Good mobile suits?

#1Sin JackalPosted 6/5/2010 8:46:39 PM
I'm an older player of this game, so I can use every suit well, and know which ones are the best, but I'm mainly just wanting to open up a discussion about which suits everyone likes using the best.

Obviously we know the "super suits" are good, like the Gundam, Char's Gelgoog, etc. . .but what about the other ones? Well. . .

I really like the Gouf. It's very agile, and up close it's extremely easy to land hits with it. I especially like flying with it. You can sort of hover around in the air easily dodging attacks while closing in, and end up with a one of the Gouf's charging uppercut sword attack before landing. Hovering above the ground is a tactic that can work with any mobile suit, but I find it works very well with the Gouf for some reason. The reaction time and agility of the Gouf seems to be very good unlike some of the other suits. Char's Zaku II is similar in agility, but not quite the same. It's also very, very easy to land the aerial charging melee attack with the Gouf since it homes in nicely and does big damage too.

I also like the Z'Gok. The regular one's fine too, it doesn't have to be Char's Z'Gok. It's good both in the water and on land. It's beam weapon charges back up quicker than the Gundam and Guncannon's beams, though those two suits have more powerful beams with better tracking capability's. Still, the Z'Gok is nice too.

That said, I also like the Guncannon. I feel the Guncannon is really overpowered for the low star level it has. Same with the Guntank to be honest. Those two suits are capable of such high damage, and they have good armor too, with multiple useful weapons. . .and yet they have a low star level. Doesn't really seem to be very balanced, but in any case, the Guncannon is one of the best suits in the game imo. Two super ranged weapons = good.

I kind of like the Gyan, but only on the ground. I dislike battling in space a lot unless it's on ground in space. it's sort of like the Gouf with more power, only the aerial charging attack isn't as accurate, plus no heat rod. But at least the sword combo does huge damage.

Those are the suits I like the best. The ones I like the least are probably the Acguy, the Gogg (which was good in other Gundams like Journey to Jaburo), and the Ball.

How 'bout you guys? If anyone even checks this board anymore :P~
#2BlairvillePosted 6/7/2010 9:01:54 PM
I've been doing Arcade with my brother, we do various challenges usually on comp difficulty 8 (the highest). Computers are psychic when it comes to melee, so I've never bothered getting good with the Gouf. Gyan still rocks them though. Pretty much the only challenges left that we can think up are melee only and mid tier only (cost wise that is, basically anything that requires 3 deaths to game over with).

Gogg has always been one of my faves, the headbutt is godly (Jump + Melee, does nearly 200 damage and hits very quickly) although it's weapons aren't very good, at least the missile is powerful.

We've done Zock + Zock, to great success against computers. They don't have the timing to hit us if we sidestep and fire all day.

Z'gok is great, hopping and using the sub is fun. The air attack often stops right outside of it's range, at least for me.

I mostly just play the GM and Zaku II, computers are very predictable and they have the tools needed to take advantage of that. GM can fire a single vulcan and make them sidestep then shoot.

I mostly play Gundam vs Zeta Gundam now, but I still have those two challenges to complete. Speaking of GvsZG, I think that board is more popular.

And nobody likes the Acguy. Nobody.

---
www.thespeedgamers.com
Week long Mario marathon is gonna be awesome.
#3BlairvillePosted 6/7/2010 9:18:02 PM
I stand corrected, there are people that love the Acguy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKCsfr7lUM8&feature=related

---
www.thespeedgamers.com
#4Sin Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2010 6:17:19 PM
Hmm, I might try out the Gogg a little more now after reading your post. 200 damage is pretty buff!

By the way, with the Gouf, you can hang in the air for around 6-8 seconds if you manage it right. Tapping the booster makes it hover for an extra half second and barely drops the gauge, plus "sidestepping" while in the air also barely runs out any gauge and keeps you floating as well, allowing you to almost dance your way in from the air. . .the funny thing is, your mobility is even better in the air than it is on the ground, which doesn't even make sense. All you gotta do is get within about 3 body lengths and you can do the sword uppercut from the air and drop them to the ground. Once you're in that close, just get back a bit and start hovering again, wait for them to miss, then charge back in :P

I haven't played Gundam vs Zeta Gundam actually. . .I don't have that game. How is it compared to this one? Is it very similar?

and LOL. My god, he dressed up as an Acguy. I never would have thought anybody would like those worthless things O_O He looks just like one though too. His right claw things and camera thing even work! haha. That is great man.
#5BlairvillePosted 6/8/2010 10:34:13 PM
GvsZG is very similar, except it has at least 3x the mobile suits (some of which are transformable), 2x the characters, and an Awakening system. Plus other modes.

