Digivolution Experience Points (DVEXP)

#1Rob01mPosted 1/15/2009 2:52:29 AM
This is a relatively simple topic discussing a small portion of the game. It applies to both NTSC and PAL versions of the game.

The game stores separate values for experience points assigned to specific evolutions. Since this value is hidden from the player, and independent of the usual experience points value, I will assign it the name DVEXP for the purpose of this thread.

Every digimon defeated in battle yields a specific amount of DVEXP, which is lower than the EXP amount the digimon would give. I might spend time later on to write down the DVEXP amount given by each digimon, but that's not what I'll discuss right now. I will, however, state that Kunemon and Tapirmon that you encounter in the beginning of the game yield 1 DVEXP (in fact, 1 is the minimum you can obtain unless you are capped at level 99). As another example, Dokugumon yields 5 DVEXP.

Also, If you use multiple digimon forms against the same enemy, DVEXP will be split apart and shared, just like EXP. Instead of 5 DVEXP, Dokugumon will give two forms 3 DVEXP each, and so on.

Each digimon form needs a different amount of DVEXP to level up and eventually hit level 99, but they fall into tiers which I'll list now.

--- Tier 1 ---

Levels 01 - 99 = 10 DVEXP per level
Total DVEXP = 980

Greymon, Growlmon, Dinohumon, Grizzmon, Hookmon, Angemon, Kyubimon, ExVeemon, Stingmon

--- Tier 2 ---

Levels 01 - 95 = 10 DVEXP per level
Levels 95 - 99 = 50 DVEXP per level
Total DVEXP = 1140

MetalGreymon, WarGrowlmon, Kyukimon, GrapLeomon, Armormon, MagnaAngemon, Taomon, Paildramon, SkullGreymon, MetalMamemon, Kabuterimon, Angewomon, Devimon

--- Tier 3 ---

Levels 01 - 90 = 10 DVEXP per level
Levels 90 - 99 = 50 DVEXP per level
Total DVEXP = 1340

WarGreymon, Gallantmon, GuardiAngemon, Marsmon, Cannondramon, Seraphimon, Sakuyamon, Imperialdramon, BlackWarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, Rosemon, Digitamamon, Myotismon

--- Tier 4 ---

Levels 01 - 80 = 10 DVEXP per level
Levels 80 - 99 = 50 DVEXP per level
Total DVEXP = 1740

Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, MegaGargomon, GranKuwagamon, Phoenixmon, MaloMyotismon

--- Tier 5 ---

Levels 01 - 60 = 10 DVEXP per level
Levels 60 - 99 = 50 DVEXP per level
Total DVEXP = 2540

Omnimon, Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, Diaboromon, Beelzemon

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

As an example, if you were to stay and fight the Kunemon and Tapirmon at the very beginning of the game, your Champion forms would be leveling up after every 10 battles, all the way to 99. That would be 980 Kunemon / Tapirmon. In fact, all digimon forms would level up every 10 of them, up until level 60 for the Tier 5 Megas. This is not recommended, obviously.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to post in the thread.
#2BeelzemontZeroPosted 1/15/2009 3:50:11 AM
WOW !!!

first,before comments.

i would say you have done a great job by observing it this far.

and i will salute you more , if u really can post the DV EXP form each wild digimons

and i suggest you write level with skill level, since skill level is for digivolution & level is for partner/the rookies

now, the comments
this time i will take an wargrowlmon (from Guilmon) ,and Pink Ebidramon (once again the poor ebidramon be my victim ^^) as example

while i fishing & fight Ebidramon with Wargrowlmon,. I always skill level up each battle, but it stop while i reach skill level 90 , and take 2-5 battle to get into skill level 99.

So ,what causing it.
this also happen to all ultimate, while champion got "slow down" at skill level 95 above.

one important question, do the DVEXP we get carried on next skill level ?
what i mean is like this .
and this only example,
A-mon need 10 DVEXP for each skilllevel up
and example B-Mon give 7 DVEXP for each battle.
this mean A-mon should skill level up after 2 battle,right ?
and he suppose to get 14 DVEXP for those 2 battle.
and since he only need 10 DVEXP to skill level up, will the remaining 4 DVEXP carried on to the next skill leve,so it will be only needed 6 DVEXP to skill level up ?
or it will reset each skill level up
Hope u get what i mean ^^

---
Want to know 5 fact/reason why Beelzemon is the coolest Digimon ever exist ?
See my Quote at my profile. Cause text limitation :)
#3Magoichi the LonerPosted 1/15/2009 4:06:45 AM
You sir, kick ass.

Freakin' amazing work, man.
---
You're not Alexander!
#4RanlomPosted 1/15/2009 4:14:24 AM
Very interesting. How did you determine the DV EX for the different Digimon?

Kudos. I look forward to seeing you get more in-depth with this.
---
Green Bay Packers
We will never forget. Jack Vainisi
#5EVA_ZEROPosted 1/15/2009 10:05:34 AM
while i fishing & fight Ebidramon with Wargrowlmon,. I always skill level up each battle, but it stop while i reach skill level 90 , and take 2-5 battle to get into skill level 99.

