This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Turbo Trigger Happy

#1Sin93Posted 10/7/2010 2:03:18 AM
Ok, so I had the idea that on my next playthrough, I'd try using a turbo controller with trigger happy to see how it did. Any ideas whether or not it'll work? My only worry is that it'll be too fast, cos I can't remember how it works exactly.

Also, if you have the 3 girls all use trigger happy together, the button presses only affect one girl, don't they?
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." - Vyse the Legend
GT: GallJ
#2JoloStukiPosted 10/7/2010 4:09:03 PM
Nope, if all 3 girls use trigger happy at the same time, and you press the button 12 times, all girls use the attack 12 times...meaning 36 hits.

My turbo controller is actually slower than me... In GF boosting in FF8 or item boosting in LoD, the turbo controller is too slow.

I've heard of people getting ridiculously high numbers in this game, but whenever I use trigger happy, and I mash R1, I find my hits are limited by a button 'cooldown' that prevents overly-fast command input, so I suspect they're lying.

---
"Sorry what we enjoy cuts into your being bitter and depressed time. Why don't you go feel superior in that corner over there? Yeah, the empty one."
#3Rakhal_SWardenPosted 10/9/2010 1:38:40 AM
Whenever I use trigger-happy (lv3) I get 12-13 hits for it. If I use haste as well, it's 18-20 hits. Given that I appear to be able to hit the button at least fast enough to get 18 hits in the time, I'm pretty sure that 12-13 is the limit for a normal trigger-happy, no matter how fast you can press the button.

--Rakhal
#4Jiyuu FalconPosted 10/9/2010 6:05:13 PM
12. No more.

...Haste, you say? Hmmm...
#5Jiyuu FalconPosted 10/16/2010 6:43:20 PM
Oops. 13.

First hit doesn't count as a chain, so only 12-chain is displayed, but it's 13 hits.