This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got the game am i playing this right?(spoilers)

#1completeboyPosted 11/6/2012 11:32:37 PM
i assume dressgrid system is something like class changing in the middle of the battle, i also assume learning the grid system overall can be like a character or all can be like jack of all trades.

please give me a short instruction on dresssphere, thanks in advance.

i have just defeated the spider like boss, reached the area of ffx now doing find wakka mission. this game feels so easy and the rather real time action feels awesome, it has impressed me and might as well make up for the ffx failure for me.

i am also checking faqs as soon as i post this topic.

by the way i am keeping yuna as a singer who sings and she barely gets hurt cause payne is great and rikku is better than what she was in ffx.
---
i am in love albeit its one-sided as of yet.
#2WalkThruWallsPosted 11/6/2012 11:49:49 PM
As for the DS, each char can learn all the abilities of all the DS. The only difference is their special DS, which is different for each and takes some work to use in each battle, and 2 DS called Trainer and Mascot, which are also different for each of them. Be sure to talk to Shinra on the airship and read all his tutorials.
---
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=WalkThruWalls
http://www.esnips.com/user/WalkThruWalls
#3completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 12:50:45 AM
thanks wtw, i think i know you.

alright this game is awesome.

here are my few ?s

just got whitemage sphere.

if i sing battle cry and than change yuna's dress (class is more proper i think) will the effect be still there? is songstress a good class?

is this game easy or what?

is it possible to gain ultimate weapons earlier or something niche earlier?

is this explorable right from the beginning?

any pro tips?

by the way i had internet off for a day and now getting an early response as i play this game is awesome, i always dreamed of internet and on spot solutions and i say gamefaqs and the boards community rules.
---
#4completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 2:03:05 AM
what are the possibilities of class combo?

is it necessary to change garment spheres?
---
#5falconesquePosted 11/7/2012 7:36:56 AM
Welcome to FFX-2, 'boy. :j

Most of your questions can be answered by observation. Icons appear on health gauges, for friend and foe alike; one help topic explains those icons.

Yes, it can be easy. Yes, go wherever you like from the start. The hotspots move the story along, however, so save those for last. Go everywhere else and explore first.

Pro tips? FFX-2 has a New Game Plus (NGP) feature, and is designed to use it. Don't knuckle down to do everything in one playthrough, and when you reach near the end, ensure you have room for a second save file for the NGP data.

Yes, lots of garment grids and your first playthrough you will probably change them many times. They can't be changed mid-battle, of course. Play on for now and evaluate each one as you acquire them. BTW, WTW's advice nets you a garment grid.

For FFX-2, Split Infinity's various guides are a good first stop for answers. Download them from the FAQs page so the next time you turn off your connection you can still have instant answers if you get stuck.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#6completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 9:03:20 AM
falconesque posted...
Welcome to FFX-2, 'boy. :j

Most of your questions can be answered by observation. Icons appear on health gauges, for friend and foe alike; one help topic explains those icons.

Yes, it can be easy. Yes, go wherever you like from the start. The hotspots move the story along, however, so save those for last. Go everywhere else and explore first.

Pro tips? FFX-2 has a New Game Plus (NGP) feature, and is designed to use it. Don't knuckle down to do everything in one playthrough, and when you reach near the end, ensure you have room for a second save file for the NGP data.

Yes, lots of garment grids and your first playthrough you will probably change them many times. They can't be changed mid-battle, of course. Play on for now and evaluate each one as you acquire them. BTW, WTW's advice nets you a garment grid.

For FFX-2, Split Infinity's various guides are a good first stop for answers. Download them from the FAQs page so the next time you turn off your connection you can still have instant answers if you get stuck.

thanks pal, so like each garment grid gives around a few stat boosts, is this correct?

also i got split inifinity's faq and a also read a topic about playing the game for first time in this board some hours ago where it mentioned about visiting hotspots last, i realized it now that hotspots indeed move storyline, i have completed chapter 1 with around 2 or 3 missions complete, i also realized via faq that i missed a few ggs can they be obtained later for e.g. the gun mage gg?

how to level faster or where to level faster earlier?

i just realized that there are tougher enemies in game which does not give enough xp points when killed so it is ok to flee around right?

if i do not want to replay the game, than other than those different endings and ggs what would i miss?

i do not plan to replay the games considering i got pending games here is the list:-

wild arms 3 and wild arms 5
fatal frame
growlanser 3
aterlier aris 3
disgaea and digaea 2
gran turismo 3
and lots more, i kinda play a bit of them and get bored and move towards new ones.

soon i will soon have maximo ghosts to glory and shadow hearts 1.

and considering i am planning to play most ps2 games let alone rpgs i cannot afford wasting time on replaying games. i think i will play and finish around 400 games atleast before i finally buy a ps3.
---
#7WalkThruWallsPosted 11/8/2012 1:29:16 AM
Gun Mage is a DS, it can only be earned in chapter 1 or 2. Most things can only be gotten in 1 chapter, some require doing things in earlier chapters to get them later.

Mostly you really don't need much extra levelling, if any. Just defeating what you encounter should level you plenty unless you hurry thru the game hitting hotspots. You can check the levelling faq if you want to do much extra.

Escaping battles is fine, even when trying for "The End" GG since there really isn't much left in the game when you get it

There is nothing special added tu the game for NG+..
---
#8completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 2:03:32 AM
WalkThruWalls posted...
Gun Mage is a DS, it can only be earned in chapter 1 or 2. Most things can only be gotten in 1 chapter, some require doing things in earlier chapters to get them later.

Mostly you really don't need much extra levelling, if any. Just defeating what you encounter should level you plenty unless you hurry thru the game hitting hotspots. You can check the levelling faq if you want to do much extra.

Escaping battles is fine, even when trying for "The End" GG since there really isn't much left in the game when you get it

There is nothing special added tu the game for NG+..

thanks i was about to post that i missed the gun mage ds on chapter 1 moonflow quest. i like bluemage class in general but i think i can afford to skip it. after all i am into the completion thing in gaming either.

now what you mentioned about most things can only be gotten in chapter 1 makes me think i should restart the game as i am in chapter 2.

by the way its only one job at a time and no combos right?

on a /note i got the usual feeling of 'i cannot to play the game' which i do not have for the games mentioned before here. finally a traditional rpg.

i would praise this game by saying that this game has technical enhancements which surprisingly does not reduce the fun and thats a rare thing. i also prefer this atb over older ff atbs.
---
#9completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 6:30:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10WalkThruWallsPosted 11/9/2012 1:10:10 AM
Acually, I wrote that most things can only be obtained in a single chapter, not in chapter 1. Gun Mage can still be earned in chapter 2, as well as Paine's Special DS if you missed it. You still may want to start over and do all areas that are not hotspots before doing the hotspots without bothering to follow a guide. Some things will certainly be missed ( probably not a ds except Trainer and maybe Mascot ) since they aren't very obvious or must be done at very specific times but it's better to have fun than to stare at a guide line by line every time you do something.

Jobs can't be combined except for Mascot, wich is like 3 DS in 1 but you still must master the individual DS to have all the abilities available. to Mascot.
---