So ,what causing it.
this also happen to all ultimate, while champion got "slow down" at skill level 95 above.

Champions don't slow down at all, and ultimates slow down at 95, so you mixed something up there ^^

And I can't be 100% sure, but it looks like the experience isn't carried over to the next skill level.

BTW TC, how did you figure out the exact numbers how much you need for an skill level up?
#6Rob01m(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2009 12:22:19 PM
Through further testing, I have found a mistake in my original post. But don't worry, it doesn't affect most of what I tested, since I was plugging in values directly and not relying on my mistake.

DVEXP is not static based on the specific digimon. DVEXP given has a correlation with your partner's level (Rookie form only). Basically, the game measures digimon as they would compare to you and assign DVEXP accordingly. The minimum is 1 DVEXP, the maximum seems to be 10. 10 is a good number, as it means that you'll never gain more than one DV level per fight. I can see why the game did it this way. A level 1 Veemon will not get the same DVEXP for his DV forms as a level 10 Veemon from the same enemy, for example. The level 1 Veemon will get 10 DVEXP from Dokugumon (since Dokugumon is tough for that level), while the level 10 Veemon will get 4 DVEXP from the same Dokugumon (since Dokugumon is easier for the level). Eventually, Veemon will get 1 DVEXP from Dokugumon at a certain level.

Now to answer questions. I'll bold the questions, as GameFAQs lacks quote blocks.

i would say you have done a great job by observing it this far.

and i will salute you more , if u really can post the DV EXP form each wild digimons

Looks like thats no longer as useful, seeing as how DVEXP amounts will decrease as the partner levels up. What I CAN do is write down the points at which enemies will begin to offer low DVEXP amounts, for example, when it will stop giving 10, when it will stop giving 5, etc.

So ,what causing it.

Well, firstly, we need to be specific with the champion in question. Refer to my Tier list for more information, Kabuterimon will start slowing down at 95, but Angemon will not. However, now that we know that partner level factors into the DVEXP given, THAT could explain why your tier 1 champion slowed down. The amount of DVEXP required remained the same, but the amount that the digimon you battled gave was lowered.

what i mean is like this .
and this only example,
A-mon need 10 DVEXP for each skilllevel up
and example B-Mon give 7 DVEXP for each battle.
this mean A-mon should skill level up after 2 battle,right ?
and he suppose to get 14 DVEXP for those 2 battle.
and since he only need 10 DVEXP to skill level up, will the remaining 4 DVEXP carried on to the next skill leve,so it will be only needed 6 DVEXP to skill level up ?
or it will reset each skill level up

DVEXP for, let's say, Greymon, is one value. The individual levels aren't separate. It's exactly the same as normal EXP in that, if you get a certain amount (let's say 670 total) you will hit a certain level. DVEXP carries over into the next level. There is no DVEXP wasted.

Very interesting. How did you determine the DV EX for the different Digimon?

By looking into the game memory, and reading as well as manipulation that value directly. Just like how normal EXP has a place in memory, and can be altered with a gameshark code, so too can DVEXP for a certain evolution. The problem with making a gameshark code for this, though, is that the positions of the DVEXP values in memory vary based on the order you obtain the DVs in. If you get ExVeemon first for Veemon (which is always the case), he'll be in the first "slot" in memory. That's an easy gameshark code to make. However, I'd be hesitant to give an Imperialdramon code, since it might overwrite a digimon you had in it's slot.

That also answers EVA_ZERO's questions I believe.

So sorry about the mistake guys! I can't edit posts here, unfortunately.
#7Rob01m(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2009 12:37:48 PM
I'm wondering whether I should delete this thread and make a new one, to correct the mistake in the original post.

These forums need an edit feature.
#8Med_Jai(Moderator)Posted 1/15/2009 8:14:02 PM
I would say go ahead and make a new one.
---
Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
#9Rob01m(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2009 9:31:28 PM
I'll wait a bit.

I wanted to play through the game again anyways, so I might as well be complete and repost the thread when I have a complete list of levels at which the digimon enemies start diminishing in DVEXP.

It would be interesting to see for the purpose of knowing great leveling areas at various points in the game, to balance with areas good for normal EXP.

It would also give me a chance to really test everything thoroughly and catch any more mistakes I may have made somewhere.

I'll continue to answer questions anyone may have in this thread, though, as it will be a while before I make a full list.
#10ChaosBeelzemonPosted 1/16/2009 3:48:20 AM
Nice work. I really like it.

You said DVEXP depends on your rookie Digimon's level. That makes it impossible to write a list for DVEXP. However, is there any formula that determines the DVEXP. If there is, you could simply write the DVEXP obtained at lv1 and it would be easy to figure how much DVEXP you get at a certain level.

When you have done more tests and found out everything you wanted make a new topic and write everything there. We will request a sticky.