This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any reason to play blitz?

#1IncertarumPosted 11/8/2012 9:44:19 PM
By this I mean am I going to lose out on anything of mega importance?

I really don't want to play blitz at all; I'd rather chew rusty nails all day long. I can't think of anything on this planet more annoying than blitzball and my hate for it is on the same level as my hate for paedophiles.

I'm not new to FFX-2; I played it years ago when it first came out though I never went for the 100% completion. This time round I want to play it to 100% but if that means having to play blitz I'm just gonna dump the disk in the rubbish. I don't even want to see the word blitzball on the screen let alone have to actually have anything to do with the piece of s*** game.

Please, somebody tell me that I can ignore it totally and doing that won't have any effect on my game.
#2slink_botPosted 11/9/2012 12:44:32 AM
As far as I know, Blitzball has nothing to do with 100% completion. It only gives 1 good item and it isn't even that good anyway, so if you hate Blitzball with a passion then just ignore it.

I too hate this game's version of Blitzball. It's so boring I'd commit suicide if I had to endure even 1 minute of it.
#3rickets987Posted 11/9/2012 1:06:49 AM
pretty much just stuff that only works within the confines of blitzball itself, but you might want it for ... I think it was an AP Egg? I forget

there's an unlockable team in the blitzball game that requires getting the complete 100% ending and I assume you also have to new game plus it

blitzball in this game is a lot better if you hate FFX's. Mostly because you only have to check stats, mess with stats, then "simulate" the match. It's not ridiculously slow, but not fast like a mini game should be. The fact that blitzball unlocks so late in the game just makes it derpworthy.
#4retep_onePosted 11/9/2012 1:28:49 AM
youre not going to miss anything major if you dont play blitzball here. it is not as fun as the FFX version too
---
PSN: Spectre0415
currently playing: tekken tag tournament 2, borderlands 2, nba 2k13, resident evil 6, skyrim
#5Incertarum(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 6:08:17 AM
retep_one posted...
youre not going to miss anything major if you dont play blitzball here. it is not as fun as the FFX version too

Blitz in FFX was fun? O.o

Maybe it's just me but I have an aversion to games where thinking is unnecessary and Blitz is a prime example of this. The only way you could ever lose at Blitz was if your IQ was in minus figures. You could train a monkey to become a half decent player. I never did get Wakka's celestial weapon because I just couldn't take playing the damned game.

In FFXII I couldn't stand either the fishing game or the pirate olympics, quite simply because there is no challenge to them whereas I like Sphere Break in FFX-2 and I totally loved Triple Triad in FFVIII. I think it's because you need a bit of thought to play the latter two.

Anyway, thanks for your answers guys, I appreciate it.
#6falconesquePosted 11/9/2012 7:34:57 AM
As far as I know, Blitzball has nothing to do with 100% completion.

You need to accept that challenge when blitz season opens, but can then immediately quit FFX-2's interface without risk. Nothing else is required in blitzball for hundred percenting AFAIK.

Yes, AP Egg accessories are easy pickings, but at most only 2-3 of those might be helpful on a scratch run.

Blitz in FFX was fun? O.o

Yes, it is. :j Not at all the same as the game in FFX-2, though, of course.

You're not the same player you were back then. Try it fresh. The posted Blitzball FAQ is very helpful.

Best wishes with your run.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#7rickets987Posted 11/9/2012 9:39:43 AM
retep_one posted...
Maybe it's just me but I have an aversion to games where thinking is unnecessary and Blitz is a prime example of this.

You could always not powergame the system and get terrible players instead.

But yeah once you had blitzball figured out in X, it became very mindless because there's no way to lose if you even pick average stat players.

There's also pretty much no way to lose in X-2 once you have a couple of decent players with maxed stats.
#8Incertarum(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 10:02:03 AM
falconesque posted...

You're not the same player you were back then. Try it fresh. The posted Blitzball FAQ is very helpful.

Best wishes with your run.

Thanks for the encouragement but I think I'm gonna pass. Getting me to have any kind of interest in Blitzball after FFX is about as difficult as getting a fish to climb mountains.
#9falconesquePosted 11/10/2012 7:29:41 AM
I hear sockeye salmon annually make that their life's work. ;j

But seriously, blitzball in FFX-2 has almost no resemblance to FFX's blitzball minigame. Truly apples 'n oranges. You can skip the blitz pool entirely, if you like, so games take seconds. You're more a team manager or coach, not a player.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank