This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really don't understand this game's Blitzball.

#1CevesunPosted 2/1/2011 1:35:11 PM
Why Square?
I LOVED FFX Blitzball. Playing through the story's main game mode I had to reset a few times when playing against the Luca Goers. On my 3rd try I finally got them and the feeling was glorious. Since then I had so much fun playing matches against all the teams, learning abilities (some I had to look up when to press X), and getting those prizes. It only got boring due to lack of progression when I could win all the games easily and to challenge myself. I did this by rotating the guys around with lackluster stats in those lackluster positions.

After awhile this got boring too and I moved on from it. Great game overall.

Low and behold, THIS game's blitzball. I don't get it.
I read the 2 FAQs here on this site, looked up biothryms w/e, read the descriptions for the additional 5 or 6 stats, and I still get blown out of the water. I practice just enough (I think?) so my players don't get tired, I scout around but keep the original Gull Wings, look at tutorials, exhibitions -- nothing.

Al Bhed team are of course the dominate team. Game's called after 7 scores.
Luca Goers I can't score against either.

I seem to play only against these two after 3 or 4 resets.
So what do I do guys? I'm at Chapter 5, going for 100% completion, had no problem doing new game+ till I hit this road block.
#2pure mind gamesPosted 2/1/2011 2:34:40 PM
you don't need to play blitz for 100%
---
PSN: Pure_Mind_Games
Live: Only1PMG
#3silly_sausagePosted 2/1/2011 3:36:21 PM
I don't get it either, but I just started increasing my characters stats, and then I started winning. It still makes absolutely no sense to me, in fact, all I see when I play it is a bunch of little guys just randomly swimming around, and then stuff happens, and then I win. It's so silly when I think about it, just so silly.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
#4WalkThruWallsPosted 2/1/2011 4:11:07 PM
Check these out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/562386-final-fantasy-x-2?search=blitz
---
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=WalkThruWalls
http://www.esnips.com/user/WalkThruWalls
#5pure mind gamesPosted 2/2/2011 1:05:56 AM
it's not worth figuring out how to play, Blitz just plain sucks in this game, thank god the rest of the game kicks arse
---
PSN: Pure_Mind_Games
Live: Only1PMG
#6k_adsl123Posted 2/2/2011 2:39:49 PM
Agreed, Blitz was a huge disappointment in this game.

Thankfully you didn't have to play it.

:D
---
Please buy my book.
#7PRINCESSMAGICALPosted 2/4/2011 3:11:31 PM
Why couldn't they just keep the same exact game in?
---
Your chains are still mine, you belong to me! ~ The Phantom Of The Opera
FFI through FFX are the true Final Fantasy's
#8EphameraPosted 2/4/2011 9:25:01 PM
Blitzball in this game seems more look like coaching than playing...
---
" The true evil won't stop until the fat lady sings " Dotty MRE
#9Cevesun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2011 9:23:29 AM
I've honestly gotten the hang of it now. It's not as hard as I was making it seem, though you have to understand what you're doing. Else you screw up everyone's stats and you'll have to work twice as hard to make it right, if you do hang with it.

But I still like FFX's better. If you don't like Blitzball in general, this game is for you. It speeds everything up incredibly. All you need to do is to work on your players stats in one sitting and start getting all the prizes with ease.