This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

shinra sphere break

#1deathguise125Posted 10/31/2009 2:51:59 PM
i just scraped beating shinra in Ch.3 sphere break tournament and when i say scraped i mean it every coin selected 15/15 turns 40/40 qoutas 1.2 seconds left did any one else get this at one point i thought i messed up and was goin to lose so i was pleasantly surprised also does anyone know if i could have missed this one and beaten him later for the %
---
xbox live gamertag: ajkiller125, psn: vincent125
Final Fantasy XI Character: ajkiller, Job: dragoon/whitemage, Level: 41/19, server: odin, nation: windurst
#2WalkThruWallsPosted 10/31/2009 9:54:03 PM
You must beat Shinra in Ch.3 to get 100% in one game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=WalkThruWalls
http://www.esnips.com/user/WalkThruWalls
#3Tom007Posted 10/31/2009 10:15:52 PM
Rant - Good gravy, is it so hard to use PUNCTUATION in messages? It's a little hard to make sense reading all that.

Yup, have to beat him in the tourney. I ended up having a save file in the tournament and battled till I went crazy.........then figured out how to beat him. It's just one of those things that infuriates you to no end and when you finally beat him, you realize just how easy it is. Kinda like euchre (card game) in that sense.

Sphere Break is an okay mini-game, but it's not my favorite. My favorite in the FF series remains to be Blitzball (from the first FFX, not this one) with Triple Triad a very close second.
---
Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so?
KS - Obviously you condescending twit!
#4deathguise125(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2009 4:44:05 AM
sorryctuation, it was posted early in the morning, like 3ish, and yea i know what you mean by being good, my two favorite are the blitzball from X and tetra master from IX
---
xbox live gamertag: ajkiller125, psn: vincent125
Final Fantasy XI Character: ajkiller, Job: dragoon/whitemage, Level: 41/19, server: odin, nation: windurst
#5GreyfeldPosted 11/1/2009 3:04:53 PM
I gotta say, Triple Triad was my fav mini game in any FF game. Blitzball was fun until you had to play 50-ish games to get Wakka's ultimate weapon.

I managed to beat Shinra pretty easily... think it was round 11 or so when I beat him with a 3 coin x4 echo bonus. Long as you stick with 3 coins, it's pretty easy, unless you get mad unlucky and get a string of 1 spheres.
#6Algebralvr2Posted 11/1/2009 7:11:49 PM
triple triad allowed you to break the game very easily in 8

---
2^99=633,828,300,114,114,700,748,351,602,688
99^2=9,801 Really Big Difference Get Your Math Right
#7GreyfeldPosted 11/3/2009 1:16:13 AM

Algebralvr2 posted...
triple triad allowed you to break the game very easily in 8

---
2^99=633,828,300,114,114,700,748,351,602,688
99^2=9,801 Really Big Difference Get Your Math Right

Which is one of the many reasons why FF8 slid down the list of my fav FF games. Which is a shame, because triple triad was a really fun card game.

#8RedCross_KnightPosted 11/4/2009 9:44:00 AM
I agree. Triple Triad was awesome. It was simple to understand, and altogether enjoyable. FF8 didn't require you to absolutely master it to get anything out of it either. Being something you could pretty much play whenever. Although those world rules were a real pain.

FF9 never really explained the rules to Tetra Master, so I didn't play it much. I also heard that the rewards weren't that great either.

Blitzball is ass. It's way too confusing and requires total proficiency of every mechanic to get anything valuable out of it. I lost the first 3 games and gave up on it. Forcing the player to scouer the world for the best players isn't something the beginner immediately thinks to do. ugh, its just a horrid game.

Sphere break is even worse. The concept may be a little easier to understand but the fact that the game doesnt give you enough time to really practice before demanding excellence really kills any sense of enjoyment.

meh, just my thoughs.
---
There is no neutral position. We all have our presuppositions.
#9oriusPosted 11/4/2009 9:52:10 PM
FF9 never really explained the rules to Tetra Master, so I didn't play it much. I also heard that the rewards weren't that great either.

There are no rewards, and it's a shame really since I enjoy how it plays a little more than Triple Triad. There's just no reason to go through the trouble, which makes Triple Triad better by default.

I like Sphere Break about as much as Triple Triad. It's fairly challenging and the rewards aren't too bad. Blitzball (the original version) is pretty good too, but the rewards are unfortunately not worth the trouble it takes to earn them. A game takes at least 10-15 minutes to play in real time, and because of that, it's simply not worth it for a single disposable item.

---
Gaming for 25 years and still going strong.
http://www.backloggery.com/orius
#10Tom007Posted 11/16/2009 4:27:02 PM
First off, nice to see another long time gamer on the scene: Orius. :) I've been gaming for 29 years. That's going back to when I was 3. I still remember my cousin Dan coming over to see my father's new 'Puter - the Commodore Vic-20....and then there was Shuttle Commander and Gorf. I still have those cartidges here. Heheheh.

As for Triple Triad, I was one of those few people claiming to be able to get the Lionheart in Disc 1 and for about 5 months, they called us liars, till they figured it out. Only a handful of us figured out how to get it in Disc 1 and we all didn't want to spill the beans. Still think it was worth it.

It wasn't TT that "broke" the game, it was the 1000 exp points per level that did it. Too easy to gain levels. On the other hand, made things interesting in the right circumstances. Heheheh. FF8 is what I call a Grinder's / Completionist's Paradise. *grins devishly*

SB took me a while to understand. Drove me nuts, especially when I went up against Shinra. Have a bunch of choice words for that lil bugger. Ended up just avoiding SB altogether until my 3rd playthrough, then went to beat the yeller demon. Now in my 6th playthrough and grinding and playing SB often.
---
Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so?
KS - Obviously you condescending twit!