Did someone just say Sakura wars fan translation!?
I love this series and I’ve been hoping someone would attempt an English patch for a long time!
(Though I’ve already played the entire series with Kayama’s guides, but still this is awesome!)

I just stumbled across this thread on accident… and that’s not really a good thing.
I made an account here on gamefaq just to say two things, Thank you and that I think you’re publicizing this in the wrong place. Where you should be heading to show this project off is romhacking.net, the holy sanctum of video game translation and hacking. There is definitely a large group of people there that would not only like to know about this project but also a plethora of knowledgeable hackers and translators there as well, that could potentially help you out if you have any questions about anything concerning the project.

I advise you to go make an account on their message board and give shout out about this project on the “Personal Projects” section of their forum.

Thanks again!
#6skywalker777gfPosted 2/16/2012 5:43:18 PM
ezeliyn posted...
skywalker777 gf posted...

Uh... I just do? :'D I don't know. Don't have any particularly special settings. Just installed on a computer with Windows XP and Japanese code page settings. I wonder why it's not working for you? :(

I see. Maybe it because I try to run on vista. Maybe I could try again on win 7.
#7BurntLasagnaPosted 2/20/2012 7:47:54 AM
Just got a news article up on romhacking.net about this.
http://www.romhacking.net
---
- Burnt Lasagna
#8ezeliyn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2012 11:26:04 AM
BurntLasagna posted...
Hold on a second! Did someone just say Sakura wars fan translation!?
I love this series and I’ve been hoping someone would attempt an English patch for a long time!
(Though I’ve already played the entire series with Kayama’s guides, but still this is awesome!)

I just stumbled across this thread on accident… and that’s not really a good thing.
I made an account here on gamefaq just to say two things, Thank you and that I think you’re publicizing this in the wrong place. Where you should be heading to show this project off is romhacking.net, the holy sanctum of video game translation and hacking. There is definitely a large group of people there that would not only like to know about this project but also a plethora of knowledgeable hackers and translators there as well, that could potentially help you out if you have any questions about anything concerning the project.

I advise you to go make an account on their message board and give shout out about this project on the “Personal Projects” section of their forum.

Thanks again!

You're welcome. :D And thanks for the post. Right now I haven't gone out of my way to publicise things because I won't really have time to get cracking on things in full until the start of March. I've casually dropped mention of it wherever I thought it might be of interest, though, and any extra publicity is very welcome! I'll be sure to get you some nicer screenshots to show off once March rolls around and things really get going. :) Thanks for the support and enthusiasm!
#9beach123Posted 2/20/2012 12:06:46 PM
Awesome news!!
#10AnimeNerd25Posted 2/20/2012 3:49:05 PM
I have been trying to find a translation of Sakura Wars 1 for a while now. Thank you very much.