I'll try that with the Gouf next time I play, thanks for the tips.

---
www.thespeedgamers.com
#6Sin Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2010 1:19:21 AM
I just bought it off ebay. Should be here whenever the guy ships it.

Also with Gouf, if you heat rod someone, half the time they will just crumple to their knees for a seconds and get back up, allowing you to just heat rod them again and finish them off. Once you're in on someone with the Gouf, it's over. You just have to make sure you don't get turned around on someone since the suits turn so slowly.

By the way, about the Zeta Gundam game, does it have the Garma Zaku custom in it? I always kinda liked that one in Journey to Jaburo. I always liked the little customized Zakus better than the big stuff like Gundams.
#7Sin Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2010 11:51:10 AM
Oh, I just realized Zeta Gundam is the one with the GM Sniper custom and the Blue Destiny and stuff. That's kinda cool, I liked those suits too. Every GM is pretty lame besides those.

I'm playin through the campaign mode on this game right now, I'm at Mission #67, and just hit 1000 points, so I got the regular Gelgoog, Char's Gelgoog, and the Zeong all at once after I completed the Gelgoog test pilot mission :P I haven't missed any missions yet, I'm hoping to complete them all this time around. Usually I notice missions close if you don't do them right away, so I'm trying to see if I can get them all this time.

It really annoys me how much life they give Amuro in this game. All the other named characters are legitimately killable, but they give Amuro 5x the life of all the other named pilots for some crazy reason + double named pilot power too. So annoying >_> He seems to have physics defying movement too sometimes, 'cause I see him doing double sidesteps without having to even balance after landing. :X

I wish Char's Zaku and Z'Gok would repair a little faster. The Zaku especially, I mean it's not that powerful anyway, there's no reason for it to be in the shop for several missions even if I take no damage with it during a mission. . .
#8RayAzul7Posted 6/10/2010 8:36:11 AM
I've got a youtube up with mobile suits i used in Zeon's Campaign.

I mainly used the Z'goks in the earlier missions after it was available.
the reason why is because of the fire power and the mobility.
I can move freely and fast while shooting up a lot with accuracy.

For evading and timed missions:
Doms and Goggs. they're for "S" ranks.

In space and ground, i'm using the GM, once it's available.
reason is, the mobility and accuracy.
The rifle can take out from mid range very quickly. and the subweapon can take out incoming missles from pesky Ground Combat Gundams in harder missions.
I used it as well because of how much health the game takes off after a perfect 100% Evade rated mission. It takes off a very very small amount. and the performance is almost like a Gundam's

-beam rifles are the best to shoot because u can take out enemy rockets with it as well.

see vids on Zeon Campaign at youtube.
#9BlairvillePosted 6/10/2010 1:44:58 PM
Amuro is killable in the Texas Colony mission. Make him fight under the cliff and when he tries to run away he'll boost predictably up the cliff. You can then easily shoot him down again and again. I recommend having a reloadable weapon for this, else you'll be forced to melee him and that has more room for error. Then again, I haven't tried this myself and only machine guns are reloadable...

About Gundam vs Zeta Gundam, OYW mobile suits are generally inferior to Zeta Gundam suits. Nemo is definitely the best low cost MS, with the Hizack right behind it, and lots of ZG suits can transform into a flying form (they can run away forever, at least in human hands, comps usually suck with them). The comp is also much smarter and a bit less predictable, exception being allied AI who still love shooting you when you're meleeing. I usually put them on hide.

---
http://backloggery.com/peril1337
I use bear arms in ALL of my decorating.
#10BlairvillePosted 6/10/2010 1:52:26 PM

I've got a youtube up with mobile suits i used in Zeon's Campaign.

I mainly used the Z'goks in the earlier missions after it was available.
the reason why is because of the fire power and the mobility.
I can move freely and fast while shooting up a lot with accuracy.

For evading and timed missions:
Doms and Goggs. they're for "S" ranks.

In space and ground, i'm using the GM, once it's available.
reason is, the mobility and accuracy.
The rifle can take out from mid range very quickly. and the subweapon can take out incoming missles from pesky Ground Combat Gundams in harder missions.
I used it as well because of how much health the game takes off after a perfect 100% Evade rated mission. It takes off a very very small amount. and the performance is almost like a Gundam's

-beam rifles are the best to shoot because u can take out enemy rockets with it as well.

see vids on Zeon Campaign at youtube.

Are you ColonelArctic? Only vids I could find were from him.

---
http://backloggery.com/peril1337
I use bear arms in ALL of my decorating.