Strength or Spirit: Which is better for each digivolution?

#1Crusader_HaseoPosted 7/5/2010 9:56:41 PM
Does anybody have a chart/list for this. I'd like to plan out what I'm going to raise for each of my digimon (Monmon, Agumon, Renamon) before I'm just pump every gym visit into strength and Speed (for Agumon and Monmon at least).

I did check the FAQs.
---
http://boards.hunterchan.org/
Want a place to call LS Trippers what you really mean, but don't want to get banned? Try Hunterchan. Post and tell other hunters.
#2RetsuxDPosted 7/5/2010 11:15:12 PM
Monmon -> STR all the way,he rarely haves any magic tech,at least in his line,if you go for the ExVeemon line,still train STR,as that digivolution has an early demolishing attack force.
Agumon -> Overpower STR first,once you get in the 600 range,start with the SPR,as Finishers and some awesome tech(Giga Fire,Black Dart) are magic attacks.
Renamon -> SPR first,around the 400+ range,train STR a bit for Taomon's super ugly finisher(Seriously,a physical finish on a magic based evo!? I hear "FIRED!" on my head),then keep with the SPR.

In between those trainings,train SPD,DEF,SPD,DEF,WSM in that order,with only 5 TP,or 10 if you have 'em,the others,SPR and STR try to use always 10 TP.
Let's see...
Monmon's base stats...
STR 40 + Average 30 per training LV->3-6-9-12-15-18-21-24(x8)
DEF 42 + Average 15 per t. LV->7-13-22(x3)
SPR 26 + MEH!.(Are you actually training him in THIS!?)
WSM 37 + Average 15 pt. LV-16(x1)
SPD 55 + Average 15 pt. LV->4-10-19-25 (x4)
Based on LV25 Monmon
Now,letīs suppose(SUPPOSEEEEE!) that Monmon gains +6 in all stats per LV Up,an unequipped Monmon LV25 should have the following stats,if trained like I said so.
ST 40 + 240 + 144 -> 424
DE 42 + 45 + 144 -> 231
SP 26 + 144 -> 170
WS 37 + 15 + 144 -> 196
SP 55 + 60 + 144 -> 259
*It could be better if I knew the actual LV Up bonus,asdf.*
Of course,you should always train Fire Tolerance for Renamon mostly,for the MP bonus,it will help with expensive techs like Energy Drain(75 MP).
Now,now,can someone lend me Agumon and Renamon's base stats?
Not in the mood to star a new game after THAT.
#3Crusader_Haseo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2010 11:40:02 PM
Wow. Thanks man. I didn't ask about the others because the only other one I'd use is Kotemon (played with Veemon, Guimon, Kumamon, and Patamon before) and I know his are physical.
---
Want a place to call LS Trippers what you really mean, but don't want to get banned? Try Hunterchan. Post and tell other hunters.
#4BeelzemontZeroPosted 7/5/2010 11:54:07 PM
Agumon -> Overpower STR first,once you get in the 600 range,start with the SPR,as Finishers and some awesome tech(Giga Fire,Black Dart) are magic attacks.

I would suggest against it ^^
the AVG Brothers can get strength easily by leveling up AND Weapons (especially 2H weapons)
since you can't exceed 999 stats , you will feel you wasted the precious TP on STR , later on the game

I suggest training in order >>> Speed , Def, Spirit , Wisdom

---
Beelzemon is the coolest digimon ever exist ! Call me B'Z, Beel or Zero
"GIVE ME YOUR FACE !" - Optimus Prime
#5Crusader_Haseo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2010 12:23:11 AM
Why defense over spirit?
---
#6BeelzemontZeroPosted 7/6/2010 12:39:43 AM
Well, you can switch defense or spirit or wisdom for the AVG Brothers (just balanced it)

why speed first, because you should already know that speed is the superior stat in this game
* attack twice
* evade (even when facing Galacticmon)
* unproved steal rate
* unproved critical hits

---
#7BeelzemontZeroPosted 7/6/2010 12:45:12 AM
when you feel your speed is enough
(300 for east & south sectors), (600 for west sector) (700-999 for the laters)
concentrate more on Spirit & wisdom over Defense, since most enemy can't harm you anymore (except they use magics, that why you should switch to wisdom later) :D

---
#8Crusader_Haseo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2010 1:52:28 AM
Ahh, thanks. Though, I'm not going to use Veemon or Guilmon.
---
#9RetsuxDPosted 7/6/2010 5:33:47 AM
@BeelzemontZero
I'm against most THW like Scythes,Heavy Swords and the like because of the SPD drop,and since Agumon,as you gains a good STR bonus per LV Up,that doesn't mean at all it shouldn't be boosted,oh and the SPD requirement for the West Sector,that's absolutely crazy,why would you train up that badly for a double attack when you can have a super awesome fight command that might hack away more than a double attack,seriously,I went there with none of my digimon's speed surpassing the 400(Didn't matter because I had Megas,took about 20~30 hours.).
But that may be you gameplay style anyway...
PS: Just in case...
Agumon LV41 -> BKWargreymon 99
Renamon LV41 -> Kabuterimon 99
Monmon LV41 -> Cannondramon 5
*Played on emu since my 2 copies of the game crash in the first cutscene,but thanks to a filthy emulator,my save got deleted...*
#10JDavidCPosted 7/6/2010 9:28:37 AM
Strength for physical attackers, spirit for magic attackers, simple as that really. All digimon can do well with strength though.

BTW, 2-handed weapons are awesome, even with the speed reduction. High chance-on-hit confusion (which may as well be delayed instant death, just whacking a helpless digimon afterwards), or instant death with the Soul Chopper (that weapon is so broken, I wish Veemon could use something like it).
---
I only deal with 100% legit/uncloned pokemon in trades.